Thaksin calls on NCOP to return happiness to Thais

Lite Beer

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/3e7a9600-e3ec-11e3-a73a-00144feabdc0.html

Human Rights Watch, the New York-based campaign group, accused the junta of playing a power game to destroy Mr Thaksin, a former premier who outflanked the old urban elite and won power thanks to the support of millions of rural Thais grateful for his subsidised healthcare, crop-growing and microcredit schemes.

“The military and others in Thailand are so desperate to rid the country of Thaksin and his allies that they are now holding the entire country hostage to their whims,” said Brad Adams, Human Rights Watch Asia director.

The military says it took over because it was clear there would be no agreement to end the debilitating political crisis . The country has been without a functioning government or parliament since December, and the economy has started to shrink.

Gen Prayuth has pledged to repay rice farmers owed an estimated $3bn under a financially disastrous rice subsidy scheme run by the ousted government.

The junta has said the detentions of Ms Yingluck and others are only temporary measures to help damp the turmoil and give those involved in it “time to think”.

i suggest you live here first troll..then you might have a tiny tiny say in your linited little world...we sure could do with someone like you to show us the error of our ways ..coffee1.gif

This is all silly posturing.

Thais are beautiful -- and I am not talking about their looks, although that seems to be the lure for most westerners.

Thailand will do what Thailand wants to do. The rest of the world needs to get over it.

• Like 2

The biggest single contribution Thaksin will ever make to Gross National Happiness from this point will be a verified news report that he has dropped dead. Political tensions will suddenly look more manageable.

• Like 2

He also thinks he is the PM

Posted Today, 16:17

RT@Saksith: Thaksin tweeted again, saying ”as an elected PM,” he is ”saddened” by ”tragic events caused by another coup”: twitter.com/ThaksinLive/st…

And he is going to set up his own "government in exile". Except last time I checked he wasn't exiled and wasn't elected either.

I propose that May 23 be forever memorialised as Prayuth Day. A national holiday and celebration recognising the person who freed Thailand from the oppressive criminal regime of the Shinawatra clan.

All those in agreement say aye.

Long live the King!

• Like 1

Every single politician in this country is xenophobic, corrupt and money hungry. Both sides.

I cannot understand how any farang on this forum can have anything to say. 90% don't have a clue and only rely on opinions from those they are close to and the other 10% are tourists or wannabes.

Control yourselves, please.

• Like 2

Thaksin calls on NCOP to return happiness to Thais

I'm sorry, but who the fhub is Thaksin to be requesting change by the NCOP. I thought he was some nob-head who fled Thailand because he was/is a wanted man, or am I completely wrong?

Good luck nong Thaksin. May your next life haunt you without any passport to a life of conjecture and principle. Reap the crap you sowed, and stay put and shut up for once..... there will be no more assets raped from Thailand and placed into your off-shit bank accounts. Enjoy!

• Like 1

I would like to thank KT for his concern for those living in the kingdom but from what I've been seeing and hearing in CM the NCOP are already making a surprisingly large proportion of Thais happy and the smiles are returning to most faces.

The general seems to have substantial backing from right accross the demographic spectrum..... keep your ears pinned back tomorrow for confirmation.... but he really needs to scrap the night curfew in fairness to those who have chosen to visit Thailand on vacation.

Let's hope Thaksin got one thing right and Thailand can look forward to a new beginning.

Every single politician in this country is xenophobic, corrupt and money hungry. Both sides.

I cannot understand how any farang on this forum can have anything to say. 90% don't have a clue and only rely on opinions from those they are close to and the other 10% are tourists or wannabes.

<deleted>? If you cannot understand then why make comment? Please placard your knowledge, in asserting that 90% of farang don't have a clue, and how the other end of the sprecturm market you assume is measured at 10%, comprising want-to-be persons.

Idiotic post, and very detrimental/insulting/ to those of us who have lived here for many years.

Control yourself master, walk on rice-paper for a few days, or you yourself may become blind.

• Like 2

Thaksin calls on NCOP to return happiness to Thais.

A good first step would be to return all the money that he, his family and friends, has unjustly stolen from the state coffers.
I hope they install quickly a tax police, which simply checks the actual assets and the assets specified in the personal tax declaration
from all politicians, senior officials and high-ranking police officers.

I am sure happiness will return after then, to all Thais.
A question of justice.

• Like 2

I would like to thank KT for his concern for those living in the kingdom but from what I've been seeing and hearing in CM the NCOP are already making a surprisingly large proportion of Thais happy and the smiles are returning to most faces.

The general seems to have substantial backing from right accross the demographic spectrum..... keep your ears pinned back tomorrow for confirmation.... but he really needs to scrap the night curfew in fairness to those who have chosen to visit Thailand on vacation.

Let's hope Thaksin got one thing right and Thailand can look forward to a new beginning.

KT? Not anymore... simply nong Thaksin from now on. The respect is just about almost completely destroyed, thank Buddha. :)

• Like 1

As dumb as they come... What are you rambling about? Troll alert ....

Hey Thaksin what happened to that word "reconciliation" that you used with every headline up until 8 months ago - doesn't really fit now does it

How about returning all the stolen billions you took from the Thai people

What would be the chance you could hold your breath for 10 mins or play with some traffic somewhere and do us all a favour

You are about to get the prize of being the most evil man in Thai history and you just can't shut your mouth and walk away - from here on in you deserve everything coming to you and your family - you just couldn't leave it alone - I believe in Karma and it is coming to you - of that I have no doubt

• Like 1

Just before the Native Americans were annulated and almost wiped off the face of the earth, Chief Sitting Bull said “white man him speak with forked tongue same rattle snake.” But here we have a King Cobra with 2 heads.

I agree with you and I believe it won't belong until the international community jump on board too - it's a pity we have a few hundred small minded people in Bangkok that can't see that this man may actually turn out to be the "one" that Thailand has been waiting for years

The man hasn't put a foot wrong these last 6 months - all credit to him

Thaksin is the reason for all this trouble. He should be banned. No utterances of his, or photos of him should be published. This will surely stop him interfering with Thailand's business in future.

Mr. Nana has spoken.....

Just before the Native Americans were annulated and almost wiped off the face of the earth, Chief Sitting Bull said “white man him speak with forked tongue same rattle snake.” But here we have a King Cobra with 2 heads.

Native Americans? Have you any idea what you are talking about? Even they would be considered 'farang' and ignored nowadays in Thailand, despite not being of Caucasian appearance. Hence, it is the same in that your reference to such should be ignored also, before you get pulled for being racist.

In addition, did you mean annihilated, as opposed to annulated?

When trying to make comparisons, why don't you refer to previous heads of state of your own origin, such as MaoTse Tsung or Pol Pot, before tiring us with rubbish which you have no idea about what you refer to?

Being obnoxious has no account to offer positives to this TV forum, nor does posting negatives about pictures you have neither seen nor experienced.

Thank me for the grammar lesson, after your forethoughts have been reconsidered.

However, don't thank me for the history lesson, as it is obvious you haven't got a clue about what you refer to, yet continue to enjoy trolling.

Kind Regards,

UbonRatch.

There is obviously a lot of well informed Thai politically educated people on here. So can anyone answer the question that the rest of the world has had about what they are hearing and viewing everyday recently on CNN, BBC, FOX, SKY etc?

Why has Mr Thaksin, and any affiliations to him been been ousted from positions, considering the majority support him and have voted for him.

Why is it when internationally recognised free and fair elections seem to be always invoked by what what the world knows as an elite.

There are not my questions, but the questions of the democratically led world, which is why actions have been condemned internationally.

In defense of Mr. Thaksin I do have to say this;

• Yes he was corrupt but what government isn't? At least he made it clear rather then hiding it.
  • He brung the Internet to Thailand buy going to China, building his own Satellite, launching it then vualla we had internet. Yes of course he profited billions but that is just a smart business man.
  • A LOT of money he made via corruption (from large corporations and not the common people of Thailand) he gave to the farmers who are the ones we ALL should be helping as world wide farmers are #1.
  • He made it easier for foreigners to get visas etc.
  • He fought the war on drugs (although there were casualties as there are in any war).
  • PS: Whatever happened to the billions of baht that was seized from him? Maybe the army will take it?

In opposition to Mr. Thaksin I can say this:

• He did make a HUGE mistake when he said he wanted to sit in the "Big chair".
  • He did make a mistake when he fled rather then staying here and doing his time.
  • He did give money for votes.
  • He does keep meddling in Thailand's politics when he should stay out of it but maybe he really does love Thailand. Ok I guess if he did he would be happy to be in jail here.

All in all I think he gave more to the "people" which outweighs the bad he did.

Abhasit had 2 years to show he would make a difference and did absolutely NOTHING.

I just hope that the Army has good intentions however if they do then why would they not announce it instead of keeping it all a secret?