Thai protesters to 'appoint new government': spokesman

webfact

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And why the protesters new government would have any "legitimacy"?

Well, unlike the Pheu Thai the anti-government protesters tends to follow laws a bit more strictly. So we need to follow this from the OP:

"was not immediately clear what legal basis their vow draws on, but the Thai constitution has an article which may enable the appointment of a new executive body by the Senate"

Wonder what portfolio Pu Luang will get? Minister of Defense? Maybe the head of the National Security Council?

He will stay out of politics and not accept or even want a position.

well... Abhisit should take the 'Ministry for Poor Leadership and no Backbone' Suthep the 'Ministry for Megalomaniacs and Duck Ponds' and the fake monk 'Ministry for Pretending Nirvana'

replace with Yingluck, Chalerm and Surapong?

• Like 1

Wonder what portfolio Pu Luang will get? Minister of Defense? Maybe the head of the National Security Council?

I imagine that the money hungry monk will settle for no less than the Finance portfolio

• Like 1

Now, the protester have the power to appoint a government.. What a joke in Thailand.. Someone please tell the protestor that the only way to appoint a government is to go for election and not by their current status as protester to appoint a government.. Just call them to wake up and don't listen to their rally leader to much and start to learn some general knowledge on politic and government..

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 5.3 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I think that you will find that the PTP have NO authority as a disgraced party to pick the PM either.

They picked YL's successor in a rush setup before the constitution could be consulted, knowing the the stupid Thai constitution is missing many articles to make provisions for anything happening in today's political climate....

The actual and most organic procedure would be the senate, seeing as it is sitting at the moment.. The PDRC would clearly go through the senate to make the call for replacing the PM and empty cabinet positions.

The PTP have assumed the power even though there is NO parliament and they have only a dozen members in 'caretaker' roles.... they don't actually own the role of appointing a new PM... They are no longer in power. It is as simple as that... The CC should be telling them that they do not have power. They are NOT the government... again I stress this point. The government disappeared from the scene after parliament was dissolved. They are nothing more than a political party with a few members remaining in caretaker jobs.... nothing more than that.

As long as the PDRC demand that this appointment go via the senate.... they have it 100% correct.

• Like 1

this is absolute bullsh*t, they are juast as bad as rhe reds now thinking that they have the right to tell people what they are and are not allowed to do. They did what they set out to, remove yl and some of the ministers but now they need to let the country sort this out legally as do the reds. It is only the extremists on both sides that are going to cause problems, the leaders need to show some backbone and make sure that violence does not start up.

Why the surprise?

This has been their intention all along.

Get rid of the elected government and usurp power for themselves without consulting the people.

It's getting increasingly difficult for the Yellows on TVF to remain behind their veil of ignorance.

Again, funny how reality eventually intrudes into the lives of even the most deluded and ignorant of those amongst us!

And how long do you expect an unelected government to be tolerated by the Thai people and Internationally. They aren't the military, after all.

Unfortunately PT is owned by Thaksin. It is HIS party. If that were not the case, a lot of PT would drop them like a hot stone and form their own party. Perhaps that explains the rush for a new election - to stop them jumping ship. I'd fully support PT in absence of their dirty corrupt politicians. I'm sure they have lost a lot fo support, but still not enough for the Dems to win an election (never did much to help the poor, or at least it was not advertised). I'd predict the balance of power will be with minority parties.

first of all the CC clearly stated that the other 24 ministers in the caretaker cabnet can continue.. The new caretaker PM Boonsongpaisan is the new caretaker PM, it is done, deal with reality, there is no such 'provision in the constitution, this is another delusional fantasy created by the pad/pdrc which cannot accept reality.. your talking about section 7:

Section 7. Whenever no provision under this Constitution is applicable to any case, it shall be decided in accordance with the constitutional convention in the democratic regime of government with the King as Head of State.

THIS is what the dems think they can 'interpret' to mean that they can just keep sabotaging elections until they get their guy forced in..its not gonna happen because not only have the courts dismissed it, CAPO has insisted that they won't allow such legal manuverings to happen, and that the caretaker cabnet must continue until and election puts in a new PM

This is silly theatre on the part of the PDRC, but then so is what Pheu Thai has done. There is a provision in the constitution to nominate a prime minister through the Senate in lieu of a parliamentary quorum, but there is no provision for a prime minister to be nominated through a cabinet, let along a caretaker cabinet, let along a caretaker cabinet without a parliament, let along a caretaker cabinet without a parliament whose prime minister has just been thrown out for having committed an unconstitutional act, and let along a caretaker cabinet without a parliament whose own membership has been decimated by nine of their own members having been thrown out for having committed an unconstitutional act. So for those who are interested in silliness, you can start with that.

• Like 1

this is absolute bullsh*t, they are juast as bad as rhe reds now thinking that they have the right to tell people what they are and are not allowed to do. They did what they set out to, remove yl and some of the ministers but now they need to let the country sort this out legally as do the reds. It is only the extremists on both sides that are going to cause problems, the leaders need to show some backbone and make sure that violence does not start up.

Why the surprise?

Get rid of the elected government and usurp power for themselves without consulting the people.

It's getting increasingly difficult for the Yellows on TVF to remain behind their veil of ignorance.

Again, funny how reality eventually intrudes into the lives of even the most deluded and ignorant of those amongst us!

And how long do you expect an unelected government to be tolerated by the Thai people and Internationally. They aren't the military, after all.

Unfortunately PT is owned by Thaksin. It is HIS party. If that were not the case, a lot of PT would drop them like a hot stone and form their own party. Perhaps that explains the rush for a new election - to stop them jumping ship. I'd fully support PT in absence of their dirty corrupt politicians. I'm sure they have lost a lot fo support, but still not enough for the Dems to win an election (never did much to help the poor, or at least it was not advertised). I'd predict the balance of power will be with minority parties.

Maybe.

Maybe not.

Suthep may very will have driven many more millions over into the Red camp.

Perhaps the Thai people will hand an overwhelming and uncontestable majority to the Reds as a way to finally bring this stalemate to a decisive end.

Remember Thaksins' popularity peaked at 375 out of 500 seats (2005) - who's to say it won't return to these astronomical levels?27

Only an election will reveal all.

The sooner one is held the better.

Edited by Torkmada
  • Like 1

I imagine that the money hungry monk will settle for no less than the Finance portfolio

To project your own desires unto the imagined actions of others. Plus a bit of unfounded assumptions.

Do you like playing the resident fool?

Meanwhile in Thailand....

The sad thing is, they probably think that they have the power and right to do so.

Why sad? Whoever they choose will be better than the Shinawatras.

Why the surprise?

Maybe.

Maybe not.

Suthep may very will have driven many more millions over into the Red camp.

Perhaps the Thai people will hand an overwhelming and uncontestable majority to the Reds as a way to finally bring this stalemate to a decisive end.

Remember Thaksins' popularity peaked at 375 out of 500 seats (2005) - who's to say it won't return to these astronomical levels?27

Only an election will reveal all.

The sooner one is held the better.

May be yes, may be no, but one thing is certain. Without reforms first a new election can only be a repeat of the previous one with a ignorant population voting in a party which prompty ignores them and starts raping the country as if it's theirs. Plus the odd blanket amnesty bill to cover any 'possible' misdoings to be sure.

Meanwhile in Thailand....

The sad thing is, they probably think that they have the power and right to do so.

Why sad? Whoever they choose will be better than the Shinawatras.

Better for who? The voting masses who just won't vote in the 'right' people d@mn them, or the elite who can't be voted in democratically as they are not wanted by the majority of the population?

• Like 1

It's high time for Suthep to pick up his ball and go home.

It's also high time for Abhisit to put forward a reform manifesto and take part in elections.

Yes Suthep has done a magnificent job. The no compromise line is no longer needed. It was needed to get us to the point where the unwilling would bend to it. It is now time for Abhist to step in or any one else with a sensible plan for the betterment of Thailand. It would have to include curbing nepotism and bribery. So that will leave the PTP out.

Not saying disband them but get them out of power so they can watch and see how a real government of the people and for the people works. this of course will require an election but to have a real election there will be some changes that need to made and an explanation of what an election means to many people. So many of them think it is about just them and no one else.

It is about all of Thailand including the deep south.

To project your own desires unto the imagined actions of others. Plus a bit of unfounded assumptions.

Do you like playing the resident fool?

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/436666592387018752

And why the protesters new government would have any "legitimacy"?

Are you asking a question?

And why WOULD the protesters new government would have any "legitimacy"?

Because if you are, the answer is clearly not.

Their government would have as much legitimacy as one proposed by you or I.

But I guess it gets boring out there in the park so they need to play some sort of games to help pass the time.

"And why WOULD the protesters new government would have any "legitimacy"?"

Makes less sense now that you've "corrected" it, Professor.

Hey, I want to set up a new government too.

Yea I set one up but the missus ousted me in a coup.

Ya should have barricaded yourself in with sharpened bamboos, armed, with petrol cans at the ready. And told her, her mother was beautiful.cheesy.gif

Gen Prayuth was very vocal on the call for Lanna State but silence on this illegal government.

The 'Lanna State' would separate Thailand into smaller pieces. As General Prayuth cannot sit still when people hold rallies for that (and even have government members present).

The government which the PDRC may propose would need approval of the Senate. Also there is no separatist talk. So why would the general speak out now?

It's like the Pheu Thai spokesman tactic. I accuse and challenge you to prove my accusation is wrong.

Gen Prayuth was very vocal on the call for Lanna State but silence on this illegal government.

The 'Lanna State' would separate Thailand into smaller pieces. As General Prayuth cannot sit still when people hold rallies for that (and even have government members present).

The government which the PDRC may propose would need approval of the Senate. Also there is no separatist talk. So why would the general speak out now?

It's like the Pheu Thai spokesman tactic. I accuse and challenge you to prove my accusation is wrong.

Yellow logic. Both are illegal declaration and should be equally condemned by the army chief.