Chalerm: CAPO will protect red shirts from attacks

webfact

CAPO will protect red shirts from attacks: Chalerm
Anapat Deechuay
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Pro-government red-shirt protesters gathering at Aksa Road west of Bangkok are to be protected until 10pm every night, Centre of Administration for Peace and Order (CAPO) director Chalerm Yoobamrung said yesterday.

The protection is needed because violence against them is likely, he said. "If they are attacked, a large number will rise up, and confrontation [with government opponents] will follow."

On the other hand, Chalerm said he believed that M79 grenade attacks on the People's Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC), which he described as a mob of thugs, would persist.

"The confrontation will not occur if red shirts are not harmed," he said. "The PDRC will now rely on violence, otherwise it will lose. It will never win."

Chalerm said he remained the CAPO director despite being ousted through a Constitutional Court ruling as the labour minister.

He repeated CAPO's plan to arrest all PDRC or other protest leaders using a combined force of police from various special-operations units, if the Criminal Court approved the arrest warrants for them on sedition charges sought yesterday by the Department of Special Investigation.

Grenade fired, monk away

Meanwhile, an M79 grenade last night was launched into a site on Chaeng Wattana Road occupied by anti-government protesters led by monk Phra Buddha Issara. It landed near a shelter he has routinely resided in, but the monk was away on a religious trip. The blast slightly wounded two PDRC guards.

A police Explosives Ordnance Disposal unit was allowed in to inspect the scene yesterday morning and revealed another M79 round had been shot into the protest site. It landed in a military barracks next door.

The monk had gone back to Wat Or Noi in Nakhon Pathom where he is the abbot. He will return today.

An ice deliveryman who was stabbed by PDRC guards on Sunday was unconscious but in a safe condition yesterday, Rajavithi Hospital director Dr Udom Chaovarindr said.

Thanakrit Pinwises, 29, was unable to speak and needed to remain in an intensive-care unit for another four or five days for further treatment for stab wounds to his lung and liver.

At around 11.30pm, Thanakrit drove his ice-delivery pickup past Channel 5, where the PDRC had a rally stage.

He hit a traffic cone left by the guards and got out of his vehicle to apologise.

The guards allegedly attacked and stabbed him. He was helped to the hospital after his pregnant girlfriend called for help.

Former deputy prime minister Surapong Tovichakchaikul called on the police and military to take seriously the matter of PDRC guards attacking people.

There were also reports of the guards forcing foreign tourists heading to Don Mueang International Airport off a bus, forcing them to walk.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-05-13

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And what about his job as Capo director? Any news from The Gazette?

How can anyone take this sod seriously? A disgrace for Thailand.

It's interesting to note that the Royal Gazette is published by the Cabinet Secretariat, a department in the Prime Minister's office.

Probably on holiday or fired already.

BTW are they the same who handle the paperwork for Royal Decrees ?

Chalerm is right with one thing in my view - if the red shirts are attacked then more confrontation will follow.

But contrary to what he says this of course is not what would help the protesters, quite the opposite.

Instigating more violence to the point where the army feels it has to step in may be the only way remaining for a faltering movement to try re-gain momentum and followers (at the very least ensure as few people as possible will join the opposition), leave all the fiscal mess to someone else for clean up and spin their narrative of a coup internationally; then try a new comeback under a new disguise party in a few years down the line.

Is Chalerm's comment a prediction of worse to come?

• Like 2

On the other hand, Chalerm said he believed that M79 grenade attacks on the People's Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC), which he described as a mob of thugs, would persist.

But only AFTER 10 pm whistling.gif

While i think Chalerm is an idiot he is always good for a laugh cheesy.gif

But only AFTER 10 pm whistling.gif

While i think Chalerm is an idiot he is always good for a laugh cheesy.gif

Chalerm said he remained the CAPO director despite being ousted through a Constitutional Court ruling as the labour minister

Says it all really ...no respect of Thai law and this idiot was a POLICE MAN

also good to know the red morons will have protection until 10pm....when most sneak attacks happen between 2-4 am....you really could not make this comedy up cheesy.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

Yeah, just like the PDRC has no respect for the law.

It is not a one-sided game my friend, but so many of you persist in seeing it that way.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I guess the PDRC will have to work nightshift

Since he has been dismissed everything he says or introduces is null n void , he's a nobody

Unfortunately that will never filter through to him drunk or sober and he will always have attack dog uses to certain people.

Scary

• Like 1

Charlerm is a f***ing moron, God knows why TS or anyone else puts up with him. Just when there may be an element of understanding on a situation, this prat comes wading in.

I presume there is a reason for this madness, but i sure as hell cannot see it.

It's called alcohol fortification!!

He's protecting his party voters.

The protection is needed because violence against them is likely, he said.

He's of course right about that. If I knew that was a rat nest on my property, I would also surely try to destroy them

Which particular nest would that be?

{let's remember though, people are involved not rats, seeking to destroy them is hardly good is it]

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 1

I honestly cannot believe the contents of that OP - if there was never a reason in the past to disband this group of lose cannons then that must surely be it - since the police and the DSI refuse to act against this muppet - then after that statement the army have every right to go in and take Charlerm away in a straight jacket and put him in a padded cell for his own good

He has completely lost it

• Like 2