Personal attack alarms

sungod

Would anyone know where in Thailand I could buy these? I could be after around 100. I have considered ordering them in but am sceptical with customs so would rather source in country if possible.

Thanks

post-18426-0-32478800-1399380416_thumb.j

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doubt they'd be effective unless they also contain pepper spray.

Remember that American who stood up to the Bangkok Taxi driver for $1.60 fare and got hacked to death with a machete? I would wonder at noise being enough to stop anyone here.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/american-hacked-death-over-1-60-cab-fare-thai-police-v19346962

They sell some tear gas spray in Thailand. like a small can in military color of spray.

My wife bought it just for fun.

I sprayed it on my finger than sniffed at it. I wanted to tell that they cheated her....well before I could tell it took me.....that stuff is no fun.....Every women should have that in her bag.....

Pepper/CS spray, handbag sized for any female, will give them those extra few seconds to get away. Great for a taxi if she finds herself in a spot of trouble. Audible alarms will be ignored. Additionally the handbag sized tasers are effective but you need to be close in order to apply a shock. Both widely available all over Thailand.

Thanks, the TV experts strike again!

Someone asked a question. People are answering the question. Opinions vary, but the variations are valuable.

Don't you need to jerk.gif or something?

Thanks, another expert.

The question was where to buy them, not if they work or not.

Thanks to those (even conratulations) who managed to give relevant answers,

Get a wasp gun. There's a common Russian version (forget the name) so must be sold on some market stalls in certain areas whistling.gif here. Don't fanny about with high pitched alarms. No one'll bother to rush to your aid blink.png

Get a wasp gun. There's a common Russian version (forget the name) so must be sold on some market stalls in certain areas whistling.gif here. Don't fanny about with high pitched alarms. No one'll bother to rush to your aid blink.png

Please please don't you realized OP is touchy! rolleyes.gif

He told clearly he doesn't want TV experts answering, plus "The question was where to buy them, not if they work or not" whistling.gifPffffff

They sell some tear gas spray in Thailand. like a small can in military color of spray.

My wife bought it just for fun.

I sprayed it on my finger than sniffed at it. I wanted to tell that they cheated her....well before I could tell it took me.....that stuff is no fun.....Every women should have that in her bag.....

Well many women have something better. An old guy who has a diet heavy with sauerkraut, baked beans,pork sausage, beer, potato, and other items which produce a noxious fume called a fart. All the ladies have to do is turn their man around, point his bum in the right direction and voila, repellent gas.

• Like 1

Please please don't you realized OP is touchy! rolleyes.gif

He told clearly he doesn't want TV experts answering, plus "The question was where to buy them, not if they work or not" whistling.gifPffffff

I must say I came on here as a last resort with low expectations, lets just say you didn't let me down,

Thanks for your input anyway smile.png

• 2 months later...

Thanks, the TV experts strike again!

Someone asked a question. People are answering the question. Opinions vary, but the variations are valuable.

Don't you need to jerk.gif or something?

You are wrong...the poster asked WHERE TO BUY...not for opinions about them.

What's a wasp gun?

Pepper/CS spray, handbag sized for any female, will give them those extra few seconds to get away. Great for a taxi if she finds herself in a spot of trouble. Audible alarms will be ignored. Additionally the handbag sized tasers are effective but you need to be close in order to apply a shock. Both widely available all over Thailand.

Can you tell me where I can buy one of these pepper/cs sprays in Bangkok that are small enough to put in a ladies handbag. I'm going to the UK next week, and the area where I'm staying has a lot of trouble from Eastern European Immigrants.

Can you tell me where I can buy one of these pepper/cs sprays in Bangkok that are small enough to put in a ladies handbag. I'm going to the UK next week, and the area where I'm staying has a lot of trouble from Eastern European Immigrants.

Often use ladies handbags do you?

And then get done for carrying an offensive weapon ?

Use it and it is "assault with intent". Not a wise move.

Edited by RolandRat
  • Like 1

Sprays and zappers and alarms can, and often do, aggravate the situation, as well as stand a chance of being used on the victim.

The very best repellant is for a woman to teach herself how to vomit.

No, I'm not kidding. And it can be learned with a bit of (unpleasant) practice. Only caveat is to have eaten something in the last few hours.

Nothing gets a guy's hands off a woman faster than her puke.

Anyway, no I don't know where to buy those here.

so, you don't know where to buy one, but it's nice you're looking after people in other ways.

Try opposite the Landmark Hotel between Soi 5 and 7 lots of stalls selling this gear. Two types available CS Gas which you shouldn't take to the UK or Pepper Spray.

If you can't get them there try the stalls around Silom/Patpong.

• Like 2

Very funny, the streets of Glasgow are not like the streets of Bangkok or Pattaya where sober people can walk the streets in 99.9% safety. I do not care what UK law says, my own personal safety is far more important than any laws.

• Like 1

Try opposite the Landmark Hotel between Soi 5 and 7 lots of stalls selling this gear. Two types available CS Gas which you shouldn't take to the UK or Pepper Spray.

If you can't get them there try the stalls around Silom/Patpong.

Thanks, I'll just go for the pepper spray then.