Suthep, 24 other PDRC leaders released on bail

webfact

​A Medal for stopping elections and ordinary people voting ? What a hero that man is

yes...he,s in line for the nobel peace prize alt=biggrin.png>

Ha! There was another recent threat in which many here were asserting that the new regime was being even-handed in its treatment of all sides while others said in reply, 'wait and see'. Looks like those 'others' were right. Abhisit has been out for a while and now sometime-friends, the PDRC, are also enjoying their freedom. Not so for the other side. The mask is falling quickly...

YL is free too.

But anyone not understanding that keeping the reds a bit longer to make sure there are no terrorist attacks or uprisings v.s no risk from the anti government side is not thinking clear.

The army wants to prevent a red uprising that could cost countless lives if it happens. Now without leaders and finances those chances are less. There is no risk from the anti government to do such a thing.

Logic dear friend logic.

But by being seen to be biased towards one side is there not more of a risk of flare up or people seeing this clearly as a coup in line with PDRC policy

I think the problem is that the pro government redshirts are more likely to cause trouble as the coup appears to work against them. The PDRC probably see the coup as a victory so are happy. I don't and I doubt Abhisit does either and in fact it could work against the Dems. That's also why we're seeing redshirt arms being found rather than yellow ones. It is a problem for the army though if they want to seen fair to all.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The only way democracy can work for the next 10 years at least is for a constitution drafted by the army

And neither person from each party can stand

No one that was involved in any demonstrations during this whole mess or this shall always continue

Neither yellow or red should be able to stand which would put chewit and a whole new brand of positions on display

People from television stations, people who were running for lower positions can step up

I have no doubt that in 10 years it shall all start again but 10 years of peace and boosted economy shall help

Also prime ministers should only be aloud to stand for 1 term before they get too greedy and power struck

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

This is a mixed up report... very bad media produce.

Who were actually accused and charged with terrorism?

None of the leaders actually committed a terrorist act, even though Tarit tried to get them on terrorism, didn't the criminal court disagree and refused the warrants?

At worst it was classed as sedition.

Also the figures all seem mixed up, a very confusing report that I will have to rely on the BP for a better version.... as usual.

Also, why has Tarit and Adul as well as the Attorney Gen all been retained? They are all mates with Thaksin, I thought this was a purge of the Thaksin regime?... Surely to get rid of cancer. you have to cut out every last cell.

I am sort of expecting it to have already been arranged that all will receive 2 years suspended sentences. That's how it works here.

I see the UDD mob are not being released yet..... good.

If you are right, and it is a 2 Year Suspended Sentence, this is not the same as getting away scot free.

Along with this sentence comes a Criminal Record.

As to most countries I know which I suspect Thailand is one to, with a Criminal Record you are not allowed to:

1) Hold Public Office.

2) To be the Head of, or on any Executive Committee, of any Corporation or Public Traded Company.

3) Refused entry into many Countries included the Americas and Europe.

4) Refused a Passport, if this is part of the Suspended Sentence, which in many cases it is, or turn it in to Authorities if you do hold one.

5) Keep the piece and not to commit any other offense during this time.

6) Restricted from many jobs that require a Criminal Records Check.

And I am sure many others.

A Pardon may be granted after some years, but this is not mandatory, nor can it be taken for granted. .

Interesting posts on this topic. Still wonder why no one bothered about

"Suthep and 10 other leaders were led from a military camp to the Office of the Attorney General to face insurrection charge"

Obviously and clearly for all to see a certain bias is displayed smile.png

And Yingluck already free to walk with no charges to answer.

I think it is a case of Red Rabies Rubi that has them all frothing illogically at the keyboard

Not quite yet, perhaps

Military is still detaining former premier Yingluck : reports

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Military-is-still-detaining-former-premier-Yingluc-30234625.html

Correct. I just seen that in the News Updates.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

None of the leaders actually committed a terrorist act, even though Tarit tried to get them on terrorism, didn't the criminal court disagree and refused the warrants?

Also the figures all seem mixed up, a very confusing report that I will have to rely on the BP for a better version.... as usual.

Also, why has Tarit and Adul as well as the Attorney Gen all been retained? They are all mates with Thaksin, I thought this was a purge of the Thaksin regime?... Surely to get rid of cancer. you have to cut out every last cell.

I am sort of expecting it to have already been arranged that all will receive 2 years suspended sentences. That's how it works here.

If you are right, and it is a 2 Year Suspended Sentence, this is not the same as getting away scot free.

As to most countries I know which I suspect Thailand is one to, with a Criminal Record you are not allowed to:

1) Hold Public Office.

2) To be the Head of, or on any Executive Committee, of any Corporation or Public Traded Company.

4) Refused a Passport, if this is part of the Suspended Sentence, which in many cases it is, or turn it in to Authorities if you do hold one.

A Pardon may be granted after some years, but this is not mandatory, nor can it be taken for granted. .

Tarit and Adul and many MANY others are gone.

Goldbuggy is quite right, but for Suthep, none of those knock-on punishments really apply. The corrupt old man has already said he is retired from politics, and as the good crony and corruption supporter he is, he is leaving it all to his son - his real son, not the son of his current wife who MAY be badly hurt if convicted, although that is actually unlikely.

All the other things like not travelling to Disneyland and not getting a job because of the criminal record - none of that matters to Suthep in any manner. To Suthep, a suspended sentence is less than an annoyance, it gives him cred with many of his criminal cronies.

His co-defendants, including the son of his wife, may not be so dismissive of a suspended sentence.

All I ask is that the curfew be lifted outside Bangkok so that the tourists will stay and still keep coming. Then if the General could let us have the BBC world news, CNN channels and radio back that would be nice. Just let life get back to normal for those of us who just want to live a peaceful life.

After that, he should look at establishing an independent office to investigate corruption, similar to the ICAC in Hong Kong, with wide sweeping powers to arrest, etc. This might just clean things up a bit. It is clear that unless the new constitution addresses this issue it will be business as usual for the politicians when democracy is re-established.

The dear leader does not want people in Thailand to see what is on the news about the coup for a reason whistling.gif

• Like 1

How I love these TV posters who claim to believe in democracy and yet do not agree with the bail. They are on bail because this is due process in a democracy. The government can charge you with anything they want, the question is it's validity. They will have their day in court. So don't feel bad if these democracy loving people spoke up for their democratic rights, while most of you PTP and Red shirt supports already sold your souls to Thaksin. Learn to stand your own, it's better.

• Like 1

Seems everybody gets bail in Thailand!

Why Not!

Aren't you consider innocent until proved guilty in a Court of Law, or in this case a Military Tribunal? They haven't been charged for Murder, and they are not a Flight Risk with no Passports and authorities watching. They also have not been convicted of any crime as of yet, although they still may be under House Arrest. So why should they hold them in jail, at the tax payers expense?

What do you think happens in Canada, UK, and Good Ole USA to people charged with a crime less than murder or rape, but have not had there day in court yet either?

Would it be "Bail"?

The Law is supposed to be applied equally and fairly to everyone. So just because you have more money than most, making it easier to escape and hide out a long time, that doesn't mean you have to stay locked up until your Court Date, when someone with less money gets to get out on Bail.

I think this is fair.

Very fair indeed, restoring Law & Order and let the causers out after 4 x 24 hours in return for 1/2 an expat month salary. Very wise. No, this is really going to work. If you crush the country, you can sit at home waiting for your court case. Unbelievable.

• Like 1

1) Hold Public Office.

Tarit and Adul and many MANY others are gone.

Goldbuggy is quite right, but for Suthep, none of those knock-on punishments really apply. The corrupt old man has already said he is retired from politics, and as the good crony and corruption supporter he is, he is leaving it all to his son - his real son, not the son of his current wife who MAY be badly hurt if convicted, although that is actually unlikely.

All the other things like not travelling to Disneyland and not getting a job because of the criminal record - none of that matters to Suthep in any manner. To Suthep, a suspended sentence is less than an annoyance, it gives him cred with many of his criminal cronies.

His co-defendants, including the son of his wife, may not be so dismissive of a suspended sentence.

Rules can change.

How I love these TV posters who claim to believe in democracy and yet do not agree with the bail. They are on bail because this is due process in a democracy. The government can charge you with anything they want, the question is it's validity. They will have their day in court. So don't feel bad if these democracy loving people spoke up for their democratic rights, while most of you PTP and Red shirt supports already sold your souls to Thaksin. Learn to stand your own, it's better.

I come from a democracy where bail is not existing. If the crimes are serious you stay in jail until your court case comes up. And I garantuee you; it works much more honest. What is Suthep going to do until this 1/3 day of 'court' cartoon? His over creative brain will create more mess. Could be the airport again.....

I think that Khun Suthep and the other Anti-Demonstration leaders should get a metal for sticking their necks out and peacefully leading demonstrations for six month, even so fellow demonstrators kept getting attacked, injured and killed.

If it was not for Khun Suthep and all the faithful demonstrators out there, Thaksin would be back with full Amnesty and the would continue raping the Country. wai2.gif

Correct, without Suthep et al, the camel herder would have ended up with all charges dropped and forgotten, however I doubt if he has the necessary b_alls to ever step foot back on Thai soil in the near future - too many big guns pointing in his direction.

Not correct at all. The Amnesty Bill was blocked by the Senate and thrown out. Nothing to do with suthep at all.

• Like 1

The best Hollywood screen writers could not script the scenes going on here at the moment!

Mark Sennett (Keystone cops) comes to mind. And they were silent movies.

jb1

Edited by jimbeam1
  • Like 1

Seems everybody gets bail in Thailand!

Why Not!

Aren't you consider innocent until proved guilty in a Court of Law, or in this case a Military Tribunal? They haven't been charged for Murder, and they are not a Flight Risk with no Passports and authorities watching. They also have not been convicted of any crime as of yet, although they still may be under House Arrest. So why should they hold them in jail, at the tax payers expense?

What do you think happens in Canada, UK, and Good Ole USA to people charged with a crime less than murder or rape, but have not had there day in court yet either?

Would it be "Bail"?

The Law is supposed to be applied equally and fairly to everyone. So just because you have more money than most, making it easier to escape and hide out a long time, that doesn't mean you have to stay locked up until your Court Date, when someone with less money gets to get out on Bail.

I think this is fair.

I honk the problem here is that some of these people could flee without a passport as they probably have friends in the right places. House arrest sends a good compromise though.

I think that Khun Suthep and the other Anti-Demonstration leaders should get a metal for sticking their necks out and peacefully leading demonstrations for six month, even so fellow demonstrators kept getting attacked, injured and killed.

If it was not for Khun Suthep and all the faithful demonstrators out there, Thaksin would be back with full Amnesty and the would continue raping the Country. wai2.gif

Correct, without Suthep et al, the camel herder would have ended up with all charges dropped and forgotten, however I doubt if he has the necessary b_alls to ever step foot back on Thai soil in the near future - too many big guns pointing in his direction.

Not correct at all. The Amnesty Bill was blocked by the Senate and thrown out. Nothing to do with suthep at all.

I stand corrected on that point re the amnesty bill, mouth open before brain in gear.

Edited by Artisi

Interesting posts on this topic. Still wonder why no one bothered about

"Suthep and 10 other leaders were led from a military camp to the Office of the Attorney General to face insurrection charge"

Obviously and clearly for all to see a certain bias is displayed smile.png

And Yingluck already free to walk with no charges to answer.

I think it is a case of Red Rabies Rubi that has them all frothing illogically at the keyboard

Not quite yet, perhaps

Military is still detaining former premier Yingluck : reports

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Military-is-still-detaining-former-premier-Yingluc-30234625.html

You can check out any time you like,

But you can never leave.

Welcome

jb1

Edited by jimbeam1

1) Hold Public Office.

If only that were true. In Thailand there would always be a way and it might have happened before. I'm sure someone will tell us if it has.

Thaksin has been able to travel to the UK and USA without problems as far as I know.

Edited by kimamey

Cannot help but think that there are those in the military of high command who wear yellow underwear

You think or you know you naughty little soldier.

• Like 2

​A Medal for stopping elections and ordinary people voting ? What a hero that man is

ooops I need to correct your posting

You missed out 2 words

​A Medal for stopping unfair elections and paid people voting ?

Yes there are many posters here who agree with you

When you look at the current state of affairs you can say only one thing -

Thanks Suthep for killing Thailand!

well thats the opinion who thinks they glass is half empty

But those who think the glass is half full

Thanks Suthep for saving Thailand!

ooops I need to correct your posting

You missed out 2 words

​A Medal for stopping unfair elections and paid people voting ?

Yes there are many posters here who agree with you

If you cannot win the race it doesn't mean the race is unfair does it now

• Like 1

I stand corrected on that point re the amnesty bill, mouth open before brain in gear.

.............................."Nothing to do with suthep at all."....................................

That's funny. A lot of the things Suthep has been blamed for, like the farmers not being paid for their rice, had nothing to do with Suthep either, but it has not stopped fabio and friends crapping on about it for last 6 months.

All the trolling in the world is not going to win this fight for you fabio.

What a load of rubbish, a lot of people were stopped from earning a livelihood because of ths man wanting to make a name for himself. There is only one way to bring down a government in any democracy, and that's at the ballot box. there will always be a Suthep ar a Scargill who say they always want to live in a democracy, but they are just hypocrites.

Is there any government in any country who do not put themselves first and always want their noses in the trough? We know Thailands like that and I know the UK is similar, I'm sure most of the TV members will believe their country is the same.

................."There is only one way to bring down a government in any democracy, and that's at the ballot box."....................

WRONG ! Crooked governments who win power by buying votes (with taxpayers money) and intimidating opposition parties can also be brought down via a coup.

Have you not heard about coups ? whistling.gif

• Like 1