Tourist visa "admitted until" What does that mean?

You need to be calm and get to an Immigration office on Monday. Without being dramatic if you are stopped or have any problem you are currently illegally in the country and will be locked up potentially.

1. Go to immigration and pay the 500 baht a day overstay fine and also pay 1900 baht for a 30 day extension of stay.

2. Before expiry of those 30 days, leave the country and re-enter to activate the 2nd 60 day visa.

3. Repeat again for the 3rd entry.

At the moment partying with your friends should be secondary to sorting out your visa issue.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's regrettable that the OP failed to make the effort necessary to understand how tourist visas work before getting and using one. OP's posts here suggest that she still lacks this understanding. My suggestions are 1) that she listen carefully to Ubonjoe's advice in resolving her problem and getting back on track again as he is the undisputed subject matter expert; 2) find someone to explain face-to-face how tourist visas work (offline, as explanations here don't seem to be quite succeeding).

@OP - it's not a "dodgy" thing, you're apparently just not getting it. For a first-timer, that's perhaps understandable. Those who have advised you to NOT work up an attitude over this are giving you VERY good advice! 'Surefire way to turn a small problem into a big one (and it won't contribute to your learning effort either). When you make it to immigration, you need to be polite, smiling, apologetic, and totally engaged in making good on the issue. This IS a mistake on your part, hut as long as you mind your manners, it's NOT a big deal, and you're NOT facing deportation, blacklisting, a trip to the IDC, or anything like that. Just get busy & fix it.

• Like 2

By the way, your visa IS valid for 6 months but only for 60 days (plus the extra 30 if you go to immigration and pay 1900 baht for the extension to each visa entry) at a time. Every 60 days you need to leave the country to activate the next 60 day visa entry.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Sorry you really have a bad attitude...you have your priorities all wrong as immigration visa issues should be at the top..

Show that attitude at immigration and you will be paying for the next flight out...immigration can do as they please

You seem not to take this issue seriously

And that is a big mistake on your part...

What is also a big mistake is anyone taking a leisurely attitude towards overstays as the OP is doing (and a couple of other posters). Thai immigration should be more harsh towards overstayers - when foreigners including Thais overstay their Australian visas by even one day, in most cases a 3-year exclusion period (blacklist) automatically applies, meaning no further re-entries, even on a multiple entry visa or any further visa applications will be declined until the end of the exclusion period in such cases. There is a procedure for waiving the exclusion period but in most cases it probably isn't worth going down that route as it would probably be too complicated and likely you'd be denied anyway (except for medical reasons and other legitimate purposes like flight cancellations, in which case the exclusion period probably wouldn't apply in the first place).

In the OP's case, if a 30-day extension had been applied for, she would have been able to get on with her trip and not worry about immigration until the end of the 30-day extension period.

The other option is to catch the train into Malaysia, maybe slower but cheaper.

OP is in Patong, Phuket.

Is that a problem?

I went from Hua Hin to Butterworth, that was about 1100 baht. Surely Phuket to Alor Star would be a lot less.

Long walk to the train station!!!

The other option is to catch the train into Malaysia, maybe slower but cheaper.

OP is in Patong, Phuket.

Is that a problem?
I went from Hua Hin to Butterworth, that was about 1100 baht. Surely Phuket to Alor Star would be a lot less.

The OP only needs to a border crossing to use the 2nd entry of her tourist visa. You can go to Ranong for that.
She does not need to go to Penang.

Apologies, did not realise that Alor Star had moved to Penang.

Phuket aint Hat Yai either.
  • Like 1

Seriously..........some people shouldn't be allowed out of their front door, let alone out of their home country.

What an attitude.....geeeee.

Follow the advice on here and keep calm or as someone else has said..........it will end badly for you.

Edited by Phatcharanan

I wonder if the OP will be respectful enough to come back here and update how she resolved the issue?

Many here freely gave of their time, effort and knowledge to offer good advice.

I bet she aint happy with the 10pm lockdown facepalm.gif

Edited by Lancashirelad
  • Like 1

I wonder if the OP will be respectful enough to come back here and update how she resolved the issue?

Many here freely gave of their time, effort and knowledge to offer good advice.

I bet she aint happy with the 10pm lockdown facepalm.gif

She will probably complain that no one personally told her about the curfew , like they didn't explain the admitted until on her visa stamp

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...