PM Yingluck removed from office

webfact

How much did the Thai aristocrats paid Thailand's Constitutional Court. Or maybe they are in the gang of aristocrats. Shit will happen now. May Buddha be with all Thais.

I thought taxi handed out the brown paper bags.

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

they are acting as though the constitution wasnt a military coup imposed illegal document

must be a temporary facade before the music starts

It still was ratified 'Yes or No' by the public.

They STILL had the no choice, and start again, they voted it in.

All the Thai constitutions have been imposed by some influencial body.

Not really. It was either "Yes" or we re-write it any way we want. Read your history dude.

The '97 Constitution, that which limited the power of the amart and made the rise of populist politicians like Thaksin possible, is called the People's Constitution, and in that case the "influential body" was the body politic, the ordinary citizens of Thailand.

well done the constitutional court good bye yingluck hello to the next feckless corupt puppet

So much cynicism!

Hope you're wrong, Thailand deserves a break from the feckless.

• Like 1

It really is not too hard to imagine what will come next. The red shirts will not accept this ruling and will exercise their democratic rights to protest. This was always going to be the end game. The people will rise up against this polical coup.

You are a minimum of 6-8 months behind the times. It all changed with the amnesty vote. That was the tipping point. The level of broad support for PTP that existed a year ago has shrivelled since the Anmnesty thing, and other sins were dragged into the light and brilliantly (pun intended) illuminated by Khun Suthep.

Yet the democrats still refuse to participate in elections...rolleyes.gif

• Like 2

my my theres some bitter old queens on here this afternoon .what did they really expect...and i thought yingluk was stupid ..oh well stupid is as stupid does i guess...get over it there will no-doubt be another drama around the corner for us to argue over..

Edited by winstonc
  • Like 1

Thai cabinet appoints new PM: minister

"The cabinet has agreed to appoint Niwattumrong Boonsongpaisan to act as caretaker prime minister," Phongthep Thepkanjana, a deputy prime minister said.

http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/people/person.asp?personId=7768156&ticker=INTUCH:TB&previousCapId=10563300&previousTitle=ITV%20PCL

Niwattumrong Boonsongpaisan served as the Chairman of the Executive Committee-Media and Advertising Business of Shin Corp. Public Co. Ltd. since 1995 and as Vice Chairman of Group Executive Committee since 2000. Mr. Boonsongpaisan served from 2001 to 2002 as Vice Chairman of the Executive Committee of ITV PLC and from 1993 to 1995 as President of Shinawatra Computer and Communicaitons PLC. Mr. Boonsongpaisan served as Director of ITV Plc since 2002.

Another 'Company Man', no surprise there.

• Like 1

RT@AP: BREAKING: Thai court orders most of Thai Cabinet out of office along with prime minister.

Seems that it is 9 in total - not sure that is most of them though as the PTP strategist suggests that 20 others still remain.

A small step forward but like Winston Churchill infamously said:

"It has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all the others that have been tried"

and

"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter"

so until voters wake up and see the greed, corruption and self-serving politicians for what they are electoral democracy will continue to be used as a tool to pillage the country and blind us into complacency.

• Like 1

Just more criminal court activities, Charlerm devides the country, commits massive criminal acts and nothing done. Yet Yingluck wasn't even the person whom removed the person but since she didn't stop it, she is removed. Yup seems legit.

The best part about all of this is, in the short time she has been PM she has managed to go to court and be removed.

Yet the mass murder Abisit hasn't and is still in a Government position. When wil lthe murder be put in jail? Oh wait that's right he is on the other side they don't go to court, jail or held responible for any of their actions.

Well at least when someone comes along and removes the justice system to revamp it all will understand.

Very sad day for Thailand

or he isn't a mass murderer and the case hasn't gone to court yet because the prosecutors don't have a case yet.

Or, the conspiracy-minded would say that Thaksin is keeping the case around as leverage.

• Like 1

STEP BACK FOR THE GOOD OF THE COUNTRY ! facepalm.gif

Show the people you REALLY care and step back now, instead of clinging onto power.

How many independent court decisions with clear verdicts does one need?

It is clear what happened, abuse of power, as proven time and time again.

Work out a plan with Abhisit, side-lining silly ol' Suthep and make a Business cabinet

of both sides of the divide. Put mainly business oriented people in, not so much

political. Let them make some just decisions to get the economy started again.

Find common ground. Both YL and Abhisit should NOT JOIN that cabinet. Can stay

on as party leaders and be useful in handing over information from the back benchers.

Let them, meanwhile, together with the senators and feed-back from the parties involved,

work on some electoral and constitutional changes. Get on with an election ASAP.

Sounds simple? DO IT!!!! clap2.gif

And, just what did Abhisit do for the country when he was in power? Not a damn thing good for the country. He just helped to line the pockets of his wealthy cronies. He is a sllickster but not a good person.

His government raised the compulsory education from P6 (11-12 years old) to M3 (15 years old) hence enabling more teenagers the chance of at least basic jobs by obtaining the M3 certificate (7/11, factory etc)

They also revised the 30b medical scheme making it free AND allowing changes from the persons registered abode to the area they work .. these were the ones that helped the main population .. BUT the village head system did not disseminate the information correctly to the people in Red shirt areas correctly .. no real surprise there!

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

This will only make the country even less governable, less confident and less interesting for foreign investors - there is only one way forward and that is through democratic elections and now!

It's impossible to have democratic elections without a democratic landscape, which is why they are moving on reform first.

So you are in fact telling us that all and every government previously elected were illegal !

no big deal, a pro-thaksin party will win ... for the millionth time in a row.... and with probably stronger support.....at the next election... as always

enjoy your little yellow judicial coup... while it lasts

MWAHAHAHAHA

Unfortunately the PTP appears to be completely incapable of running a government in a legal manner with Thaksin pulling the strings. I would say that was one hand clapping dear chap.

most Thai people and virtually all international observers think otherwise... but like i said... enjoy your moment... while it lasts smile.png

The law is not a popularity plaything even though you and Thaksin may wish it so.
  • Like 1

It is my understanding that barring the cabinet that was in place before midday, there were no other MPs left following the dissolution of the house.

That means that a new PM must be selected from the beheaded, dismembered and gelded remains.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I believe the same applies to the fascist CAPO clique

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Is anyone really surprised by this pre-determined decision? I doubt it. Now it's just a matter of who will be next in to lead the govt until the election

I think Abhisit would be a good choice, as it would enable him to oversee his reform proposal.

I am positive that Suthep will agree with you, as Abhisit does what his boss Suthep tells him to do.

• Like 1

Even though he too was/is a puppet, Abhisit was respectable enough, as much as Yingluck.

She was not a bad choice, my concern is and always was, the power behind Yingluck as being far more sinister.

Edited by BigA
  • Like 1

Jonathan Head is still spouting his usual lines "political motivated, yellow shirt elite" without any balanced reporting of the opposition, no word about reforms and why reforms are needed. Although the BBC did have

an opposition Deputy trying to explain their side. Would be interesting to see how the "democratic" red shirts react. This outcome was so predictable only the PTP did not (did not wont) see it.

Well, I see a good many of the posters are delighted that she is apparently out. The sad part of this is that the court's decision is purely a political one. There can be no doubt that this was farce of a judicial proceeding. A previous thread relating the testimony of the four individuals was comical. It is amazing that in most countries a proceeding of this type would probably require days if not weeks of proceedings with testimony from numerous witnesses and then deliberations taking weeks. But this Constitutional Court got it all done in short order. Must be the only government entity in Thailand with that kind of efficiency. This was a political ploy my a member of the Senate in opposition to Yingluck. Nothing more than an attempt to oust her by the opposition using whatever means available. That's why it took 3 years to bring the complaint.

It didn't take three years to bring the complaint; today's verdict was given by the Constitutional Court after spending weeks considering the testimony of the previous two trials.

I hope you can find a translation of the verdict and give it a read. It's very interesting.

According to Yahoo.com (USA)

"Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra was charged with abusing her authority by transferring a senior civil servant in 2011 to another position.

The court ruled that the transfer was carried out to benefit her politically powerful family and, therefore, violated the constitution —

an accusation she has denied."

But hey!. A Technicality and no fact of guilt.

Hmmmm, interesting

Oh and the REDs go marching on.... (Saturday)

my my theres some bitter old queens on here this afternoon .what did they really expect...and i thought yingluk was stupid ..oh well stupid is as stupid does i guess...get over it there will no-doubt be another drama around the corner for us to argue over..

You were right winstonc, Yingluck was stupid, and probably still is, but not near as stupid as some of the mentally challenged fruitcakes who haunt troll TV, madly waving their tattered little red banners.

The next drama around the corner will be when the evil ruler hiding in his hole somewhere outside of Thailand will order his orcs to rain fire on Bangkok. They will probably do a lot more damage this time around, being experiences arsonists, but will probably suffer a lot more casualties.

Edited by mikemac
  • Like 1

Suthep has just created more division and made it even more difficult for the party formerly known as the democrats to take power and hold it any time soon, and has given the red-shirts more fuel for their fire.

There was a divide before Suthep became involved. All he did was stand in front of a grassroots uprising.

And I predict more changes to come.

• Like 2