Indian woman caught at Suvarnabhumi Airport smuggling 1.62 kg 'ya ice'

webfact

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am confused , naive, why smuggle drugs into a country awash with drugs? Maybe I am wrong, but I assumed most drugs were brought in from Myanmar by Thai drug barons

Edited by buhi

Bad move buddy, at least change your profile picture if you're going to make inflammatory statements like that. Very poorly thought out I agree, however you probably have very little experience interacting with African people so I'm not going to call you a racist just yet. Look at the history of Nigeria, slavery, colonization,do you even understand the socia-economic effects? How they lead to crime? You could just as easily been a conman so desperately seeking to improve your life by whatever means, if your people had been enslaved. Also, using words like 'infestation' does make you seem intolerant and completely out of touch with reason and logic within the context of understanding the reasons for the behaviour of certain people from certain countries. Sure, Nigerians are known for scams and criminal activity in many parts of the world, what about Israel & and their unforgiving illegal genocides? All the evils caused by slavery from the West and American foreign policy? Should we admonish caucasians for colonialist arrogance?

Okay, let's stop playing the race card. It's getting old real quick.

African countries gained independence decades ago yet still harp on about colonization as being the cause of all their ills. They don't mention the shocking levels of corruption. 20 $ Billion missing in oil money in Nigeria. Can't blame whitey for that! But you can, it seems.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/missing-20-billion-oil-money-nigerias-finance-minister-okonjo-iweala-launches-expensive-me

Israel's genocide? Are you aware that more Gazans are killed making homemade bombs than are killed by Israel.

http://www.israelandstuff.com/more-gazans-blow-themselves-up-accidentally-than-are-killed-by-israels-army

Droning on about American foreign policy and the evils of white colonization just makes you sound like the loony left. Another middle-class white on a guilt-trip.

Africans were killing and enslaving each other along tribal lines long before the white man arrived.

Give it a rest!

• Like 1

Indian smuggler paid for by a Nigerian. It is driving me crazy on my visas here, what category do the Nigerians fall in? Please clean them all out.

Bad move buddy, at least change your profile picture if you're going to make inflammatory statements like that. Very poorly thought out I agree, however you probably have very little experience interacting with African people so I'm not going to call you a racist just yet. Look at the history of Nigeria, slavery, colonization,do you even understand the socia-economic effects? How they lead to crime? You could just as easily been a conman so desperately seeking to improve your life by whatever means, if your people had been enslaved. Also, using words like 'infestation' does make you seem intolerant and completely out of touch with reason and logic within the context of understanding the reasons for the behaviour of certain people from certain countries. Sure, Nigerians are known for scams and criminal activity in many parts of the world, what about Israel & and their unforgiving illegal genocides? All the evils caused by slavery from the West and American foreign policy? Should we admonish caucasians for colonialist arrogance?

Typical loser - blame the past, point to other countries and imply anyone who calls a spade-a-spade is racist. Spare us the usual chest-beating. Wise up & clean up or Get Out. Singapore & Hong Kong will not tolerate Nigerians (or Africans) who do not measure up to $$$ entry requirements and work-visa-quality.....neither should Thailand.

So you refuse any factual evidence pertaining to cause & effect in reference to the action of a sect of Nigerian people? Forget the past? No thank you, I refuse to ignore the reasons why things are the way they are now. How else are we supposed to devise appropriate reaction? Or would you prefer we act like a bunch of idiots and yell 'wipe them out!' because we don't know any better. That's what it sounds like you're advocating.

hark at everyone running round shouting "racist" because a few guys told it as it is about nigerians! and yet in most of the other threads i read theres no end of "low class bargirls" being touted about. so thats ok then?

and for the record, i have never met a nigerian that isnt a drug dealer or scam artist or thief. fact.

Okay, let's stop playing the race card. It's getting old real quick.

African countries gained independence decades ago yet still harp on about colonization as being the cause of all their ills. They don't mention the shocking levels of corruption. 20 $ Billion missing in oil money in Nigeria. Can't blame whitey for that! But you can, it seems.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/missing-20-billion-oil-money-nigerias-finance-minister-okonjo-iweala-launches-expensive-me

Israel's genocide? Are you aware that more Gazans are killed making homemade bombs than are killed by Israel.

http://www.israelandstuff.com/more-gazans-blow-themselves-up-accidentally-than-are-killed-by-israels-army

Droning on about American foreign policy and the evils of white colonization just makes you sound like the loony left. Another middle-class white on a guilt-trip.

Africans were killing and enslaving each other along tribal lines long before the white man arrived.

Give it a rest!

haha, are you honestly going to attempt to justify your invalid beliefs or let me rephrase that, your poorly conceived, randomly collected so called 'evidence', by using Israeli propaganda news sources in response to not only mine but international condemnation for war crimes committed against the people of Gaza, on illegally claimed land? You never even gave yourself a chance to prove your legitimacy. American foreign policy has always been nefarious, the evidence is overwhelming I don't think we even need to get into that since this is directed at you. Independence does not necessary mean stability, this is typical rhetoric from people who refuse to believe that their parents who indoctrinated them were wrong so as to avoid any form of guilt. No one said you need to feel guilty, I'm just saying acknowledge the facts as opposed to feeling indignant about it, it is reality at the end of the day.

Why not let her go through and catch the syndicate, these mules are a dime a dozen,

At the going rate it appears they are 240,000THB per dozen. I don't think you'd assemble a dozen for just over 3 THB.

Indian smuggler paid for by a Nigerian. It is driving me crazy on my visas here, what category do the Nigerians fall in? Please clean them all out.

Not all Nigerians are criminals you know.

To use the phrase "Clear them all out" at best represents an unfortunate state of thinking.

And that is a charitable, benefit of doubt, assessment of the phrase.

Really, Well if you have been to Sukhumvit Road between 3 and 15 you will understand.

That is an extremely poorly thought out comment. Next time they catch an English pedophile will you be suggesting clean out all English men.

Why do you think he is trying to avert our attention to the Nigerians?

giggle.gif

Not all Nigerians are criminals you know.

To use the phrase "Clear them all out" at best represents an unfortunate state of thinking.

And that is a charitable, benefit of doubt, assessment of the phrase.

Most of the ones in Thailand are

Evidence please and not sensationalist press reports.

I'm not taking sides here, but the Nigerians are definitely 'over represented' in Thai jails.

One out of every five Nigerians living in Thailand is serving a jail term for drug related offences

That is quite shocking isn't it

http://www.punchng.com/news/20-of-nigerians-in-thailand-in-jail/

• Like 1

Simple question for everyone screaming racism on this thread,

Do the vast majority of Africans who come to Thailand commit crime? Answer : Yes

Where is the racism in pointing this fact out?

The racist calls come against the fool that suggested all Nigerians be rounded up, no other reason.

There's a big difference between stating stats and making claims that 'All' did something. Agree not?

• Like 1

Do the vast majority of Africans who come to Thailand commit crime? Answer : Yes

do all Americans come to Thailand to hijack and steal a minibus taxi cos the driver isn't taking where they want to go ?, or molest children ?, beat up their wives/GF's, use or deal drugs ?

using your approach to stereotyping, one can only conclude yes...therefore based on your own stereotyping all Americans should be rounded up and removed from Thailand as well ?

Read my post again and also some other posters posts showing facts before accusing me of stereotyping

The facts are there for all to see, only the blind who hide behind the racism issue fail to see them

do all Americans come to Thailand to hijack and steal a minibus taxi cos the driver isn't taking where they want to go ?, or molest children ?, beat up their wives/GF's, use or deal drugs ?

using your approach to stereotyping, one can only conclude yes...therefore based on your own stereotyping all Americans should be rounded up and removed from Thailand as well ?

Read my post again and also some other posters posts showing facts before accusing me of stereotyping

The facts are there for all to see, only the blind who hide behind the racism issue fail to see them

Why did you edit this bit out my post ?...this is a fact ?.....yes or no ?...your stereotyping, I am not hiding behind anything

the vast majority of the American prisoners in US jails are black, therefore any African American visiting Thailand is a criminal and should not be allowed in Thailand...

I did NOT edit it out, I wrote my reply as you were editing and adding the last paragraph to YOUR post

Also do any of my posts refer to African Americans? No they do not so stop trying to twist things

Edited by darrendsd

abundant arrogance amoungst some racist posters. You'd expect this type of behaviour in 1914.....but I thought this was 2014?

I suppose it's time for some of them to leave now and head off to their KKK meetings.

• Like 2

I find the problem with these threads, which I attempt to read to learn more, tend to degenerate into bi-lateral slanging matches. These might amuse the authors but quite frankly bore the pants of other readers.

On the specific topic, I would like to know a bit more about why and how a school teacher was persuaded to carry these drugs, for what is, as many say, a paltry amount of money. Was she on a specific trip to Thailand for smuggling etc.? I guess we'll never know, but I do feel sorry for her facing a long jail sentence. I know, I know, she should have known better but that doesn't alter my sense of sympathy for her future.

Years ago, I remember of flight stewardess in Malaga asking me to see a suitcase through customs in Birmingham, as she had to remain behind from the other crew on the flight. I thought nothing of it as I took the case through with my own and handed it into the airline office as she asked me. All innocent? I often wonder.

biggrin.pngbiggrin.png

I find the problem with these threads, which I attempt to read to learn more, tend to degenerate into bi-lateral slanging matches. These might amuse the authors but quite frankly bore the pants of other readers.

On the specific topic, I would like to know a bit more about why and how a school teacher was persuaded to carry these drugs, for what is, as many say, a paltry amount of money. Was she on a specific trip to Thailand for smuggling etc.? I guess we'll never know, but I do feel sorry for her facing a long jail sentence. I know, I know, she should have known better but that doesn't alter my sense of sympathy for her future.

Years ago, I remember of flight stewardess in Malaga asking me to see a suitcase through customs in Birmingham, as she had to remain behind from the other crew on the flight. I thought nothing of it as I took the case through with my own and handed it into the airline office as she asked me. All innocent? I often wonder.

biggrin.pngbiggrin.png

Innocent, who knows.

Foolish on your behalf ...... You betcha!

I don't go near anyone on international flights and I watch people like a hawke if they open the overhead locker where my bag is.

Be aware, dangerous out there.

abundant arrogance amoungst some racist posters. You'd expect this type of behaviour in 1914.....but I thought this was 2014?

I suppose it's time for some of them to leave now and head off to their KKK meetings.

What's racist about clear facts?

Are 1 in 5 English people who live in Thailand currently in a Thai Jail? No

Are 1 in 5 Russian people who live in Thailand currently in a Thai Jail? No

Are 1 in 5 American people who live in Thailand currently in a Thai Jail? No

Are 1 in 5 Nigerian people who live in Thailand currently in a Thai Jail? Yes

It is not racist to post clear facts and it is not racist to say Nigerians cause problems in this country, the facts speak for themselves

Edited by darrendsd
  • Like 1

What's racist about clear facts?

I already answered this for you in #79. Go back and read.....instead of typing. Capiche ?

• Like 1

I'm not taking sides here, but the Nigerians are definitely 'over represented' in Thai jails.

One out of every five Nigerians living in Thailand is serving a jail term for drug related offences

That is quite shocking isn't it

http://www.punchng.com/news/20-of-nigerians-in-thailand-in-jail/

Thanks foxboy that website give the true facts, unfortunately some posters are only interested in the facts they make up of the top of their head with no supporting evidence.

I feel there is no point trying to debate with people that just have anecdotal evidence which of cannot be substantiated.

Edit darrendsd 1 in 5 is not the vast majority.

Edited by uty6543
  • Like 1

biggrin.pngbiggrin.png

Innocent, who knows.

Foolish on your behalf ...... You betcha!

I don't go near anyone on international flights and I watch people like a hawke if they open the overhead locker where my bag is.

Be aware, dangerous out there.

You are 100% right of course. I simply did not think anything toward. She was attractive and dressed in an airline mackintosh and was very plausible. Could have been perfectly innocent but your point is well taken.

Oh yes, it was 30 years ago when 'muling' was not a well understood issue.