Increasing her social status by hooking up/marrying a farang?

ultimate weapon

you dont know a lot about Thailand or its culture do you, Most respectable Thai women would not be seen dead with a foreigner.

Despite the posts above, I'm inclined to agree with this post. Sure, there are notable exceptions but they're Few and far between.

Total rubbish in my opinion, from personal experience. Most farang I know both here and in the UK, over the past 25 years, are married to respectable Thai women. Suggest you widen your horizons before making unsubstantiated accusations.

• Like 1

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the OP is very drunk. I have no desire for racists comments on bar girls, no interest on the good and bad of bar girls. What i do know is that there is no way that she will gain anything, with an old, fat, singha vest wearer, other than a few pounds, that he has saved with his winter fuel allowance

Your reply is not entirely sensible, 50% of farangs in Thailand are not poor fat fellows, Thai girls married to those farangs get an updated life style, they own the house paid by the farang, don't have to work anymore, use an updated clothing fashion, are able to eat good meals (in and out) able to drive a car, and also help their families a bit financially.

Many, many Thai girls like wedding a farang for a better life style, not all of them are bar girls of course, many Thai girls go to an agency, or use the outlined computer websites.

you dont know a lot about Thailand or its culture do you, Most respectable Thai women would not be seen dead with a foreigner.

Then i know several High So Thai women that must be dead on legs. Several TV female personalities are also married to Farang.

Not to mention more than a couple of female members of the Royal Family.

Perhaps Thongkorn's information and research only extends as far as TV Forums.

I was just thinking that. A little bit of research would certainly open a few foreign eyes. With all due respect, Princess Ubolratana Rajakanya was married to Peter Ladd Jenson. They had three sons. Sadly, one son, Poom Jeson, died in the Tsunami in December 2004.

Edited by kennypowers

I think the OP is very drunk. I have no desire for racists comments on bar girls, no interest on the good and bad of bar girls. What i do know is that there is no way that she will gain anything, with an old, fat, singha vest wearer, other than a few pounds, that he has saved with his winter fuel allowance

Well, my Issan wife, educated, charming and hard worker gained something when we got married. I brought the money and she brought the talent and we have a great business. Of course she improved my quality of life too. After spending time off and on over the years, I have to say that without her I would not remain in Thailand. I would be back home (45 years) in the land of fruits and nuts. So we do not all sing the same song.

• Like 1

Despite the posts above, I'm inclined to agree with this post. Sure, there are notable exceptions but they're Few and far between.

Total rubbish in my opinion, from personal experience. Most farang I know both here and in the UK, over the past 25 years, are married to respectable Thai women. Suggest you widen your horizons before making unsubstantiated accusations.

Just go to Big C formerly Carre Four in Pattaya. Many old and ugly farts with former bargirls and a baby. (of course no girl any place else would marry them) There will be a little more money for the girl, but she also pays a high price for the "improved life" with an old and uneducated man

What do you mean obvious BG? How do you tell? From the face?

The way they speak, the way they dress, the way they behave.

It's really obvious to all but the foreigner they are with at the time.

I think what you may be relating on the airplanes is when they get their first crack at free booze

No, I don't agree at all, before I met my wife, I have had no problem dating Thai girls, one with University degrees, one market girl, one shop girl, and an office worker with OK success.

Then again, I am slim, no tattoos, no facial hair, don't wear shorts.

Then i know several High So Thai women that must be dead on legs. Several TV female personalities are also married to Farang.

I doubt you understand what Hi So is unless you are a millionaire or ambassador or something.

Avoiding the Hi-So argument I get the Ops point:

Example in Hand from a flight attendant: Ex bar worker with her Western boyfriend / husband on a flight back to which ever western country he comes from.

Its obvious that she's an Ex Bar worker*. I'm told of some pretty shocking behaviour, these girls suddenly become Diva's.... their sense of self importance inflated though their latest relationship - they've jumped social status and are now being served upon by those who would otherwise look down on them.

*these things are easy enough to tell for many Thai's and indeed many Westerners who've been here a while.

I've heard these examples from a handful of flight attendants - some of whom in the past I've dated, others who are married to friends.

There is a section of middle and upper class society who deplore the behaviour and attitudes of those who behave poorly when having 'risen' or leap frogged upwards....

-------

I've been out for dinner with my Wife at a decent restaurant, only to be seated at a table next to a guy and his BG. She is loud, obnoxious and when he asks her to quieten down her responses is "I don't give a F$%& who can hear me"... we were mildly entertained at his discomfort, he even apologised to those around him. But, ultimately we'd gone out for a nice quite romantic meal and it was destroyed by the actions of one girl who'd been taken out of her 'zone' and had no idea how to behave appropriately.

All my Farang friends are married to ex bargirls, we have all been at different places together, including restaurants, and none of them behave like that. There is always a rotten apple in a barrel, and that applies to girls of all groups including Hi So's.

• Like 1

Your reply is not entirely sensible, 50% of farangs in Thailand are not poor fat fellows, Thai girls married to those farangs get an updated life style, they own the house paid by the farang, don't have to work anymore, use an updated clothing fashion, are able to eat good meals (in and out) able to drive a car, and also help their families a bit financially.

Many, many Thai girls like wedding a farang for a better life style, not all of them are bar girls of course, many Thai girls go to an agency, or use the outlined computer websites.

Agree,i am, not old ,not fat,do not wear vests,have no tattos, there is by far to much steroetyping in this thread.

Strange! I have lived in Thailand for over 10 years and traveled around quite a lot. What I hear everywhere in Thailand from women is can you help me find a farang husband. I usually say that I can not help you, but why not find a good Thai man. The answer I always get is I do not want a Thai man again.

BGs don't rise in status outside of their small social group of other sex workers from her village. She may be able to drive a nice car and go to expensive restaurants and fly on planes, but to every Thai around her, she's still a sex worker from a poor farming community in Issan. The farang's status actually drops to her level. Let's be honest, the old farang with the BG is an embarrassment to most Thais and farangs.

When you see a big bellied ugly Farang with an attractive girl, why do you always have to assume she is a bargirl? The thing is, the big bellied Farang has made it obvious that he has a very thick wallet.

He wasn't talking about respectable Thai women now, was he?!

Just go to Big C formerly Carre Four in Pattaya. Many old and ugly farts with former bargirls and a baby. (of course no girl any place else would marry them) There will be a little more money for the girl, but she also pays a high price for the "improved life" with an old and uneducated man

Yes, you will see these old and ugly farts with an attractive girl, but it would be wrong to assume they are all bargirls. The only obvious thing is that the old and ugly farts have plenty of money, and are that stupid they think she loves them.

BGs don't rise in status outside of their small social group of other sex workers from her village. She may be able to drive a nice car and go to expensive restaurants and fly on planes, but to every Thai around her, she's still a sex worker from a poor farming community in Issan. The farang's status actually drops to her level. Let's be honest, the old farang with the BG is an embarrassment to most Thais and farangs.

When you see a big bellied ugly Farang with an attractive girl, why do you always have to assume she is a bargirl? The thing is, the big bellied Farang has made it obvious that he has a very thick wallet.

It's easy to spot a BG but here's a check list for you:

1. no class

2. big bellied ugly farang with her

1. no class

So every girl in the company of a big bellied ugly Farang is a bargirl????

Strange! I have lived in Thailand for over 10 years and traveled around quite a lot. What I hear everywhere in Thailand from women is can you help me find a farang husband. I usually say that I can not help you, but why not find a good Thai man. The answer I always get is I do not want a Thai man again.

I concur. Despite Thais being on the 'shy' side due to the perceived language barrier, there has been a fairly common request in in one way form or another over the last 20 years. More common if your current partner is seen as having 'found' you as prize, less so if she is seen as a 'proper' girl (whatever that means to the individual in case). Just a reality in a developing country. (Whatever your opinion now, at least it was when I arrived fairly poor.)

1. no class

So every girl in the company of a big bellied ugly Farang is a bargirl????

if she has no class, it's highly probable, isn't it?

It's mostly some thai girls usually poor most likely to be a bar girl. She hooks up with some farang and instantly she's like a celebrity. It's also on a racial basis because not only is she better than other thais she's also higher up compared to other asians like japanese for example.

Honestly speaking this is quite a common and misguided way some of them see it.

What the <deleted> are you on about?

Almost All Thais look down on thai girls (bar girl or not) who are with farang. Unless the farang in question is very rich / famous or very attractive (male model / athlete etc) Being shacked up with a westerner is considered a downgrade by most Thais whom are considered to be 'of note'. Thai/farang couples are looked upon as crass

And the Japanese? They look down on all thai people, rich / educated or not. They think thai's are a bunch of savages. And I've heard it from the horses mouth

Increasing her social status by hooking up/marrying a farang?

That upgrade happens only if said farang allows her to buy a huge dog, which then drags her around the moo ban twice daily.

Tell me more about this "huge dog" phenomenon! I own two of the [possibly] biggest 'monster' dogs (actually they are quite loveable and docile out in public) in Thailand. A breed I dreamed 25 years of owning. Never know/heard about this being in related to upward mobility in Thailand. Sounds like the comment is related to a personal experience? Just curious.

(I've heard these examples from a handful of flight attendants - some of whom in the past I've dated, others who are married to friends.)

:Thai Airways flight attendants? : I think yes. They are the most looking for faring to marry with. They are playing around and slut. That's why they were dating you and look down another normal Thai lady (bar girl or not whatever)

I think that is not soooooooo. Think I am correct in saying a VERY hi-so Thai lady "was" married to a farang...........coffee1.gif

I know a bar girl who hooked up with a Farang. She is now the queen of his restaurant bosses the staff around and to help with the Thai laws, he has now put it all into her name. Her status really did climb.

Makes me laugh on this forum when people casually drop that they hang out with "Upper Middle Class Thai's"

What because they work in a bank or an office they're upper middle class lol

If the Thais in question are related to royal and or high ranking military personnel, spending spring at their holiday home in the Cotswolds and get their mail delivered to large regal apartments in a Chelsea/Kensington mansion house then maybe I'll believe you hang out with upper class thai's

• Like 1

I know a bar girl who hooked up with a Farang. She is now the queen of his restaurant bosses the staff around and to help with the Thai laws, he has now put it all into her name. Her status really did climb.

A bar girl is considered by society to be pretty much at the bottom. She could a marry a motorcycle taxi driver or a security guard and that would be considered a step up in social class.

I doubt you understand what Hi So is unless you are a millionaire or ambassador or something.

Avoiding the Hi-So argument I get the Ops point:

Example in Hand from a flight attendant: Ex bar worker with her Western boyfriend / husband on a flight back to which ever western country he comes from.

Its obvious that she's an Ex Bar worker*. I'm told of some pretty shocking behaviour, these girls suddenly become Diva's.... their sense of self importance inflated though their latest relationship - they've jumped social status and are now being served upon by those who would otherwise look down on them.

*these things are easy enough to tell for many Thai's and indeed many Westerners who've been here a while.

I've heard these examples from a handful of flight attendants - some of whom in the past I've dated, others who are married to friends.

There is a section of middle and upper class society who deplore the behaviour and attitudes of those who behave poorly when having 'risen' or leap frogged upwards....

-------

I've been out for dinner with my Wife at a decent restaurant, only to be seated at a table next to a guy and his BG. She is loud, obnoxious and when he asks her to quieten down her responses is "I don't give a F$%& who can hear me"... we were mildly entertained at his discomfort, he even apologised to those around him. But, ultimately we'd gone out for a nice quite romantic meal and it was destroyed by the actions of one girl who'd been taken out of her 'zone' and had no idea how to behave appropriately.

Bar girls / hookers aside, in a society that respects wealth or the image of wealth without much heed to how it was acquired, there would seem to exist a lot of perceived upward social mobility in society in general, not just between foreigners and entertainment girls. Theres no lack of so called hi-so that is more bling than class or education. many may rise to status via corruption or other criminality yet are often/usually respected for their wealth.

exceptions noted disclaimer

• Like 1