Korat: Bus crash injures 30, 10 seriously

webfact

Bus crash injures 30

540397-01-wpcf_728x413.jpg

KORAT: -- More than 30 passengers were injured, 10 seriously, in a bus crash on the Friendship highway in Prathai district of Nakhon Ratchasima Wednesday morning.

The incident happened at Kilometre 181 on the highway.

The bus was heading for Prathai district from Nakhon Ratchasima when it collided with an oncoming truck and overturned.

All injured passengers were rushed to Prathai hospital.

(photo : http://m.innnews.co.th/mobile/show?newscode=540397)

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/bus-crash-injures-30/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-05-28

The friendship highway has at least 4 lanes, i.e. 2 lanes in each direction all the way to Nong Khai. How could there be a head on collision, unless the unthinkable happened and the bus careered all the way over to the opposing direction?! Now that's mind boggling!

• Like 1

The friendship highway has at least 4 lanes, i.e. 2 lanes in each direction all the way to Nong Khai. How could there be a head on collision, unless the unthinkable happened and the bus careered all the way over to the opposing direction?! Now that's mind boggling!

With Thai drivers the unthinkable happens far too often,along with the amazing,and "yes i can make it"

regards Worgeordie

• Like 2

Public buses are driving way to fast, same as other commercial vehicle like pick up truck. I completely approve the speed up check on the main road and if some people are not happy with that, the live saved totally justified them.

Btw, I find the big truck drivers very professional, always giving you information on the way ahead when you want to pass them. Credit should be given when credit is due.

• Like 2

Apparently they were traveling in the same direction. No head on collision.The truck was following too closely and was unable to stop when the bus driver braked.

Not unusual for some drivers. Failing to leave safe room to stop. Not mind boggling at all. TIT.

http://youtu.be/f9t9NcR9wck

Never seen traffic coming towards you in the wrong lane because the driver cannot be bothered to cross over and do the klm on the correct side and then cross back.....................i suppose? rolleyes.gif

This point is a known area for fatalities and bad bus driving. I recall some years ago, I was driving the exact road, circa 10pm. What I thought was a bus indicating to pull out, amongst a heavy flow of traffic behind it, wasn't infact pulling out. As I approached (doing 80Km/h of course) he only carried on pulling right, right in front of me. He was u-turning w00t.gif . If I hadn't had ABS I and my wife, and nephews in tow, would all be dead. I only managed to swerve around the front of the bus because I had ABS. (Oh! and incidentally, the only light I saw was the ruddy indicator... there were no other lights!)

The bus driving in this area is particularly idiotic.

We have to see the good part of story: no-one died. I'm happy cause this is a very small chance when the bus turns over like this.

Looks like a strong old bus. They'll probably give it a grease, check the brakes, roll it back over and drive it home.

Remarkable nobody was killed, indeed..... hopefully all the injured recover.

Be nice if the driver learnt how to drive.

Edited by neverdie

Apparently they were traveling in the same direction. No head on collision.The truck was following too closely and was unable to stop when the bus driver braked.

Not unusual for some drivers. Failing to leave safe room to stop. Not mind boggling at all. TIT.

Video Link results in only a message: "this video is private" Edited by Fookhaht

With Thai drivers the unthinkable happens far too often,along with the amazing,and "yes i can make it"

regards Worgeordie

wot u say? thai dlivet bet in word. Hab many akkiden buddha him make.

Never seen traffic coming towards you in the wrong lane because the driver cannot be bothered to cross over and do the klm on the correct side and then cross back.....................i suppose? rolleyes.gif

I certainly have, nearly every day in fact. However, in 99% of cases it involves motorcycles and bicycles, not large vehicles doing that. It turns out that according to another poster this wasn't a head on crash but rather a case of tailgating that went wrong, horribly wrong.

TomTom

It's just possible, I suppose, that the lorry was doing one of those swinging U turns. Given these buses seem to belt down the outside lane I wouldn't be at all surprised. I am always very cautios when approaching one of these U turns, as I'm sure others are.

Recent bus crashes in the general area over the last few months are very upsetting, particularly the one with the kids.

Public buses are driving way to fast, same as other commercial vehicle like pick up truck. I completely approve the speed up check on the main road and if some people are not happy with that, the live saved totally justified them.

Btw, I find the big truck drivers very professional, always giving you information on the way ahead when you want to pass them. Credit should be given when credit is due.

Big truck drivers are very professional. Cannot be talking about Thailand,

and at night with only one light working so you think it's a motorbike in the hard shoulder but really it's a pickup halfway in your lane.

We can read these stories for the next ten years and nothing will change. Tachographs in trucks and buses would be a start but how do you educate Thai drivers to abide by the rules?

Thailand, the bus crash hub of Asia ! come and experience the thrills. clap2.gif

I see an opportunity for remedial Driver Ed classes here; but instead of a guy standing up telling jokes for 2 hrs, Errant drivers must review and understand the traffic laws so they can past the test, if not, they are fired!

Yes credit to the truck driver in this case who,it turns out, was driving too fast and crashed into the rear of the bus overturning both vehicles.

Thailand, the bus crash hub of Asia ! come and experience the thrills. clap2.gif

Another original "hub" post!

Yes, come and experience the thrills of being a passenger on a bus that was rear-ended by a fast moving truck. Apart from being in the wrong place at the wrong time the bus had nothing to do with this accident, it could well have been any vehicle. You should have referred to this as a truck crash.

• Like 1

We have to see the good part of story: no-one died. I'm happy cause this is a very small chance when the bus turns over like this.

Looks like a strong old bus. They'll probably give it a grease, check the brakes, roll it back over and drive it home.

How would the bus drivers ability influence the effect of a speeding truck unexpectedly hitting the bus from behind?

Yes credit to the truck driver in this case who,it turns out, was driving too fast and crashed into the rear of the bus overturning both vehicles.

And perhaps texting or watching a Thai movie at the same time.

How would the bus drivers ability influence the effect of a speeding truck unexpectedly hitting the bus from behind?

I actually meant to type truck there but my old mind wrote bus. Anyway, I'll stick with Bus. One of the best ways to stay out of trouble when driving in LOS is to drive defensively, you need to watch them from all angles. It's amazing how many people don't look in mirrors and only look about 2 metres in front of their vehicles bonnet. Anyway, forgive me for my word slip :)