Identify this bug? Dogs are scared of it

seesip

The house longhorn beetle, I agree,

these are the ones that come from the giant white witchity grubs (i think) as i had dozens in my compost pile a few month ago.

notorious wood eaters, they are on my hit list, living in a tree house myself.

• Like 2

looks like one I saw on TV. If annoyed, it tips up its tail and squirts a foul mixture.

Yep, it's a skunkbug (Lat. Creepus Stinkus) and when it's drunk it's even more foul, especially in the mouth. Lots of those in Pattaya.

Edited by Yann55

Adult Stem Borer beetle.

Lay their eggs on the end og twigs, larvae bore into the twig and then eat their way inside of the plant stem. Best I can find out the pupal stage is spent insdie of the stem and then the adult cuts a larger hole and leaves the stem. Kills the stem/branch.

Only time an insecticide can get them is when the adult is outside.the plant.

• Like 1

For gods sake, don't kill it or half of the people on here, who are do gooders, will git upset. You are going unbalance the ecology of the area. Just move it to an open field somewhere.whistling.gif

No kill it and lets eat it ! Ted Nugent does it all the time !!!! I think that snake you killed,,, I ate the other morning with my Gapow !!! You sure that's meat I got ???? 555

For gods sake, don't kill it or half of the people on here, who are do gooders, will git upset. You are going unbalance the ecology of the area. Just move it to an open field somewhere.whistling.gif

Then stamp on it. w00t.gif

jb1

• Like 2