Indian woman caught at Suvarnabhumi Airport smuggling 1.62 kg 'ya ice'

webfact

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not all Nigerians are criminals you know.

To use the phrase "Clear them all out" at best represents an unfortunate state of thinking.

And that is a charitable, benefit of doubt, assessment of the phrase.

Really, Well if you have been to Sukhumvit Road between 3 and 15 you will understand.

I have been there and as far as I know the whole of Nigeria does not live there, in fact an extremely small percentage of a percentage of a percentage of the country is to be found there.

Believe me I understand the prejudice in your mode of thinking.

Thankfully I don't share it.

He's not referring to the whole of Nigeria, just the ones who are seen in the areas he referred to and "a very large percentage of a percentage" there are up to no good.

His original OP said [and I quote] "clean them all out', he is judging all the citizens of a country based on the behaviour of a minuscule percentage. Blatant discrimination and stereotypical thinking. Or maybe you share his prejudices.

• Like 1

Make the seizure and get a headline, it's easier.

Or to look at it more accurately just doing their job. If it had been reported that they didn't make the arrest at the airport doubtless you would have had a go at them for that. Authorities in Thailand are always in a no-win situation whenever you get involved

Isn't extended enquiry doing their job ?

Think before you jump in.

Changing you tune, eh? You can't have it both ways, were they taking the easy route by arresting someone "for a headline" or making an extended enquiry? Think? You try it sometime.

He's not referring to the whole of Nigeria, just the ones who are seen in the areas he referred to and "a very large percentage of a percentage" there are up to no good.

His original OP said [and I quote] "clean them all out', he is judging all the citizens of a country based on the behaviour of a minuscule percentage. Blatant discrimination and stereotypical thinking. Or maybe you share his prejudices.

No he's not. He's referring to the huge percentage of those that are here. Regardless of my prejudices, which are my privilege, it is not discrimination or stereotyping, it's a very accurate observation whether you like to believe it or not.

• Like 2

No he's not. He's referring to the huge percentage of those that are here. Regardless of my prejudices, which are my privilege, it is not discrimination or stereotyping, it's a very accurate observation whether you like to believe it or not.

Wrong on all points

Correct. He wouldnt have a clue, ignorance of course is bliss. If poor old lees brains were dynamite the subsequent explosion in his head wouldnt even blow his nose. Shame on you lee for such a racist comment.

And shame on you for not knowing the difference between racism and reality.

• Like 1

I have no idea what all the Africans do hanging around Soi 5, but judging on the prison statistics, you'd have to assume a large percentage are up to no good.

Africans make up the 2nd largest nationality of prisoners after Asians, with 274 inmates, with Nigerians the largest African nation represented and the largest non Asian country, with 94, or 34%.

I also don't know how the population of Africans compare with Europe or Australians, for example, but they have 149 and 15 inmates respectively.

So, based purely on prison statistics, it's a fairly safe assumption to say that a large portion of Africans in Thailand, as a percentage of overall Guests, are up to no good.

No racist statements. Just fact.

Source :http://www.thaiprisonlife.com/thai-prison-statistics/

• Like 2

Make the seizure and get a headline, it's easier.

Or to look at it more accurately just doing their job. If it had been reported that they didn't make the arrest at the airport doubtless you would have had a go at them for that. Authorities in Thailand are always in a no-win situation whenever you get involved

Isn't extended enquiry doing their job ?

Think before you jump in.

Changing you tune, eh? You can't have it both ways, were they taking the easy route by arresting someone "for a headline" or making an extended enquiry? Think? You try it sometime.

Do you actually believe any of the rubbish you post ?

A seizure at the airport made public doesn't help an extended equiry does it ?

• Like 1

I have no idea what all the Africans do hanging around Soi 5, but judging on the prison statistics, you'd have to assume a large percentage are up to no good.

Africans make up the 2nd largest nationality of prisoners after Asians, with 274 inmates, with Nigerians the largest African nation represented and the largest non Asian country, with 94, or 34%.

I also don't know how the population of Africans compare with Europe or Australians, for example, but they have 149 and 15 inmates respectively.

So, based purely on prison statistics, it's a fairly safe assumption to say that a large portion of Africans in Thailand, as a percentage of overall Guests, are up to no good.

No problem with that at all DLock.

However lee's statement takes it that next step. I personally knew a Nigerian man who has worked in Thailand for many years, he was with a MNC and no doubt he'd be amused by lee's comment, Im betting though that Lee wouldnt have the gonads to say it to the mans face.

The words, racist, coward and keyboardcowboy spring to mind.

• Like 2

No problem with that at all DLock.

However lee's statement takes it that next step. I personally knew a Nigerian man who has worked in Thailand for many years, he was with a MNC and no doubt he'd be amused by lee's comment, Im betting though that Lee wouldnt have the gonads to say it to the mans face.

The words, racist, coward and keyboardcowboy spring to mind.

Agreed Neverdie, no need for bigoted stereotypes.

I also deal with several Africans in Bangkok and Chanthaburi, most of which are good, straight up guys, including Nigerians.

I don't hang around lower Sukhumvit so have no negative experience with Africans in Thailand, but my point was that the prison population certainly seems to suggest there is an element of Africans that are up to no good and potentially damaging the reputation of the good guys.

• Like 2

Indian smuggler paid for by a Nigerian. It is driving me crazy on my visas here, what category do the Nigerians fall in? Please clean them all out.

Bad move buddy, at least change your profile picture if you're going to make inflammatory statements like that. Very poorly thought out I agree, however you probably have very little experience interacting with African people so I'm not going to call you a racist just yet. Look at the history of Nigeria, slavery, colonization,do you even understand the socia-economic effects? How they lead to crime? You could just as easily been a conman so desperately seeking to improve your life by whatever means, if your people had been enslaved. Also, using words like 'infestation' does make you seem intolerant and completely out of touch with reason and logic within the context of understanding the reasons for the behaviour of certain people from certain countries. Sure, Nigerians are known for scams and criminal activity in many parts of the world, what about Israel & and their unforgiving illegal genocides? All the evils caused by slavery from the West and American foreign policy? Should we admonish caucasians for colonialist arrogance?

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Indian smuggler paid for by a Nigerian. It is driving me crazy on my visas here, what category do the Nigerians fall in? Please clean them all out.

Not all Nigerians are criminals you know.

To use the phrase "Clear them all out" at best represents an unfortunate state of thinking.

And that is a charitable, benefit of doubt, assessment of the phrase.

For a start lets clean out Sukhumvit from Soi 3 - 11 every evening until they are all gone. Many of those guys are in the drug trade.