Serial sunscreen shoplifter snagged in sunny Phuket

Lite Beer

Serial sunscreen shoplifter snagged in sunny Phuket
Phuket Gazette - May 17, 2014 | 10:33 AM

1_2014517102146785_BDpapqRnysPZaVJEAlXIN

Ms Daoruang was caught with 20 bottles of sunscreen. Photo: Patong Police

PHUKET: A sunscreen shoplifter was arrested with over 20 bottles of the lotion by Phuket Police yesterday afternoon.

Daoruang Budda, 31, was identified by police from CCTV footage at a Family Mart convenience store in Patong.

“After we got the description out, one of our officers spotted her riding a motorbike in Patong. We followed and approached her at the Sainamyen Intersection. When we asked her to stop so we could search her bag, she fled,” Sutthichai Thianpho of the Patong Police told the Phuket Gazette.

Police quickly chased down Ms Daoruang and made the arrest, finding her in possession of 20 bottles of sunscreen.

“Ms Daoruang confessed that she had stolen sunscreen on more than 10 occasions. She said that she planned to resell the bottles to local market vendors, as she had done before," Lt Col Sutthichai said.

Ms Daoruang was charged with theft and using a vehicle to evade police.

Source: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Serial-sunscreen-shoplifter-snagged-sunny-Phuket/29465#ad-image-0

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2014-05-17

She wasn't going to slip away with those 7 undercover police on the job.

Thay slapped the cuffs on and she 'll be eating slop in the big house for a while.

It certainly took a lot of them to arrest one woman or did the majority just see a chance for a photo op?

• Like 1

She wasn't going to slip away with those 7 undercover police on the job.

Thay slapped the cuffs on and she 'll be eating slop in the big house for a while.

It certainly took a lot of them to arrest one woman or did the majority just see a chance for a photo op?

Exactly - seven undercover (but not any longer) to arrest a lady for the high crime of shop lifting. Meanwhile other major crimes go unattended.

Sigh....she is young, female and fairly good looking, could have found a regular job in no time. Signs in Thai all over the island plastered on businesses looking for staff.

"she is young, female and fairly good looking, could have found a regular job in no time" - we all know what sort of job is a "regular job" here.

Obviously, she prefered stealing to prostitution.

Sigh....she is young, female and fairly good looking, could have found a regular job in no time. Signs in Thai all over the island plastered on businesses looking for staff.

"she is young, female and fairly good looking, could have found a regular job in no time" - we all know what sort of job is a "regular job" here.

Don't put words in my mouth NKM as I don't agree with those statements at all.

If we're going to go all "Inspector Cluseau" here (does your dog bite....) I'd say she and the fam have a minimart and can turn a nice profit on the sunscreen as it's expensive. Theres 10-20,000thb sitting on that desk in lotion bottles.

• Like 1

we all know what sort of job is a "regular job" here.

You seriously need to broaden your Phuket experiences beyond Bangla road.

Not at all NKM. Are you aware how difficult it is to find staff here? Talk to any business owner that you know. I was thinking of positions like gas station attendant, sales girl in a shoe shop or whatever, waiting in a restaurant, hotel housekeeper, and so on.

Don't put words in my mouth NKM as I don't agree with those statements at all.

If we're going to go all "Inspector Cluseau" here (does your dog bite....) I'd say she and the fam have a minimart and can turn a nice profit on the sunscreen as it's expensive. Theres 10-20,000thb sitting on that desk in lotion bottles.

How can I put words in your mouth when I was replying to keestha's post? :)

we all know what sort of job is a "regular job" here.

You seriously need to broaden your Phuket experiences beyond Bangla road.

Oh, that's right, everyone's missus on this forum is a doctor, lawyer, manager etc - sorry, I forgot. :)

Not at all NKM. Are you aware how difficult it is to find staff here? Talk to any business owner that you know. I was thinking of positions like gas station attendant, sales girl in a shoe shop or whatever, waiting in a restaurant, hotel housekeeper, and so on.

All pay about 9000 baht a month, tops.

She could steal that in a couple of hours, or work in a bar and make that in a week, with a few customers.

Now you know why there are so many signs up in shops looking for staff. :)

Sigh....she is young, female and fairly good looking

May I suggest that it's time for you to arrange a trip to an optometrist?

True she wouldn't even make the Miss Bang Tao candidates pre selection, but in my eyes compares favorably at least to the dragon tattoo girl in the other thread.

Edited by keestha

The cop second from right has just received a phone call saying that someone has stolen a Snickers Bar from the 7-Eleven. Another job for Phuket's very own Magnificent Seven.

No. He's on the phone saying, "Sorry. We only recovered 5 bottles." :)

• Like 1