Thai army imposes night-time curfew across country

Lite Beer

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So if I happen to be in a bar at 10pm does this mean I can't go home until 5am ?

This has happened to me many times before with or without a curfew...

yes, man. You will be trapped in the bar with few dozens bar girls ..... Seriously, it's nationwide. Try not to get drunk and defy the curfew. Be safe.

• Like 1

decent people sleep at night

Many people have night time jobs. Does that automatically make them non-decent?

If everyone slept at night you'd get a rude awakening due to all the things no longer working!

• Like 2

Well you think you have seen it all, never applies to this place. Absolutely unbelievable, and just goes to show why this place needs a true democracy to eliminate this elitist establishment once one for all. This is aimed at destroying Thailand not protecting it. All those foot soldiers should drop their weapons and turn on these top brass monsters along with the whole population of Thailand.

commie detected.

nobody care what you think this place needs. so please keep your anti-elitist solutions to you own country. thank you.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Well, wonder what TAT will do now to promote tourism? alt=blink.png>

Promote Thailand as a Green destination

• Like 2

Channel news asia just announced tourists may travel to the airport and if theey need transport the military will provide it.

Hmm, I could see this being a selling point for foreign visitors:

Free airport transfers in a real army truck - Amazing Thailand!

• Like 1

And what about late international flights?

be there before 10 PM

Those with 'valid' reasons to be on the way to the airport [or work for Thais] are permitted to do so.

Just make sure you/taxi/limo does not try to avoid stopping any road check point; army or police or they will stop you forcibly.

Also for those who are keen to venture out as normal and will return home after curfew IF you are stopped please keep your attitude in check.

And what about late international flights?

I was just thinking this.

How does this work?

They do what they always wanted to do... once you've placed all your cash and belongings on the counter top.. you can either get back on the plane and go home... or be arrested and disposed of...lots of empty containers about...

Could someone please enlighten me what the actual goal of this is?

Getting the 2 sides together in the same room, locking them up until they figure out a date for the election and getting the protesters off the streets?

Any number estimates of how hard these protests hit the economy?

So will true refund me for lost days. Trying to wated to watch live sports right now but can't. Strangly fox movies is still working....for now

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

hahahha love it

The TV Suthep Fan club Pattaya branch are now reconsidering their joy about the coup

ironic given most of them only got interested in thai politics when thaksin cracked down on the hooker industry

• Like 1

yea right, what about people travelling around the city, country, arriving at/departing from the airport - what are they going to do, arrest everyone? shoot them? have they thought this through? oh, hang on, of course they havent ... this is thailand.

A necessary inconvenience...to restore law and order...should not last too long...

What about those bars...and girls...which do not get started good...until 10pm...?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Channel news asia just announced tourists may travel to the airport and if theey need transport the military will provide it.

Hmm, I could see this being a selling point for foreign visitors:

Free airport transfers in a real army truck - Amazing Thailand!

Yep, the whole Coup thing is just a tricky method to destroy the taxi mafia. Sneaky but true. My wife's uncle's cousin told me.

• Like 1

luckily, we all went to the bank for enough cash to last a month or 2 .

The banks will be next in line to close and then the atm will also not work ,and then ? Yep,those who did not

go to the bank ......will drink water ?