PM Yingluck's fate to be decided today

If this is a football match, PDRC lost 2-1. Won on getting Yingluck out. Lost on court no mandate to appoint PM and cabinet stay till next election and new cabinet. Good triumph over evil.

Actually.... some cabinet ministers have to go too.

Then next week the NACVC will also decide, and there are cabinet ministers involved in that case also... Not just YL. If they find corruption was in fact present they can indict them on the spot, and they will be immediately suspended.

I wouldn't try to spin the situation just yet.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

55.6 baht to the British pound now... thumbsup.gif

Where? xe.com shows

1.00 GBP = 54.9836 THB British Pound Thai Baht 1 GBP = 54.9836 THB 1 THB = 0.0181872 GBP

Convert again THBGBP.pngView Chart Mid-market rates: 2014-05-07 07:03 UTC

You are correct, it's dropped since i checked before i posted, it fluctuates all the time anyway but 10 mins ago was showing 55.6, then 55.2 and back to 54.97 now.. sad.png

Get your transfers ready, but wait until there's blood on the streets first.

...the govt stays in place, so at least that part makes good sense. A huge defeat for Suthep

The remainder of the cabinet stays in place till a new election or till they also get ousted.

BTW a huge defeat for Suthep? What about Ms. Yingluck c.s. who are the topic of this thread?

Edited by rubl

Actually, I am dreading the thought of what's coming to the streets of Thailand after the ruling. This won't be an easy transition for Thailand, lets hope it does not decent in to chaos

That notion gets a lot of mileage on this forum, but previous TRT and PPP administrations went home without much actual trouble, just verbal. I don't think this would be radically different.

...the govt stays in place, so at least that part makes good sense. A huge defeat for Suthep

The remainder of the cabinet stays in places till a new election or till they also get ousted.

BTW a huge defeat for Suthep? What about Ms. Yingluck c.s. who are the topic of this thread?

TR @jin_nation: Chalerm, Surapong, Kittirat, Anudit, Santi, Plodprasop, Pracha, Siriwat, Yutthasak are following YL out the door.

If this is a football match, PDRC lost 2-1. Won on getting Yingluck out. Lost on court no mandate to appoint PM and cabinet stay till next election and new cabinet. Good triumph over evil.

Actually.... some cabinet ministers have to go too.

Then next week the NACVC will also decide, and there are cabinet ministers involved in that case also... Not just YL. If they find corruption was in fact present they can indict them on the spot, and they will be immediately suspended.

I wouldn't try to spin the situation just yet.

Just told the Thai wife that you think that PTP won over the Thai people

She still has not stopped laughing

TVR not allow me to print the (Thai Translation words) she told me to tell you

Highly charged reporting on the BBC such as " YL fighting for political future ", " chaos ", " violence from her supporters " and Jonathan Head talking about the CC's hostility towards the Shins and their party, of a judicial coup and so on but discreetly ignoring all the intimidation from the reds, CAPO and cabinet ministers.

Will the court find according to points of law only or be mindful of the intimidation and potential consequences and acquit with some suitable words of disapproval ?

The Thais getting things done brings ' organising a piss up in a brewery ' to mind

I've had enough of Jonathan Head. Everyone is entitled to an opinion but if you are representing a news service (BBC) that claims to be independent and unbiased then Head's type of reporting has no place in responsible journalism and certainly no place at the BBC. I would urge everyone who is sick of Head's biased and unbalanced reporting to lay a complaint with the BBC. Easily done. Just Google BBC complaints and the form takes just a few minutes to fill.

I like him he tells it like it is.

Then if you think that he reports 'as it is' you know nothing about journalism or the dubious way in which Thaksin funds his propaganda. I have read so much nonsense from Head that you'd have to be wearing blinkers full time to not notice the gaps between what should be news reporting on the one hand and expressing a personal opinion on the other. His drivel is precisely that. As an ex-journalist I would have been ashamed to have been his colleague. Like him you may, that's up to you. But I guess these people can dupe simple thinkers very easily.

• Like 2

Nah, he'll twist it around to make it look like HE is the one who personally achieved this court ruling and declare it a "victory".

From the PDRC point of view it is certainly a victory. Although, maybe not that elusive "Final" victory, they been going on about.

With regard to taking credit for this - I'm not sure that without months of protests, the EX-CTPM would have found herself in court, not that the court would hand the same judgement.

Seeing any of the sides to this as "Good" is hilarious, thanks for lifting our spirits in such serious times.

Back to the match, seems like the referee just took most of the cabinet off the field...

Of course it is, see all those smiles from the PTP. Oh, wait....

Maybe just maybe, those that are left in the govenrnent will now see they were not born to rule, and decide to clean up their act

seeds brom a bad barrel of apples can make a quality orchard if they are planted correctly

Not leaving the government seems to a good thing at this stage

the red shirts can not say there Government was kicked out off office, just the guilty ones

The lawyers can make bonuses by making 100's of appeals

and who every takes over may just try to fix the mistakes that Yingluck made

Where? xe.com shows

1.00 GBP = 54.9836 THB British Pound Thai Baht 1 GBP = 54.9836 THB 1 THB = 0.0181872 GBP

You are correct, it's dropped since i checked before i posted, it fluctuates all the time anyway but 10 mins ago was showing 55.6, then 55.2 and back to 54.97 now.. sad.png

Yes, you're right. I can see 55.6 at 06:40 then this now. This looks mostly like GBP opening strongly today.

Nine Cabinet members removed along with Yingluck

BANGKOK: -- The Constitutional Court ruled Wednesday that nine members of the first Yingluck Cabinet that approved the transfer of National Security Council chief Thawil Pliensri were removed from office along with caretaker PM Yingluck Shinawatra.

The nine are Deputy Prime Minister Pracha Promnog, Labour Minister Chalerm Yoobamrung, Deputy Prime Minister Plodprasop Suraswadi, Deputy Prime Minister and Finance Minister Kittiratt Na-Ranong, Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Surapong Tovichakchaikul, PM's Office Minister Santi Promphat, Information and Communication Technology Minister Anudith Nakornthap, Deputy Defence Minister Gen Yuthasak Sasiprapha and Deputy Commerce Minister Siriwat Kachornprasart.

xnationlogo.jpg.pagespeed.ic.BfgaY1OWGm.
-- The Nation 2014-05-07

Not defending anyone here, but even to an outsider it would be easy to say the courts are one-sided and biased. There are cases against PAD-Dems and their ilk that have been "pending" for months, and in some cases, years, with no action on them. Yet, anything connected to the Government, Thaksin or Red Shirts seems to be acted on immediately, usually with guilty verdicts.

I don't have a problem if the courts find Yingluck guilty and remove her, but for the sake of real justice, the courts might just TRY, for once, to be as quick to resolve cases and judgments against those who don;'t agree with PTP.

No evidence , or circumstantial at best ( Dems ) verses masses of evidence ( PT detritus )

No immediate threat ( Dems ) verses dragging the country over the edge into the abyss ( PT detritus )

Apples and oranges, not a good comparison.

Yingt Yingy Yingy Out ! Out !! OUT !!! clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

and who every takes over may just try to fix the mistakes that Yingluck made

They'd be crazy to do that, the only way to fix the mess the PTP made would lead Thailand into a recession. The new party would be blamed for the recession, the red shirts would protest and the next leader would get credit for the eventual recovery.

If the next government has any sense they'd keep borrowing and push the problems into the next administration.

Where? xe.com shows

Yes, you're right. I can see 55.6 at 06:40 then this now. This looks mostly like GBP opening strongly today.

I thought i was going mad... just looked through the XE charts and it's was showing 55.6, but dropped again, hopefully to pick up again soon... I doubt it will never be back to the happy days of 75-80 to the pound.. but i think it's the least of the worries right now, will sit back and see what happens.

..however the court's decision will affect individual's , the govt will stay in place. Suthep's lunatic plan goes nowhere. It is the status quo. The govt will continue until the election.

The remainder of the cabinet stays in places till a new election or till they also get ousted.

TR @jin_nation: Chalerm, Surapong, Kittirat, Anudit, Santi, Plodprasop, Pracha, Siriwat, Yutthasak are following YL out the door.

Noooo....not Plodprasop. I REALLY look forward to his announcements in times of strife. He hasn't even had an opportunity to offer us all a new method of averting earthquakes using sheep's bladders!

Edited by draftvader
  • Like 1

I must admit in a small way I will be sorry to see the drunken sot Chalerm be booted out, he has provided a few good laughs lately. Still, relief he can't be made acting PM. Glad to see ET lookalike Surapong is out too ! So neither of those threats will come to pass. Let's see what else PT have got up their sleeves. Is there another Shin family member they can try and force into the seat of power now ? Maybe YAOWAPA _ HELL NOOOOOO !!!

..however the court's decision will affect individual's , the govt will stay in place. Suthep's lunatic plan goes nowhere. It is the status quo. The govt will continue until the election.

Actually the court's decision affect the caretaker PM and nine caretaker ministers and dept. ministers. To the effect of making them private individuals again.

So, part of the government stays in it's caretaking role for now. Other cases still waiting.

BTW sore grapes? difficulties to admit the government lost and therefor concentrating on Suthep didn't win?

Personally I'd say 'poor Thailand', a few more months of this. Of course it's a real loss that we will no longer have caretaker MoFA explaining to foreign envoys and diplomats how they should see things. Pity reallyrolleyes.gif

Edited by rubl
  • Like 1

Yingluck should be happy to leave politics in this way and be back to her family and business lives. Can always said that she fought right to the end and the court was bias. A lot of face saving. Doubt she will return to politics. Really not her cup of tea.

For those who are glad to see the back of the other cabinet ministers. Don't celebrate too fast. They are not banned and can still be eligible as cabinet ministers in next government. Ya, PT will win again.

Suterp with his tail behind his legs will probably rejoin politics and tell his faithfuls that he is doing for them. LOL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7i1sSlwteMhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7i1sSlwteM This is a few weeks old and poorly made, but these people are at least speaking the truth. I hope more English speakers who have been overly exposed to the poor and biased news reporting might see this and understand the situation a bit better....

Edited by tingtongteesood

Yingluck should be happy to leave politics in this way and be back to her family and business lives. Can always said that she fought right to the end and the court was bias. A lot of face saving. Doubt she will return to politics. Really not her cup of tea.

For those who are glad to see the back of the other cabinet ministers. Don't celebrate too fast. They are not banned and can still be eligible as cabinet ministers in next government. Ya, PT will win again.

Suterp with his tail behind his legs will probably rejoin politics and tell his faithfuls that he is doing for them. LOL.

You forgot to mention that today was also a rainy day and surely that gave Ms. Yingluck an unexpected disadvantage.

Ms. Yingluck should be happy to leave politics as booted out PM? She can always say a lot, true. Mind you being booted out needs a lot of face saving to be forgotten, but don't worry, I don't think she's the type to jump of a highrise.

Yeah yeah,you aren't scaring anybody. PT have had their day, they will not win again. Thaksin will try and rebrand them, but once it is known who are under Thaksin's thumb, they will lose.

Yes, the financial and management acumen she displayed as PM should come in handy when she returns to her "business life".

Judicial coup 3-2-1

0. Justice a judicial coup has been served.

corrected.

Moonao, can't you remove your thaksin-coloured darkened glasses for one day, while we enjoy this great moment? wink.png

Judicial coup 3-2-1

0. Justice a judicial coup has been served.

corrected.

Moonao, can't you remove your thaksin-coloured darkened glasses for one day, while we enjoy this great moment?

ok ok enjoy your little yellow judicial coup.... while it lasts.....

until next election MWAHAHAHAHA

Moonao, can't you remove your thaksin-coloured darkened glasses for one day, while we enjoy this great moment?

ok ok enjoy your little yellow judicial coup.... while it lasts.....

until next election MWAHAHAHAHA

ooohhhh diddums do it to you Moonie. there may be a cabinet post waiting for you for all the pro propaganda you have been spewing out.