Thailand ready to be production hub for electric appliances

Lite Beer

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are the cars for DOMESTIC market any good? I never drive cars so i can't tell but curious to know.

Are these cars safe ?

It is all about quality control and management. I believe that in essence Japanese

car makers here are simply assembling cars here from Japanese manufactured parts.

Not that difficult to bolt part a onto part b.

Lesson learnt the hard way here, never buy anything electrical from "Big..." you know who i mean,otherwise a good supermarket

Why not? They have a return period (1 week?). After that there is the manufacturers warranty.

Are the cars for DOMESTIC market any good? I never drive cars so i can't tell but curious to know.

Are these cars safe ?

Any car manufacturer uses common quality standards regardless of where the vehicle is made or assembled. It would just add cost and complexity to have differing standards. The features may vary from market to market. It is utter nonsense to suggest that ,say, a Ford built in Thailand is inferior to the same model built elsewhere.

For any large volume it is common for a vehicle manufacturer to establish a local stamping, body assembly, and paint plants. It is also common for powertrains to be manufactured elsewhere (quite likely China) and shipped globally.

• Like 1

Are these cars safe ?

From what i see of toyota, their cars seem to be ok. toyota has a school that selects/weeds out/ trains thai's to be able to function at levels they deem adequate. i imagine theres tons of japanese supervision and quality controls in place. their dealerships service departments are japan style organized.

Quality is a word that is not fully understood by Thais. Most of the quality products I purchased in Thailand were from western or Japanese origin. China electronics are nowadays mostly also good quality, however not the cheap ones.

Thailand a hub for electronics production? Ever been to Chenzen, Guangzou or Shanghai? Maybe in 30 years Thailand can catch up as an electronics production hub, but then a lot has to change in the paradigm of product quality, education and doing business

So this is again, like we hear all the time, big talking and little acting. Typical Thai way.

Go way with yer Ted. Every company in Thailand has a huge ISO 14001 sign at the forefront of the building.. thus TOP QUALITY GUARANTEED NOWADAYS. wink.png

As I listen to the quality of B. Streisand on a quiet Sunday eve. smile.png

ISO 14001 is environmental not a quality standard.

Exactly. Q.E.D. ;)

The Thai electronics industry as it exists today is dreadful low quality with a massive fail rate, and matches only that of the grade C crap coming from China.

Even China's grade C is better standard than that of Thailand.

Thailand will NEVER knock China off the top spot for being the 'hub' of electrical appliance manufacturing and they are kidding themselves if they think they can even begin to compete with Japan for quality.

Just another 'hub' joke of a story.

Do they really want to become known as the 'Land of Shock' - as in electricution? Do us all a favour and go back to sleep!

Lesson learnt the hard way here, never buy anything electrical from "Big..." you know who i mean,otherwise a good supermarket

Why not? They have a return period (1 week?). After that there is the manufacturers warranty.

theory dear boy,theory, try doing it.

• Like 1

Ever heard of Underwriter's Laboratories in Thailand? Well they exist:

http://www.ul.com/thailand/eng/pages/

Have you ever seen a UL tag on any electrical device in Thailand? Probably not, because it's so easy and cheap to buy a 100 baht power strip on the street. But walk inside of any business that values its customer service levels (telecoms, data centers, etc) and you'll see UL tags everywhere.

So it is possible for Thailand to manufacture and export high quality UL approved devices, and at the same time continue to allow its citizens to buy 100 baht cheapies on its streets.

Developed countries do something similar - we have both consumer grade and military grade electronic components. Which ones manufacturers use in their products depends on who their customers are and what the prevailing laws require.

theory dear boy,theory, try doing it.

Especially at branches of the subsidiary of a well-known UK supermarket.

Are these cars safe ?

Any car manufacturer uses common quality standards regardless of where the vehicle is made or assembled. It would just add cost and complexity to have differing standards. The features may vary from market to market. It is utter nonsense to suggest that ,say, a Ford built in Thailand is inferior to the same model built elsewhere.

For any large volume it is common for a vehicle manufacturer to establish a local stamping, body assembly, and paint plants. It is also common for powertrains to be manufactured elsewhere (quite likely China) and shipped globally.

I chose to respond to your post because it is one of a few that makes any sense in this issue.

So my response is directed to the others , you seem to have a pretty good handle on this issue.

So if what was said above is true,

and it is certainly true,

then don't you think that the same will also apply if Thailand became a hub of electrical appliances also and Multinationals such as, let's say GE, established manufacturing here?