Indian woman caught at Suvarnabhumi Airport smuggling 1.62 kg 'ya ice'

webfact

Most of the ones in Thailand are

Evidence please and not sensationalist press reports.

I'm not taking sides here, but the Nigerians are definitely 'over represented' in Thai jails.

One out of every five Nigerians living in Thailand is serving a jail term for drug related offences

That is quite shocking isn't it

http://www.punchng.com/news/20-of-nigerians-in-thailand-in-jail/

So this link states that 1 in 5 Nigerians are a criminal.

So 20% of Nigerians are criminals in Thailand?

For every 5 Nigerians I will bump into 1 who will be a criminal.

That ain't racism. That is fact.

Well done for showing this link.

Well here are some other statistic's granted from 2009 as to the percentages of foreign nationals in Thai Jails

NATIONALITY OF FOREIGN PRISONERS in 2009

Asia: 8,528 (93.81%)

Africa: 274 (3.01%)

Europe: 149 (1.64%)

USA: 47 (12.52%)

Australia: 15 (12.16%)

Minority: 55 (0.6%)

Other: 23 (12.25%)

TOP 10 OF FOREIGN NATIONALS IN THAI PRISONS (2009)

1. Myanmar (3,787)

2. Lao (1,994)

3. Cambodia (1,445)

4. Malaysia (325)

5. China (252)

6. Singapore (115)

7. Nigeria (94)

8. Taiwan (91)

9. Vietnam (85)

10. Ghana (65)

So based on the rational, and stereotyping given by some of the poster on this topic, need to round up all the Burmese, Laotians, Cambodians, Malaysians, Chinese and Singaporeans and throw them out before the Nigerians...

http://www.thaiprisonlife.com/thai-prison-statistics/

As usual, another very informative post from you. well done. No doubt it wont stop the baaastards though, those with their KKK hats in their bags. ;)

• Like 2

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@darrendsd

You said:

Get yourself down lower Suk tonight, have a look around and then come back here tomorrow and give a unbiased opinion of what you saw going on

And read my posts again, I state AFRICANS not just Nigerians, stop twisting my words to suit your needs to defend these people

I also state MAJORITY, there is a difference between majority and all, have a look in a dictionary if you are not sure

Me:

So you think it's ok to condemn all Africans in such a prejudicial manner? That's astonishing.

Better still you think that's a more acceptable point of view?

And to top it all you claim that the majority of Africans in country are criminals?

Wow!!

So again I ask, have you met every African in Thailand or is that inner voice that makes you believe African equals criminal, doing the "thinking" (I use that word warily)?

Edited by Bluespunk

Evidence please and not sensationalist press reports.

I'm not taking sides here, but the Nigerians are definitely 'over represented' in Thai jails.

One out of every five Nigerians living in Thailand is serving a jail term for drug related offences

Well here are some other statistic's granted from 2009 as to the percentages of foreign nationals in Thai Jails

1. Myanmar (3,787)

2. Lao (1,994)

3. Cambodia (1,445)

4. Malaysia (325)

5. China (252)

6. Singapore (115)

7. Nigeria (94)

8. Taiwan (91)

9. Vietnam (85)

10. Ghana (65)

So based on the rational, and stereotyping given by some of the poster on this topic, need to round up all the Burmese, Laotians, Cambodians, Malaysians, Chinese and Singaporeans and throw them out before the Nigerians...

That's a great list you have compiled and I appreciate you taking the time to present it on TVF for me.

However they offer different statistics than what the other poster highlighted. Do you have access to a list that highlights the ratio of a countries nationals in country to those in jail?

For instance in your second list Myanmar tops the list and it does look daunting, but if there are 150 000 Myanmar nationals in country then it is not really that bad. But if we look at Nigerians which is 94 and with a ratio of 1:5 in jail the Nigerian nationals in country would be 470 in country.

As you can see the ratio of Nigerians that commit crimes are therefore much higher.

Thanks again for the list, but would appreciate one that is pertinent to your argument.

Edited by djjamie

Indian smuggler paid for by a Nigerian. It is driving me crazy on my visas here, what category do the Nigerians fall in? Please clean them all out.

Not all Nigerians are criminals you know.

To use the phrase "Clear them all out" at best represents an unfortunate state of thinking.

And that is a charitable, benefit of doubt, assessment of the phrase.

Most of the ones in Thailand are

Quite a few in Nigeria are too, although friendly enough to keep sending me nice emails containing special offers.

There are quite a few involved in crime too here in the UK, we have an open door policy in the UK and welcome all comers, especial;those from the poor countries of the EU..

Perhaps the answer for Thailand is to simply require visas.

Edited by jacko45k

Why would she be smuggling this stuff into Thailand? Isn't most of it manufactured locally

Its Highly dangerous to manufacture/cook meth, Lab explosions are common . Anyone can made it thought, the instructions are online. A lot of punks in America make there own. But I don't know if you can buy the cough medicine here that is required to produce it. Its an nasty drug, why anyone takes it is beyond me....

Edited by Display

Why would she be smuggling this stuff into Thailand? Isn't most of it manufactured locally

Its Highly dangerous to manufacture/cook meth . Anyone can made it thought, the instructions are online. A lot of punks in America make there own. But I don't know if you can buy the cough medicine here that is required to produce it.

Meth labs also stink to high heaven, which would preclude making it anywhere where there might be nosy neighbours. But as for the cough medicine you need to make it, I remember not so long ago there was a story about a massive amount of it going missing from a hospital.

*Soutpeel*

1. Myanmar (3,787)
2. Lao (1,994)
3. Cambodia (1,445)
4. Malaysia (325)
5. China (252)
6. Singapore (115)
7. Nigeria (94)
8. Taiwan (91)
9. Vietnam (85)
10. Ghana (65)

http://www.thaipriso...son-statistics/

What's interesting about that link is that there are 8 Asian countries on the list some who would have been detained for having no work permit no visas etc especially Burmese Cambodia and Laos citizens and out of the top 10 of which 8 are Asian countries Africans make up the other 2 places despite the very low number of Africans who travel to Thailand

What's also interesting is that in 2009 94 Nigerians were detained in a Thai prison, by 2014 that figure had jumped to 400

I would like to see the people who scream racism put a spin on those statistics thumbsup.gif

1. Myanmar (3,787)

2. Lao (1,994)

3. Cambodia (1,445)

4. Malaysia (325)

5. China (252)

6. Singapore (115)

7. Nigeria (94)

8. Taiwan (91)

9. Vietnam (85)

10. Ghana (65)

That's a great list you have compiled and I appreciate you taking the time to present it on TVF for me.

However they offer different statistics than what the other poster highlighted. Do you have access to a list that highlights the ratio of a countries nationals in country to those in jail?

For instance in your second list Myanmar tops the list and it does look daunting, but if there are 150 000 Myanmar nationals in country then it is not really that bad. But if we look at Nigerians which is 94 and with a ratio of 1:5 in jail the Nigerian nationals in country would be 470 in country.

As you can see the ratio of Nigerians that commit crimes are therefore much higher.

Thanks again for the list, but would appreciate one that is pertinent to your argument.

I am wondering if you found stats pertinent to your argument or do you agree with me that the Nigerians are probably the most criminally inclined foreign nationality in Thailand?

• Like 1

As a black educated woman (Yes, black woman and educated). To add to this, I know quite a few black Nigerian men and women who are highly successful and it has nothing to do with scams and fraud.

Probably, the question that should be asked here is:

Why is it SOME of you don't know at least a few educated, decent Nigerians? I can answer that, you are not open-minded, you stick with people from your own race, culture and class etc so you lack depth and exposure. This narrow-mindedness has prevented you from understanding that many of these Nigerians are doing bad but that should never cause you to generalize.

I have seen those guys on Lower Sukhumvit and what they do is horrible. However, what about the middle-class white men who simply come to Thailand and places like Cambodia to prey on innocent kids? Are they mostly black? No! Can I therefore say all white men are pedophiles? No way!

One of my colleague's husband who is Black Kenyan was turned away from a bar because he was thought to be Nigerian. What if he was? Does that make him like the others on the streets? This news spread in my school and was on our school blog in minutes telling staff NOT to go to that bar.

People need to grow up, grow out of racist behavior. Your kids may well find Nigerian partners. Wow!! That's a crime.

Playing the race card, blaming others, name-calling and of course chest-beating does not sound educated.

You sound like people did 100 years back and many continue to sing the same song - in the hope that excuses will hide home truths.

If you spent the same 'imagination' helping Nigerians (and Africans) in Thailand wise-up & clean-up my country would not have sooooo many Africans behind bars. With these 1000+ jailbirds locked-up we can almost start a small African country in the middle of Thailand. Even Nigerian (and African) embassies want nothing to do with many of the Africans in Thailand.

Start with educating the African embassies with your story-line. If they listen to you maybe the rest of us will give your story-line a little attention

....... and your point is? Have you seriously read my post? You appear to be clueless as to what racism really is so I will not engage you in further discussion.

That's correct - You've got the hint. Nobody wants to listen to your story of 'racism'. Wise up, clean up or Get out of my country.