Is kissing in public not allowed in Thailand ?

Today a friend call me and told me his Facebook experience !

He only upload a picture himself

Sending a air kiss to his girlfriend near him with the hand for show I love you!

One week later a massage come in Thai from gov

That he have imidiatly delete the picture!

Because he not want problems he close the Facebook account!

I realy wondering about this, when there are public kissing contests in Pattaya in the ready or not building last year then it cannot be against the law ,or maybe Iam in the wrong movie

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think "public" is the distinction, but maybe that is it on the internet. Like they don't show kissing on tv programs.

But how would anyone have seen it? Something weird with that as I can point you to many racy Thai Facebook "people" or "musicians" with tens of thousands of followers. Maybe one of his girlfriend's friends or family reported it.

One week later a massage come in Thai from gov
That he have imidiatly delete the picture!

That's utter bs and, will never happen. Maybe a pissed off Thai bf, husband, etc...

• Like 2

Reckon your buddy's on a wind-up by someone. It would be interesting to see what the message (in Thai) actually said and what department it came from.

As far as I'm aware, they haven't mastered image recognition of an air kiss to be able to issue a notice in the first place..................wink.png

If he had had his tongue half way down her throat on the steps of a wat, that might be different.

• Like 2