Thailand to become ASEAN food hub

webfact

Expertise in Thailand ???

Yes in storage of millions ton rice, but not in selling the rice.

Look over the borders my friend and you see many companies in the world who does much better.

Who is the biggest food manufacturer in Thailand? I am sure it isn't a Thai company

Keep dreaming, because Thailand is on an another planet.

Asean is going to import cheap food into Thailand.

What are you prattling on about.

CP is gargantuan. Until recently Thailand was the centre of rice. Many Thai rice companies operate in neighbouring countries.

• Like 1

Oh, thai visa. Every single article is full of cynical thailand-bashing comments. It was fun in the beginning but bashing this article is a stretch. CP has serious skill at running it's various food businesses.

And here was me thinking it believe it is the 'culinary kitchen of the world' already. :(

I just thought it was the hub of the dirtiest kitchens

Here's country that has a recognized problem with formalin being used to dangerous health levels in some cases and generally seems an endemic situation within the produce industry, yet nothing clear is being done to regulate the use of formalin. And here's a country that decides that overpaying market value for rice, a perishable commodity, and stockpiling it for years is a good idea, but deems itself qualified to be the a food hub. Good Lord! Is there a contest going on in this country to see who can say the most absurd thing?

Yes NKK is quiet correct and there's more absurd things to come , it has been going on for some time.

Well Tat are due for an announcement soon,i think it would take a lot to knock them of their number 1 spot.

More technology, more machines, more pesticides, more herbicides, more GMOs... more health problems, more money for the pharmachemical industries.

Here's a simple technology they could start with: irrigation.

I used to live in an area of Thailand that has little food production given the land size - much of it is turned over to eucalyptus hybrids and cassava that go to mainly produce paper and biofuels. The reason is that all that land is not irrigated but relies on natural rainfall. The plants chosen are hardy to such variable conditions.

Growing food crops is a precarious business if you can't control the water supply.

Focus, Thailand is the 4th largest water consumer in the world. Somehow the idea that water is fast becoming the next big geopolitical issue has not yet reached these shores. Thailand needs to be more efficient in its use of water, and start collecting it on a large scale.

• Like 1

More technology, more machines, more pesticides, more herbicides, more GMOs... more health problems, more money for the pharmachemical industries.

Here's a simple technology they could start with: irrigation.

I used to live in an area of Thailand that has little food production given the land size - much of it is turned over to eucalyptus hybrids and cassava that go to mainly produce paper and biofuels. The reason is that all that land is not irrigated but relies on natural rainfall. The plants chosen are hardy to such variable conditions.

Growing food crops is a precarious business if you can't control the water supply.

Focus, Thailand is the 4th largest water consumer in the world. Somehow the idea that water is fast becoming the next big geopolitical issue has not yet reached these shores. Thailand needs to be more efficient in its use of water, and start collecting it on a large scale.

You likey fish scale or music scale we sell you both special price ,you hansum man first sale today ,hub lucky for you 555555

"...claiming the kingdom has only to improve its material production technology."

When you are on the bottom, there's nowhere else to go but up.

I thought Thailand was supposed to be the expert in subsistence farming Sufficiency Economy?

Surely we can't teach peasants to make money - they will get out of control, won't they?