Extn of stay versus Multi Non O.

A multi Non O is available to persons over 65 on state pension, no level imposed.

No. I think it's a UK's rule only.

No special treatment for +65 yo in France by example:

http://www.thaiembassy.fr/fr/visa/visa-non-immigrant-«-o-»-a-partir-de-50-ans/

Anyone asking in France for a non-O "because over 50 yo"

must prove 5'000 (or 200'000 baht) in bank during last 3 months.

Rules are not the same worldwide... sad.png

Why query the original post.

"Possible options are.

Get another multi non o in the UK based on pension."

To the OP question. I leave Thailand regularly. Two times a year I go home to Sweden a couple of weeks. And I also like to travel a few times every year in S.E.Asia. For me there is no advantage in having the extension of stay over the non-O multiple visa. Probably the opposite because of the higher money demands to qualify for the extension of stay. The non-O also give me 15 months stay in Thailand. The other I have to renew every 12 months. The multiple non-O (retire based) is also very easy to get in Sweden.

But next time I will apply for the extension of stay. Because I will travel less in the future.

Thank you for the post, I may well feel the same in the future. I can feel the slide into old age gaining momentum.

If my passport application is protracted, I may well be forced into applying for an extension this time round.

I need to renew my retirement visa shortly and I am not sure if the goal posts have been moved from last year. Can anyone tell me what documents are required for a Retirement visa now?

Which embassy or consulate do you plan on applying for the non-o visa based upon retirement. It varies from place to place and at most embassies you will not get one.

Or perhaps you are asking abut an extension of stay based upon retirement at immigration here. For this their have been no changes.

Thanks for the info.