Thailand Elite easy access 500k THB card

thanks for the info. i will be arriving in bkk in september for the first time with my elite card, i am travelling

with someone. when they met you at the gate it was no problem for your partner to join you through immigration?

rick

As I said, TE told me in advance that only holders were allowed to pass through the "special" immigration. But I figured (correctly) that they wouldn't make a fuss about it.

There was no one else passing through that area at all other than a few airline staff for the short while I was there so it wasn't really an inconvenience for them to let everyone through.

Actually they even put separate TE staff with my guys when passing through.

When my Thai partner and i fly in we always go through the "Thai" passport check in together, no problems, otherwise she would have to wait for me.

A very good and detailed thread - I did read most of the comments, albeit sped read them! It does seem a viable option for those that can drum up the initial outlay. If I understand correctly, anyone with the TE Status would also need a Work Permit on top of that if they carried out any sort of work ? I know that some forms of work are very visible, whilst others are not so, but my understanding is that even if you press a few keys on your keyboard ( every now and again ) - whether sending a business related email or gambling a few bucks on the Stock Market, the reality is that you still must have a Work Permit - correct? The TE Status does not negate these requirements and therefore, without being too "stereo typical, " ; TE Members that do not also have WPs....must either be very laid back individuals who enjoy doing sweet FA, or there are some TE status members who only tap their keyboards when no one is looking ??

The PE visa holders have said that to work, one has to also obtain a non-immigrant visa concurrently with the PE visa. Apparently one have two different visas at the same time...I didn't know this.

As for market trading (especially if one was retired and in a retirement extension), if it is for ones own account I don't think a WP is required. I could be wrong...and it would be hard to police I would imagine.

Thailand Elite is a program to enjoy Thailand in comfort.

It comes with a PE visa that makes the member's entry into the country as easy as it can.

The PE visa allows the member to stay in - and enjoy - the country for one year "per stamp".

If you want to work in Thailand you need a work permit and another type of visa.

Of course, some members may be interested in both: Work with a work permit, and at the same time enjoy the other benefits of the Thailand Elite membership, without using the PE visa.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 1

...providing you really will have extensions for X years...

Envoyé de mon iPad à l'aide de Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Yes, always the unknown factor. LOL

Been using Non "O" for 8 + years now never any problem although i cannot see the sense in the 90 day runs when it would be more advantageous to all if i could just go to immigration pay Bht 1000 and get a stamp.

Get the O-A ;)

A very good and detailed thread - I did read most of the comments, albeit sped read them! It does seem a viable option for those that can drum up the initial outlay. If I understand correctly, anyone with the TE Status would also need a Work Permit on top of that if they carried out any sort of work ? I know that some forms of work are very visible, whilst others are not so, but my understanding is that even if you press a few keys on your keyboard ( every now and again ) - whether sending a business related email or gambling a few bucks on the Stock Market, the reality is that you still must have a Work Permit - correct? The TE Status does not negate these requirements and therefore, without being too "stereo typical, " ; TE Members that do not also have WPs....must either be very laid back individuals who enjoy doing sweet FA, or there are some TE status members who only tap their keyboards when no one is looking ??

The PE visa holders have said that to work, one has to also obtain a non-immigrant visa concurrently with the PE visa. Apparently one have two different visas at the same time...I didn't know this.

As for market trading (especially if one was retired and in a retirement extension), if it is for ones own account I don't think a WP is required. I could be wrong...and it would be hard to police I would imagine.

Ok - but what does "PE" Visa actually mean.....I mean what is this an abbreviation of ?

It would seem a bit OTT to have both a TE Status and a WP wouldn't it - although I suspect you would strictly need a WP to earn an income in Thailand. It seems a small and peculiar window to me ; " less than 50 years old, 5 year Visa with TE Status and doing nothing but touristy type things." At the same time, if you had a WP I suspect you wouldn't need TE Status anyway - it would just be an additional cost that isn't necessary ?

Ok - but what does "PE" Visa actually mean.....I mean what is this an abbreviation of ?

It would seem a bit OTT to have both a TE Status and a WP wouldn't it - although I suspect you would strictly need a WP to earn an income in Thailand. It seems a small and peculiar window to me ; " less than 50 years old, 5 year Visa with TE Status and doing nothing but touristy type things." At the same time, if you had a WP I suspect you wouldn't need TE Status anyway - it would just be an additional cost that isn't necessary ?

An international company may want to offer a card as part of a package for its top executive(s).

It would also make a lot of sense for an executive of a large foreign company to be a member and take advantage of the special treatment at the airport.

The board member of a bank might like the speedy and charming service of Thailand Elite when he must travel abroad.

I guess such executives, even if their position requires a work permit, still want to enjoy the comfortable lifestyle they are used to.

But again, the card is mainly aimed at wealthy foreigners who want to enjoy Thailand, rather than people who work (or need to work)

On my side, I fit in the category that you find odd: "less than 50 years old, 5 year Visa with TE Status and doing nothing but touristy type things"...

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by gerry1011

An international company may want to offer a card as part of a package for its top executive(s).

It would also make a lot of sense for an executive of a large foreign company to be a member and take advantage of the special treatment at the airport.

The board member of a bank might like the speedy and charming service of Thailand Elite when he must travel abroad.

I guess such executives, even if their position requires a work permit, still want to enjoy the comfortable lifestyle they are used to.

But again, the card is mainly aimed at wealthy foreigners who want to enjoy Thailand, rather than people who work (or need to work)

On my side, I fit in the category that you find odd: "less than 50 years old, 5 year Visa with TE Status and doing nothing but touristy type things"...

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Ok thanks for the explanation. In theory, I suppose I do / could qualify for the category that I, myself, find quite odd, but I have taken up different Visa Options so far. That might change in the future though, especially now I am aware of the TE Option. I am not against the paying the money TBH. There is a cost to living anywhere, but the WP route is far more complicated than it needs to be IMO and I would rather look at the TE route and pass over the ropes of what I do to someone who can either do it legally and locally here, or find someone who can do it legally overseas. I changed direction quite a few years ago - realising that with a lap-top and an internet connection that I could have a different life style and cover my costs without having to answer to pr***s everyday. I think Thailand just needs to broaden the Visa Options in order to accommodate the changing times - this is not a rant BTW, just an observation. I think more people would gladly pay more money to stay in Thailand if there were Visa Options that were more modern.

I think I've said that a couple times. If one is not 50 or do not quality as an employed person or are studying in thailand or don't have relatives in thailand then this would be a way to legally stay in Thailand long-term. Of course, only a tiny portion of people would be able to plop down 500,000 for something as ephemeral as a visa for the right to reside in a country other than their own.

Everything is ephemeral in life. If you buy a new car you lost although in 5 Years half the value of the amount you bought it new.

The Visa is called ELITE. The word comes from latin "electus" and means per definition only a small, elected group. Nobody said this visa is for everybody or must be affordable for everybody. Anyway, i would also prefer a lite version of this visa for lets say 200 - 300K, but without any of the extra stuff like limousine service and so on. I think this price would be also still high enough to keep away all the bargain hunters but make it available to a bigger, but still elected group. I guess would be a win-win situation for Thailand and a slightly bigger group of semi-highroller foreigners.

This Elite Card might appeal to high net-worth individuals. But there are also many others who would love to live in Thailand and buy long-term Visas. These people would be happy to pay say 10,000 Baht or even 20,000 Baht for an annual unlimited re-entry Visa. Add health insurance and a requirement to show sufficient funds for the stay.

Lots of folks have been grundgingly doing Visa runs. Wasting whole days for 2 x 60 days. Now look at Cambodia's annual Visa for $ 2xx. And Malaysia's ease with which they offer extensions.

When it comes to ending abuses (by "tourists" who are working) Immigration needs to look at Thai employers, too.

Even government schools often ignore existing laws with impunity, causing stress and suffering. Many won't bother with a B-Visa or a WP. But who ever heard of a school's director being fined or jailed (abd deported!) over such crimes?!?

It's not at all realistic to think there should be a multiple visa/card for 10k that let you stay one year here. Why would anybody get a non immigrant O multi or a O-A visa with much more difficult requirements then ?

A good point. The yearly charge on any one year card would likely be more than the equivalent yearly charge on the 5 year membership otherwise hardly anyone would go for the 5 year membership.

I suspect that if they were ever to offer a yearly membership, something like 'Easy Access Lite' it could offer the same benefits as the 5 year Easy Access membership with regards to services but they would charge 120-150k Baht per year and issue a one year visa. This way they wouldn't need to change any of the protocols, rules and benefits, they could just start issuing the cards with visas. It would be an easy change to make for the Thailand Elite company.

This would be a good option, a lot of people won't want to commit to 5 years never mind 20 years in a country. This would largely depend on the age of the person.

Why would they offer something like a one year membership ? To entice new customers in of course. Once they've had one or two years of a one year card there's the very real possibility that they will renew with the 5 or 20 year cards in the future should they deicde to stay in Thailand longer than they first planned. I believe a lot of people who come to Thailand and end up staying long term don't initially plan it that way from the outset.

I suspect a one year option would be used by many (1000's) of twenty somethings / gap year 'kids', of course their parents will most likely pay to ensure they stay visa compliant on their trips. This would be an excellent way of getting the word out to those that can afford the more expensive options - by word of mouth and personal recommendation - the best possible advertising. I guess it all depends on how far ahead the TE company are thinking.

Some countries like Australia offer various different visas to those under 30 which the rest of us can't get due to our age. I don't think Thailand does anything like this. Perhaps immigration should consider options like this. Well I'm sure they have already considered it in the past but decided not to go down this route for one reason or another.

The Visa is called ELITE. The word comes from latin "electus" and means per definition only a small, elected group. Nobody said this visa is for everybody or must be affordable for everybody. Anyway, i would also prefer a lite version of this visa for lets say 200 - 300K, but without any of the extra stuff like limousine service and so on. I think this price would be also still high enough to keep away all the bargain hunters but make it available to a bigger, but still elected group. I guess would be a win-win situation for Thailand and a slightly bigger group of semi-highroller foreigners.

The visa itself is called PE (Privileged Entry) visa. Thailand Elite is the company that sells packages of which this visa is a part of. They've mixed it up as usual, even got the TE company logo on the visa itself.

Many would rather want to buy just the visa straight from the immigration without any added services.

" The visa privilege conditions, extension periods, and fees (THB 1,900) are subject to change by Royal Thai government policies and the Thai Immigration Bureau."

Interesting...copied from Thailand Elite Card website.

You really hate this card don't you, I mean really, really hate it. Why is that ?

If you don't want to use it then don't get it.

I know for sure you weren't burned in the past as every TE card issued even under the old scheme is still valid so what gives with all the hate ?

You should watch out just in case someone logs all your previous posts and reports you for slandering this powerful and very well connected Thai company.

I guess it's not hate it's pure envy. Many retired bargainers are envy about everyone below 50 who's able to stay so long in thailand. If the below 50s than even able to stay with so much visacomfort, thats too much for somebody.

• Like 2

In my case, I travel very often, so would likely use all 24 airport transfers (12 round trips, once per month). Since I normally use premium cars anyway, this alone would be worth around THB 144k (120 trips @1200/trip) -- maybe a bit less if discounts could be negotiated, so let's call it 125K or bt 25k/yr.

One Question about the Complimentary round-trip limousine.

Their stand:

- Complimentary round-trip limousine with 24 usages per calendar year

transferring from the airport to the residence or hotel (within Bangkok,

Chiang Mai, Phuket, and Samui) on international flights

What exacly does this mean?

1. You get a Complimentary round-trip limousine with driver and get picked up and brought back.

2. You get a Complimentary round-trip limousine for driving your own?

Second:

1. You get brought from your residence anywhere in Thailand to one of the above Airports

2. You get only brought to the Airport if your residence is in BKK; Phuket, Chiang Mai or Samui?

And last: The Complimentary round-trip limousine is only useable for Airport Transfer, not for normal travel inside the country, right?

Edited by AsienExpat

In my case, I travel very often, so would likely use all 24 airport transfers (12 round trips, once per month). Since I normally use premium cars anyway, this alone would be worth around THB 144k (120 trips @1200/trip) -- maybe a bit less if discounts could be negotiated, so let's call it 125K or bt 25k/yr.

Their stand:

1. You get a Complimentary round-trip limousine with driver and get picked up and brought back.

2. You get a Complimentary round-trip limousine for driving your own?

Second:

1. You get brought from your residence anywhere in Thailand to one of the above Airports

2. You get only brought to the Airport if your residence is in BKK; Phuket, Chiang Mai or Samui?

And last: The Complimentary round-trip limousine is only useable for Airport Transfer, not for normal travel inside the country, right?

One...I count at least 5 questions in your post! I will let the one or two PE visa holding members try to answer your questions.

Their stand:

They mail you a book after you've signed up and it has a page on this service. I scanned it in, here it is :

post-44895-0-11866100-1405960154_thumb.j

It's for trips to / from the airport only. Perhaps you could use the same limo company for your other travel needs around the country but that would be between you and the limo company.

Edited by ukrules
  • Like 1

Their stand:

They mail you a book after you've signed up and it has a page on this service. I scanned it in, here it is :

attachicon.giflimo.jpg

It's for trips to / from the airport only. Perhaps you could use the same limo company for your other travel needs around the country but that would be between you and the limo company.

Ok, thanks so far...but the letter makes it not really clear, as it gives the same information what i found on their website. Has anybody of the TE holders tried the Limousine Service? The Statements under "Limousine transfer areas" is confusing - i understand it like they only transfer you from the airport inside the areas around the airport. So if you resident in a city 200 - 300km away from the airport, they not transfer you?

Ok, thanks so far...but the letter makes it not really clear, as it gives the same information what i found on their website. Has anybody of the TE holders tried the Limousine Service? The Statements under "Limousine transfer areas" is confusing - i understand it like they only transfer you from the airport inside the areas around the airport. So if you resident in a city 200 - 300km away from the airport, they not transfer you?

You are correct - they won't transfer you for 100's of KM.

It clearly states that it's available for transfers to / from these areas only :

Bangkok and outskirts

Chiang Mai City

Phuket Island

Samui Island

You are correct - they won't transfer you for 100's of KM.

It clearly states that it's available for transfers to / from these areas only :

Bangkok and outskirts

Chiang Mai City

Phuket Island

Samui Island

Ok, so that means this Limousine service is only useful for people living in these four areas. I was counting already that each transfer could be easily also worth a few thousand baht if it would be lets say from Trad to Bangkok, but just inside these areas one Transfer seldom would exeed 500 Baht.

But anyway, the visa still looks interesting, even it looks like i cannot use the limo-service regarding i dont live in one of these areas. smile.png

I guess it's not hate it's pure envy. Many retired bargainers are envy about everyone below 50 who's able to stay so long in thailand. If the below 50s than even able to stay with so much visacomfort, thats too much for somebody.

So as a fairly well-off beneficiary of a retirement extension that costs me the vast sum of 1900B per year, and which I extend yearly with hardly any paperwork at all, I'm supposed to be envious of people who have to pay hundreds of times more to get their visa?

Right.

• Like 1

So as a fairly well-off beneficiary of a retirement extension that costs me the vast sum of 1900B per year, and which I extend yearly with hardly any paperwork at all, I'm supposed to be envious of people who have to pay hundreds of times more to get their visa?

Right.

No, this visa clearly isn't designed for you as you qualify under one of the retirement visas.

Maybe if they raise the 'money in the bank' requirement to a few million Baht some future retirees might go with this option, who knows. It probably still wouldn't affect existing retirees though as they would be 'grandfathered' in under the original requirements when they first qualified.

Im 46 2/3rds and considering the situation may apply. I just want to continue doing what I have been doing. A FIFO lifestyle working outside of Thailand exclusively. No time to stay longer than 2 or 3 weeks max. I'm busy working but have no hotel, no itinerary, no confirmed air bookings. Who travels with 10-20k cash THB?? I have a wallet full of cards for any forseable need.

Just flew back, 3rd time this year, same as always. No questions, no hassle, 30 day stamp and off we go. We shall see.

Sounds perfect for you, as you'd make full use of the VIP treatment at the airport & the 24 limo transfers.

I don't think the limo is available in CM. Cutting the queue at immigration would be helpful at times, but hardly worth the great expense. The security line at Swampy is worse.

Actually I think the limo is possible for muang chiang mai..

There are other ways to use the priority lane tho.

I mentioned this option in the other thread a few days ago, but nobody seemed to take notice.

I investigated this for a female friend if mine. I believe the 90 day reporting still needs to take place but this is carried out by the Thai elite people for you and that it is quick and easy BUT still costs 1900 baht every 90 days.

However, it also eliminates the need to leave Thailand every year (or every 15 months) to another country to obtain another Non Immigrant O visa, therefore potentially saving airfare and other associated costs, visas, hotels, car hire or whatever.

If you looked at the interest lost, then deducted what would be saved by not having to travel abroad for visas the. the 5 year 500,000 baht thing starts to look very attractive and much cheaper than 8k baht per month (probably half of that).

THE BIG CATCH, is will the system still be operating next week, next year, or in 5 years time? When the Thai elite visa service shut down before, it's members weren't automatically reimburse for the part used portion of their membership, to gain that they would need to take legal action against, Thai elite and can you imagine how smoothly that would have progressed.

Hello,

I am sorry but are you sure that we need to report and pay 1900 thb every 3 months ?

If not I think this card is worth, just to avoid the hassle to havr to talk to any immigration more than once a year.

Thanks.

I mentioned this option in the other thread a few days ago, but nobody seemed to take notice.

I investigated this for a female friend if mine. I believe the 90 day reporting still needs to take place but this is carried out by the Thai elite people for you and that it is quick and easy BUT still costs 1900 baht every 90 days.

However, it also eliminates the need to leave Thailand every year (or every 15 months) to another country to obtain another Non Immigrant O visa, therefore potentially saving airfare and other associated costs, visas, hotels, car hire or whatever.

If you looked at the interest lost, then deducted what would be saved by not having to travel abroad for visas the. the 5 year 500,000 baht thing starts to look very attractive and much cheaper than 8k baht per month (probably half of that).

THE BIG CATCH, is will the system still be operating next week, next year, or in 5 years time? When the Thai elite visa service shut down before, it's members weren't automatically reimburse for the part used portion of their membership, to gain that they would need to take legal action against, Thai elite and can you imagine how smoothly that would have progressed.

Hello,

I am sorry but are you sure that we need to report and pay 1900 thb every 3 months ?

If not I think this card is worth, just to avoid the hassle to havr to talk to any immigration more than once a year.

Thanks.

For all of the newly issued Thailand Elite cards including the cheaper Easy Access option it's 1 year stamps and 1 year extensions.

90 day reports which are completely different have to be done by every foreigner staying in Thailand for more than 90 days including TE visa holders and can be done by post via the Thailand Elite company if you're in Bangkok or you can do them at a local immigration office if you're based elsewhere. I heard they can also be done by post at provincial offices but I guess this will depend on the local office. Here in Hua Hin I'll just drive down to the local office once every three months and I'm sure it will take just a few minutes to complete as usual.

I believe any confusion around the 90 day vs 1 Year entrance stamps and extensions of stay appears to have arisen because when the original Thailand Elite membership first launched some 11 years ago the visa offered only 90 day stamps on arrival and continuous 90 day extensions.

Since it was relaunched the old 90 day stamp / extensions system has been replaced with 1 year stamps / extensions.

Thank you, so to make it clear.

I could stay 1 year without leaving the country

But I need to report by post every 90 days and pay 1900 baht

So I will never have to go anywhere to meet any immigration and tell him information about my life that I do not want to talk about with anyone ? (reason why I hate all the other visas or extensions, I am not their friend and don't talk to peple who are not my friends)

When having this card are we treated better and do they understand that we are not simple tourists or just passers-by ?

Thanks again.

Their stand:

attachicon.giflimo.jpg

You can't really expect them to give you 120 Limo transfers, if every transfer is 300 km !!!

• Like 2

Thank you, so to make it clear.

I could stay 1 year without leaving the country

But I need to report by post every 90 days and pay 1900 baht

So I will never have to go anywhere to meet any immigration and tell him information about my life that I do not want to talk about with anyone ? (reason why I hate all the other visas or extensions, I am not their friend and don't talk to peple who are not my friends)

When having this card are we treated better and do they understand that we are not simple tourists or just passers-by ?

Thanks again.

The 1 extentions dont have to be done if you leave the country. You get stamped in for one year if you fly out and back in again then get stamped in for a year. The extention costs 1900 bht not the 90 day report. The 5 year easy access is limited to 24 limos a year and the 20 year visa unlimited. All fast tracked thru imigration and limos are only to certain areas. Not matter what every trip you give 5 days notice of arrival on international flights and get met at the plane and fast tracked thru imigration and all taken care of by elite staff. Initailly before you apply and send a copy of your passport to them to get imigration approval (takes 3 days) then get a letter by email to say your have been cleared and all the rest is taken care by elite staff. Irs very easy and all staff very helpful all available 24 / 7 all year round. Hope that helps.

Sent from my GT-I8552B using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Genius. $16,000 to not answer "what do you in Thailand?" maybe once in 10 years.

That will really "make them understand" !

Genius. $16,000 to not answer "what do you in Thailand?" maybe once in 10 years.

That will really "make them understand" !

You disclose all you do including employment on the application form. This along with your passport is part of the immigration clearance. Dont think for one minute your will get clearance if your blacklisted. The easy part is the elite staff do all your dealing with immigration so it nothing you have to do face to face with them except when you have the visa put in your passport. Even then you are met there by an elite member.

Sent from my GT-I8552B using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app