Pheu Thai hits back at the National Audit Office

webfact

Pheu Thai hits back at the National Audit Office

5-8-2014-10-10-29-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The Pheu Thai party Thursday slammed the National Audit Office for demanding about 3,800 million baht in compensation to cover the expenditure for the aborted February 2 election.

Party spokesman Prompong Nopparit said that the National Audit Office had made an accusation against a wrong party. He explained that the government did not block or tried to sabotage the election but the real culprits were Suthep Thaugsuban, secretary-general of the People’s Democratic Reform Committee, and nine for Democrat MPs.

Prompong suggested the National Audit Office to sue Suthep and his gang to demand compensation for the failed election which costs the state 3.8 billion baht for preparations.

He said the National Audit Office should have sent its notice demanding compensation to the Election Commission instead of the government.

Prompong also urged the EC to quickly meet the government to discuss the next election within May 14 otherwise the election may not be held on July 20 as earlier agreed between the EC and the government.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/pheu-thai-hits-back-national-audit-office/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-05-09

Things are just not going right for Prompong. His tireless efforts over the years to rail against everything that moves have taken such a toll on this man. Pheu Thai's Mr. Threat will doubtless be the last to go. Long after Pheu Thai has left the stage, he'll still be holding press conferences, still railing against all who he has forgotten to rail against. He needs a sedative.

Like a Cheshire Cat.

It will be more of a stench than a smile though.

Am I recalling this incorrectly, or didn't the EC, those responsible running an election, advise Pheu Thai not to hold an election on that date?

And Pheu Thai decided to ignore this advice.

So would that not make them responsible for the outcome?

The Thai EC is the only EC in the world that actually never wants elections held.

The EC is an incestuously appointed by product of the 2007 coup constitution.

Somchai is a regular PDRC rally attender and anti-government Facebook poster.

How ridiculous that the head of an independent agency can be so publicly and overtly political.

Funny how Yingluck is held accountable for any rice scheme failures yet the EC is not held accountable for any election failures.

Surely the EC are the very definition of malfeasance, corruption and dereliction of duty.

The so called Election-Collection-Commission is just a another bunch of backstabbing cowards, sponsored, manipulated and bought by Thaksin,... 'nough said.

Amazing Thailand, Am I getting this correct, the EC runs the elections ,so the Audit office bills the PTP for a failed election, the EC has the say of when if and why when it comes down to the wire in this instance, the PTP are a caretaker government , about as much clout as a feather, although the bulls!!t coming from the PTP would not indicate this , at the end of the day regardless of what the PTP have to say or do, the EC are the people in charge of this little failure.bah.gif

If you had read previous posts you would see your wrong .. The EC suggested that if the election was to go ahead it would have problems .. they suggested changing the date and talking to the opposition .. PTP said <deleted>!

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Am I recalling this incorrectly, or didn't the EC, those responsible running an election, advise Pheu Thai not to hold an election on that date?

correct

The election should take place regardless of the outcome. You want Mr. Suthep's council to govern the country or an elected officials from the people's votes. It may seem a waste, but I feel it is necessary to maintain the democracy.

Edited by stickyrice2000

The election was not a waste of money at all, it was a very useful referendum on public opinion regarding state of the election process in Thailand presently, we needed those numbers to settle the argument.

I agree with that also - it would be a good indication of just how unpopular PTP were at the time and how many votes they think they got and didn't - a clear indication by the majority of Thai people that they actually didn't want an election but wanted reforms first

Very interesting developments - must have bee the Maths expert who prepared these figures - oh well what is a billion or two,

BANGKOK: -- The Pheu Thai party Thursday slammed the National Audit Office for demanding about 3,800 million baht in compensation to cover the expenditure for the aborted February 2 election.

Party spokesman Prompong Nopparit said that the National Audit Office had made an accusation against a wrong party. He explained that the government did not block or tried to sabotage the election but the real culprits were Suthep Thaugsuban, secretary-general of the People’s Democratic Reform Committee, and nine for Democrat MPs.

Prompong suggested the National Audit Office to sue Suthep and his gang to demand compensation for the failed election which costs the state 3.8 billion baht for preparations.

How many millions make a billion again??? must join this bank ASAP.

The Thai EC is the only EC in the world that actually never wants elections held.

How ridiculous that the head of an independent agency can be so publicly and overtly political.

Funny how Yingluck is held accountable for any rice scheme failures yet the EC is not held accountable for any election failures.

Surely the EC are the very definition of malfeasance, corruption and dereliction of duty.

Agree with you not only the EC but also NACC , senate, judges , the 2007 constitution all put in place by the people who control the country behind the scenes - democracy is not wanted in Thailand as some of them openly stated!

Democracy would mean accountability and that is the last thing the thieves who have been robbing the country for the last few hundred years want.

Alienating the majority of citizens will not play out well in the future Thailand is a ticking time bomb now if those behind the scenes are to far away from reality to see that they will be in for a very unpleasant surprise.

If you do not give a majority what they want - they will take it one day - it has always been like this throughout history only the apathy of Buddhism, intense brain washing and the culture of Sakdina has so far saved Thailand from it's revolution - not anymore!

The genie can not be put back in the bottle!

• Like 2

"There must some kinda way out of here, said the junkie to the thief. There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief....."

Jimi could have been talking about this entrenched gridlock, and the current players.

"There must some kinda way out of here, said the junkie to the thief. There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief....."

Jimi could have been talking about this entrenched gridlock, and the current players.

Actually that's a Dylan penned tune that Jimi covered.

• Like 1

Actually that's a Dylan penned tune that Jimi covered.

Actually, these lyrics from Dylan are much more appropriate:

They're selling postcards of the hanging, they're painting

the passports brown

The beauty parlor is filled with sailors, the circus is in

town

Here comes the blind commissioner, they've got him in a

trance

One hand is tied to the tight-rope walker, the other is in

his pants

And the riot squad they're restless, they need somewhere to

go

As Lady and I look out tonight, from Desolation Row

Cinderella, she seems so easy, "It takes one to know one,"

she smiles

And puts her hands in her back pockets Bette Davis style

And in comes Romeo, he's moaning. "You Belong to Me I

Believe"

And someone says, "You're in the wrong place, my friend, you

Better leave"

And the only sound that's left after the ambulances go

Is Cinderella sweeping up on Desolation Row

Now the moon is almost hidden, the stars are beginning to

hide

The fortune telling lady has even taken all her things

inside

All except for Cain and Abel and the hunchback of Notre Dame

Everybody is making love or else expecting rain

And the Good Samaritan, he's dressing, he's getting ready

for the show

He's going to the carnival tonight on Desolation Row

Now Ophelia, she's 'neath the window for her I feel so

afraid

On her twenty-second birthday she already is an old maid

To her, death is quite romantic she wears an iron vest

Her profession's her religion, her sin is her lifelessness

And though her eyes are fixed upon Noah's great rainbow

She spends her time peeking into Desolation Row

Einstein, disguised as Robin Hood with his memories in a

trunk

Passed this way an hour ago with his friend, a jealous monk

He looked so immaculately frightful as he bummed a cigarette

As he when off sniffing drainpipes and reciting the alphabet

Now you would not think to look at him, but he was famous

long ago

For playing the electric violin on Desolation Row

Dr. Filth, he keeps his world inside of a leather cup

But all his sexless patients, they're trying to blow it up

Now his nurse, some local loser, she's in charge of the

cyanide hole

And she also keeps the cards that read, "Have Mercy on His

Soul"

They all play on the penny whistles, you can hear them blow

If you lean your head out far enough from Desolation Row

Across the street they've nailed the curtains, they're

getting ready for the feast

The Phantom of the Opera a perfect image of a priest

They're spoon feeding Casanova to get him to feel more

assured

Then they'll kill him with self-confidence after poisoning

him with words

And the Phantom's shouting to skinny girls, "Get Outa Here

If You Don't Know

Casanova is just being punished for going to Desolation Row"

Now at midnight all the agents and the superhuman crew

Come out and round up everyone that knows more than they do

Then they bring them to the factory where the heart-attack

machine

Is strapped across their shoulders and then the kerosene

Is brought down from the castles by insurance men who go

Check to see that nobody is escaping to Desolation Row

Praise be to Nero's Neptune the Titanic sails at dawn

And everybody's shouting, "Which Side Are You On?"

And Ezra Pound and T.S. Eliot fighting in the captain's

tower

While calypso singers laugh at them and fishermen hold

flowers

Between the windows of the sea where lovely mermaids flow

And nobody has to think too much about Desolation row

Yes, I received your letter yesterday (About the time the

doorknob broke)

When you asked me how I was doing, was that some kind of

joke

All these people that you mention, yes, I know them, they're

quite lame

I had to rearrange their faces and give them all another

name

Right now, I can't read too good, don't send me no more

letters no

Not unless you mail them from Desolation Row

Wonderful so we can add the national audit office to the growing list of entities, persons, institutions that are against the PTP.

EC tell govt not to hold elections on 2 Feb because they will fail. PTP ignore them. Elections held and fail. Not the PTP fault.

IMF tell PTP to stop rice scheme otherwise it will fail. PTP ignore them. Rice scheme continues and fail. Not the PTP fault.

DEM's tell the PTP to stop amnesty otherwise it will fail. PTP ignore them. Amnesty continues and fails. Not the PTP fault.

Constitution tells the PTP to stop 2.2 trillion baht infrastructure loan. PTP ignore the constitution. Loan continues and fails. Not the PTP fault.

Democracy demands that water hearings be held and transparent. PTP ignore democracy. Water management continues and fails. Not the PTP fault.

My what a grand conspiracy this is.

"To er is human" is a famous saying that is to not be too harsh on someone that makes mistakes because human beings by nature make mistakes. It is accepted that they do. But we are to believe that the PTP have never ever made a mistake ergo the PTP ministers are not human. Mark my words I have some wonderful descriptions for them, but rest assured they are human and they do make mistakes. If could admit it then one could forgive. If one does not admit it then….well this is what happens and one then looks like a criminal.

Here is the list of people, entities and institutions that in fact believe the PTP to be human - National Audit Office AND the Thai Chamber of Commerce, Board of Trade, World bank, Moody's, UNHCR, Human Rights Watch, the Environmentalists, the corn farmer, rubber farmers, rice farmers, medical association, rural teachers, academics, Supa, global economists, IMF, private banks, GSB, the EC, AoT, the courts, military, bangkok middle class, business owner, state enterprise staff, Buddhist monks, civil servants, labor unions, Green Politics group, Thai Constitution Protection Association, Provincial Electricity Authority, the Thai press, NIDA poll and Bangkok Poll.

Edited by djjamie

A constitution that the majority wanted even though upwards of 90% in some places voted no for it in the north.

Time to respect the will of the majority. Even if you don't accept it.

If my parents told me not to cross the busy highway until it was free of traffic, but I ignored them and crossed the road anyway and got hit by a bus. Should I then blame the bus driver or take some responsibility and admit my parents were right. They knew what would happen, but I did it anyway.

Edited by djjamie

Which legally they could not do.

• Like 2

The election was not a waste of money at all, it was a very useful referendum on public opinion regarding state of the election process in Thailand presently, we needed those numbers to settle the argument.

and it prove democracy is alive and well, but for fascist saboteurs

Sent from my SM-N900T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app