Bomb attack near Bangkok's Ratchadamnoen boxing stadium injures one person

Bomb attack near Ratchadamnoen injures one person

BANGKOK, 5 May 2014 (NNT) - A ping pong bomb attack injured a woman near Ratchadamnoen boxing stadium last night.

At around 8 PM last night, an explosion was heard in front of the stadium, which is located near the Dhamma Army’s protest site.

A 52-year-old woman has been injured by what is believed to be a ping pong bomb. She was reportedly selling food to protesters when the attack took place. The woman has been taken to Rajavithi Hospital for further treatment.

The Erawan Emergency centre reports that since protests erupted on November 30 of last year, a total of 22 people have been killed and 749 others injured. Four people have so far remained in hospitals.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-05-05 footer_n.gif

dhamma army site..these are the people who started this protest off..more arrived at the wk/end with more going this week..these are the true people of peace..good luck to them...wai2.gif

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Will these cowards ever stop with these bombs? Protesters or not this is wrong !

This sort of gutlesness behaviour has served Thailand well for eons , I can't think of it being any different, but I wish they would tell the tourists on arrival, how peacefull , law abiding Thailand is.

• Like 2

If only the 52 year old women listened to the wise words of Ms. Bang-onrat who stated "I would like to thank the PCAD for merely beating up my son instead of murdering him and dumping his body into a river. It's already such a great mercy on their part. And I would like to warn all citizens not to go near PCAD-occuied areas unless they absolutely have to."

Not a truer word spoken. She thanks the PDRC for showing mercy and being peaceful enough to refrain from murder and she highlighted the dangers of being near any opponent of the PTP lest the unbridled violent wrath of the red shirts grenades and bombs injure or kill them as well.

I hope the 52 year old vendor is OK and lets hope some more netting and protection is offered to the PDRC to ensure the protests become safer for the peaceful protestors and the food vendors.

I lost count of the protest sites. Thought Khun Suterp said he will move all to Lumpini so as to reduce the inconvenience and suffering of Bangkokians. Looks like other splinter groups not listening and obeying him. Worse they start injuring people.

Bomb attack near Ratchadamnoen injures one person

It wasn't a bomb, it was two shots. It wasn't an attack, it was a man, maybe drunk, whose gun went off. He says it was accidentally, no one is challenging that. It didn't wound one person, it wounded two people. It had nothing to do with the Suthep group or politics at all.

Other than that, the OP is accurate.

• Like 1