All Bars in Pattaya closed until 25th May?

Mobi

Mulligan on Beach Road - just one example - is open right now, will close 8pm to allow the employees to reach home before curfew - so the answer to your question is obiviously no, the Pattaya bars are NOT closed today

The reality is that the specified Pattaya zones for licenced bars or entertainment venues do not include parts of Nongprue or Pong districts and they are subject to the whims of local police or municipal authorities. That's why the term "bar" is frowned upon in some of those areas.

Edited by petercool
  • Like 1

Mulligan on Beach Road - just one example - is open right now, will close 8pm to allow the employees to reach home before curfew - so the answer to your question is obiviously no, the Pattaya bars are NOT closed today

Which means that most gogo bars will probably be closed as most start at around 8pm.

Edited by tropo

Well cop No. 1 said close now. Cop No. 2 said to close at 7 p.m!!!

As Peter said, it may be a local thing and not affect Pattaya proper.

We will try to obtain a definitive ruling from Nong Prue council officials..... but don't hold your breath....

Now in cc bar and they have been told to close at 8 pm. Choose a bar, choose a cop, and choose a time. ...

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

MIsleading thread topic*; darkside isn't Pattaya.

On Thursday night, most places of revelry in Pattaya self-policed and closed around 10pm with the police making rounds to ensure it happened.

Last night, the Pattaya gogo bar I was in had been told by the police that it was 'probably OK' to close at midnight. It was still rocking and rolling when I left at 11.30pm but the waitstaff had started getting customers to check bin.

* george must be loving the hit count though.

Edited by NanLaew

Early to bed, early to rise. Easier time doing the ladies for all the old guys.

Yep, long time now means longer.

You short-time boys are screwed (or not screwed as the case may be)

Get a girl at 9 45 PM she can't go home till morning!!!!

• Like 1

In the end we turned the lights down at around 8.30 and shut up shop around 9.30. No sign of any cops.

I don't know where anyone gets the idea it will be back to normal today. I haven't heard anything.

I think the curfew will be in force for a few days yet - this lot mean business.

Well cop No. 1 said close now. Cop No. 2 said to close at 7 p.m!!!

As Peter said, it may be a local thing and not affect Pattaya proper.

We will try to obtain a definitive ruling from Nong Prue council officials..... but don't hold your breath....

Classic case of left hand right hand syndrome and Thailand 101. No matter how much might pay for it, ten different answers for same same simple question to the whodunnits', wheresitsats' and the heckaweys' , until after awhile it becomes clear. The truth is kept so secret that none really know wherein it lies, or how to tell it if they do.

The bars will be allowed to open as normal when the military lift or change the curfew, I doubt any local cop would be in the know. It will come as broadcast statement as everything else so far, maybe at short notice

No. I doesn't work like that. There are no military in Pattaya, so bar owners do what the local police tell them they can do. Last night police came in WS say that agogos could stay open until midnight, as long as they switch their signs off. Problem is they said that at about 10pm when most agogos were already closing. A few of them though stayed open until midnight, and I bet most (all?) of them will stay open until midnight tonight wink.png

Edited by Pattaya46

Did you miss the news about the Thai Navy taking over soi9 police station?

No, I saw it, but it was yesterday morning, "long time" ago...

I may be wrong, but the few navy guys who came there must still be in the station.

I didn't see any military of navy guy in town, neither yesterday nor today.

The only "true" police on WS yesterday were these 2 officers at about 10pm.