Red-shirt leader faces complaint for refusing to pay locals bribes

Lite Beer

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not at all, I'll enlighten you again. This video was referring to the 500 baht allowance that Thais over 60 who do not have retirement benefits are entitled to. The pension fund was launched on April 9th 2009. Abhisit also added a populous programme of one-off 2000 Baht handouts.

It has been taken by people of less enquiring minds to refer to Thaksin talking about funding protesters or some other such BS.

Any other myth you'd like me to explain to you?

This is perhaps the worst case of clutching at straws I have ever seen. But I must say I am enjoying his anguish. clap2.gif

You're giving him too much credit Mikemac.

This is deliberate misinformation which, unfortunately, seems to happen too often to be forgiven. This thread does require BS for the reds to have any counter 'argument'.

If this is deliberate misinformation, he should be banned, again. whistling.gif

• Like 2

Rubbish! Both sides are paying for their renta-mobs and the daily rate seems to be around Bt.1,000 per day plus transport (Bus). A group of about 20 women from my wife's village were paid to attend Sutheps gatherings a few weeks ago. Got to BKK, received their attendance money, and were then refused the money for the fare home again. So for all those claiming this is a red-only activity.....sorry, you're wrong! They're as bad as each other.

Sorry, Khun Chris, your post just happened to be last in the queue with this opinion. Look, people, all you people who the reds or the yellows or both get paid to turn out. First of all, why not go along and check what the rallies are like? These aren't people putting in their time on the clock like some street sweeper or bank drone. But second, for pete's sake, doesn't anyone here have any Logic 101? You yellow haters and all-in haters, do you really think all or even most of these people got paid?

attachicon.gifreally1.jpg

You Thaksin-red haters and you all-in haters, do you REALLY BELIEVE these people got 1,000 baht or 100 baht or 10 baht? Really?

attachicon.gifreally2.jpg

Anyone who answered "yes", you're crazy. Really you are.

These groups red and yellow spend money on food, they pay workers, their guards are paid, they hire drivers on and on, it costs big money to organise and drive one of these rallies, quite big money. But the masses you see in those pictures are there because they want to be there.

Absolutely no proof of what you are saying.. while there is an abundance of proof that reds are paid. This again is a good example.

I haven't seen the reds donating money for the cause only get paid.. fine difference.

You can make it all you want in the red fantasy world, but there is no proof for your statements, but there is for mine.

• Like 2

how much did they have to bribe the police officer to accept the complain?

500 baht, but they did not cough up so the Police reported the ripped off reds to CAPO. More news as it comes in. biggrin.png

Rubbish! Both sides are paying for their renta-mobs and the daily rate seems to be around Bt.1,000 per day plus transport (Bus). A group of about 20 women from my wife's village were paid to attend Sutheps gatherings a few weeks ago. Got to BKK, received their attendance money, and were then refused the money for the fare home again. So for all those claiming this is a red-only activity.....sorry, you're wrong! They're as bad as each other.

Sorry, Khun Chris, your post just happened to be last in the queue with this opinion. Look, people, all you people who the reds or the yellows or both get paid to turn out. First of all, why not go along and check what the rallies are like? These aren't people putting in their time on the clock like some street sweeper or bank drone. But second, for pete's sake, doesn't anyone here have any Logic 101? You yellow haters and all-in haters, do you really think all or even most of these people got paid?

You Thaksin-red haters and you all-in haters, do you REALLY BELIEVE these people got 1,000 baht or 100 baht or 10 baht? Really?

These groups red and yellow spend money on food, they pay workers, their guards are paid, they hire drivers on and on, it costs big money to organise and drive one of these rallies, quite big money. But the masses you see in those pictures are there because they want to be there.

Your last sentence betrays why you have little knowledge of the protests. Yes, helpers and providers of food, speaker systems, stages, etc, get paid.

Not everyone attending gets paid - local supporters usually don't. But up country people are paid to attend the red shirt protests. There is plenty of video evidence of this. In 2010 their ID cards were confiscated so they couldn't leave when they wanted to.

BTW I suspect that you are not the real Wanda Sloan - the person who provided so much real information, some humorous, in the Database section of the Bangkok Post. Your posts here are far from the standard of the Database articles.

• Like 2

"Sixty locals of Sakaeo province filed a complaint against a red-shirt leader on Sunday after he refused to pay them the bribes they were promised."

Corrupt to the core and doesn't even honour it's corrupt payment promises. Pathetic.

and suhep's gang is not getting paid to be there? Come on, give me a break.

I suppose we await TV's rabid reds to come along and say they are fake reds shirts and they where planted by Suthep to undermine "democracy"

smile.png

Well... the odd thing about this story is that they were supposed to be going to Khon Kaen en route to Bangkok. Why? Sakeo is closer to Bangkok and it seems a total waste of money to have them go there first. Also, Sakeo isn't a particularly strong red province, so it's not surprising people there would need to be induced by financial payments. I know a lot of reds from Issan and the surrounds in BKK are also offered 2 - 300 baht. There are people that believe in the red shirts that refuse to believe this when I tell them (despite the fact that I have a close red shirt friend who told me this openly). Yet I've also heard from many sources about payments by the PDRC to locals around Bangkok - "sources" being friends who live in working class areas, know the people and would have no reason to lie. A friend that lives in Rangsit told me a vendor he chats with was promised a 1000 baht to go to the PDRC rally, which she did but never got, so she vowed not go to there again (she's actually more of a red shirt anyway, according to my friend, as she has one of those UDD stickers on her cart).

Also friends with businesses have told me some of their staff were approached by PDRC recruiters. A friend that hangs around the night markets in Yaowarat said they had sent people around there to recruit - 800 baht was the going rate he reckoned, but many only got 300. So there's too many people I know personally for this not to be true, especially considering this was said in private conversations. So if you're going to judge the UDD for this, you should also be judging the PDRC. Ask any honest working class Thai, particularly around working class areas in BKK, if they're not biased or being truthful, chances are they'll tell you they've been approached by both sides with financial inducements.

In fact, the BKK Post a while back even did a report on the Democrats paying people to attend an Abhisit rally. But no one here made much of that, because they're unable to view the Democrats as anything other than a clean party. It's obvious why. When you wish to view one party as having completely transgressed any bounds of decency or ethical standards - as totally corrupt & morally bankrupt - you need a 'clean' alternative to sustain this image in your mind's eye. Otherwise you might start to think that PT aren't particularly far removed from normal standards in Thai politics, and that the Democrats aren't that clean after all. Both of which are true.

Anyway, I've maintained that the vast majority of both the PDRC and red shirts do believe what they come to support. If you don't think that, you only need to attend the rallies of either party and witness it for yourself. On the whole, these some would say these people believe too strongly. If they were both simply paid rabbles, it'd mean there was no serious conflict in society.

But personally I think conflict and belief are necessary in a real democracy. It's only autocrats who try to suppress conflict. The whole of Thai society for the past sixty or seventy years has been based around transcending or suppressing conflict and dissent. But occasionally it cannot be contained. And as society isn't used to managing such conflict, violence tends to ensue. We're witnessing one of those occasions now.

Your last sentence betrays why you have little knowledge of the protests. Yes, helpers and providers of food, speaker systems, stages, etc, get paid.

Not everyone attending gets paid - local supporters usually don't. But up country people are paid to attend the red shirt protests. There is plenty of video evidence of this. In 2010 their ID cards were confiscated so they couldn't leave when they wanted to.

BTW I suspect that you are not the real Wanda Sloan - the person who provided so much real information, some humorous, in the Database section of the Bangkok Post. Your posts here are far from the standard of the Database articles.

There isn't "plenty" of video evidence of red shirts being paid at all. There is a single video of people getting paid transport funds which is continually posted as though it proves something out of the ordinary. The red shirts have admitted to providing funds for transport. If this was so commonplace you'd actually expect a lot more videos and stories like this. And I've heard totally different stories about the ID cards from those that attended. However, I do know that many people receive a stipend for attending the red shirt rallies, but I've been told (by a red shirt friend) that it's generally more like 2 - 300 baht. I'm guessing in non-red shirt areas, local recruiters might offer more. In 2010, the motorcycle drivers and guards were paid a 1000 a day. However, it's wrong of you to claim that the same doesn't happen during PDRC protests. The middle class aren't paid, of course, neither are the middle class UDD supporters - a small group, especially in BKK, but there are some and many of those from North and NE tend to fall into the "middle income peasant" category - the very poorest don't tend to attend these rallies.

However, for the biggest rally the PDRC have recruited from working class BKK areas, as I said in my previous post. I don't think this discredits them at all, as I know this is totally normal and just something - as considered by many Thais, anyway - you have to do if you want a big rally. I also think the vast majority believe in their cause. Would you be surprised that some of the people being brought up from the South were being paid? I would actually be shocked if they weren't getting something. Of course, there will be many more middle class supporters from the South who've made their own arrangements to travel up and haven't been paid a cent. Same as many red shirts from the N/E. I'm talking specifically about the older, more working class, Southern constituency that is often at the heart of the action when a polling station needs to be blocked or the like? Do you suppose they've received nothing for their efforts?

• Like 1

fab 4 post # 28

you're so so right siamploee, some things never change. The same old people have brain fade whenever they see this video.

Did you forget to add the rider that this is from March 2010 and shows payoffs to pick-up drivers for fuel and food for taking red shirts to a rally?

As per usual you adhere to the gospel according to Saint Shinwatra and the Red Shirts.

Red is right,

No doubt as you claim to be English you have a picture of Saint Scargill above your bed too

Forgotten this one have you?

I wish I could forget that one. People keep posting it as some sort of evidence, when it's obvious he's referring to the Democrats 500 baht pension payment which was just recently introduced, not paying red shirts 500 baht. And I'm not even claiming *some* red shirts are not paid. lol.

• Like 1

Where else...can you make a complaint to the police...about NOT being paid a bribe...defies imagination...if not Thailand...would be unbelievable...truly laughable...

Edited by ggt

I suppose we await TV's rabid reds to come along and say they are fake reds shirts and they where planted by Suthep to undermine "democracy"

smile.png

No need. We have an unsubstantiated complaint. Have you considered that in the event an offer was made, someone higher up found out and said, no cost of transport subsidy is to be paid as it is unethical? It is rather odd that someone would file a complaint in respect to their own illegal behaviour.

fab 4 post # 28

you're so so right siamploee, some things never change. The same old people have brain fade whenever they see this video.

Did you forget to add the rider that this is from March 2010 and shows payoffs to pick-up drivers for fuel and food for taking red shirts to a rally?

As per usual you adhere to the gospel according to Saint Shinwatra and the Red Shirts.

Red is right,

No doubt as you claim to be English you have a picture of Saint Scargill above your bed too

Forgotten this one have you?

Not at all, I'll enlighten you again. This video was referring to the 500 baht allowance that Thais over 60 who do not have retirement benefits are entitled to. The pension fund was launched on April 9th 2009. Abhisit also added a populous programme of one-off 2000 Baht handouts.

It has been taken by people of less enquiring minds to refer to Thaksin talking about funding protesters or some other such BS.

Any other myth you'd like me to explain to you?

Please enlighten us further with some proof of your assertion that Thaksin was talking about a pension fund. Thanks!

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Google's out there. I've done my bit. If you want to believe that Thaksin talking on TV about returning democracy by giving the people back their (1997) constitution, that he was willing to work again at the age of 60 and telling the people they don't have to queue for their 500 baht is a reference to bribing people, OK.

Please enlighten us further with some proof of your assertion that Thaksin was talking about a pension fund. Thanks!

Google's out there. I've done my bit. If you want to believe that Thaksin talking on TV about returning democracy by giving the people back their (1997) constitution, that he was willing to work again at the age of 60 and telling the people they don't have to queue for their 500 baht is a reference to bribing people, OK.

Red denial is all that is left after all proof surfacing that they either hire Cambodians to make up numbers or like now get paid to protest.

Then on the other hand normal everyday ppl paying Suthep to finance the protests.

Guess who are really supporting the cause and who just turn op.. and quite possibly vote for money.

• Like 1

Some things never change.

You're so so right siamploee, some things never change. The same old people have brain fade whenever they see this video.

Did you forget about the guy who was outside Thaksins office protesting with a bullhorn? He claimed that he was to be paid 14,000 baht to bring several truckloads of reds to Bangkok. The press arrived in time to film a woman emerge from the office, tell the guy to go away or else he would be beaten. He refused to leave and a very tall man (my wife said he was a minor movie star) came out and beat the crap out of him. By the way, I used to give you credit for being the brightest of a fairly inarticulate group, the more you deny every news report that is vaguely anti PTP the more credibility you lose.

• Like 2

smile.png

No need. We have an unsubstantiated complaint. Have you considered that in the event an offer was made, someone higher up found out and said, no cost of transport subsidy is to be paid as it is unethical? It is rather odd that someone would file a complaint in respect to their own illegal behaviour.

What's illegal about getting paid to do a job (going to a political rally)

More proof, if it were needed, you get the government you were paid for deserve.

Are these people actually making the allegations redshirts or yellowshirts. A very specific point that needs to be proved 1st

More proof, if it were needed, you get the government you were paid for deserve.

Are these people actually making the allegations redshirts or yellowshirts. A very specific point that needs to be proved 1st

You tell us.. you're the police man!

• Like 1

Funny actually, the farmers haven't been paid, what makes these people think they would be paid. You'd think they'd want payment in advance, I'm sure they'll ask for it next time. I hope that these accusations aren't true, because if they are; maybe what the yellow shirts have been calling the red shirts isn't too far off. I mean you can't blame the red shirt leader, and obviously the police can't enforce something that is against the law. Certainly they have no proof, just silly actually. I hope it's a lesson learnt.

You tell us.. you're the police man!

saai.gif