13 percent of Thai women between 15 to 49 tolerate domestic violence

webfact

I don't care what the reason is it is disgusting. I am of course reasoning that this is a multiple time thing not just a one time thing which is wrong also.

I wonder how many husbands are physically abused by their wife's. It does happen but no where near as much as the wife abuse.

I accept the customs of the country and do not try to change them but if I catch a husband doing it I will defiantly change his custom.

According to studies in the states 48% of all domestic violence is woman on man or wife on husband, for some organization to print statistics say that 13 to 40 something % is out and out bullshit, don't believe it

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say here some Thai gals really do go ott on their men both verbally and physically, then again its not like the Thai men arnt ready and willing with their fists either.

i was told when I married to "not be weak or afraid to hit my wife, Thai are not like farang and like a man to act like a man not woman" whistling.gif and this was from my Thai mother in law. Kinda freaked me out being told at the time lol

Although ive never hit my wife or gf I have slapped a woman in china who thought it was ok to kick my daughter aged 3 when I wasnt looking... no idea why she did it either, just as well it was me imo the wife would have probably battered her properly had she been there. So i cant say id never hit a woman as i most certainly would under certain circumstances.

Edited by englishoak

Domestic violence is tolerated by those who choose to remain in a co-dependent relationship,, for whatever reason. Fir/st time of abuse is enough to choose to leave, but no; for whatever reason, be it: lust, money,sex, empowerment, and etc. it is co-dependency that makes one stay in an abusive relationship. It is when it gets quite desperate that the stonger, and lesser dependent, chooses to get out. Unfortunately, that's often quite too late!

The worst thing about this report is that someone was paid to produce it. Simply a waste of time and ink.

As for the myriad of responses that there is no excuse for a man to strike a woman, I suggest that they have had rather shallow and protected lives. It all depends on the circumstances

The male chivalry syndrome is admirable in civilized society, however, there is a very big world out there which passed on chivalry.

Common Guys Hitting a woman regardless of the situation is just plain stupid and not called for. We are physically the stronger sex so why hit a woman They know we are stronger Does this prove your manhood If you think so then you are Buffalo

Its that simple

i am a sadist, my wife a masochist...

if she begs me "hit me"

i say "noooooooo" cheesy.gif

• Like 2

The percentage is way too high no matter what it is!

Have to agree. If 13% consider that they are allowed to be violated then thai society and education has a long way to go. In all honesty thou it does not suprise.

I have never understood domestic violence.

I love my wife, why would I purposely and intentionally hurt or damage someone that I love.

As Jimmy Carr said "It's just so stupid, isn't it? Beating your wife... I mean, it's your wife- it's like keying your own car!"

• Like 1

I don't care what the reason is it is disgusting. I am of course reasoning that this is a multiple time thing not just a one time thing which is wrong also.

I wonder how many husbands are physically abused by their wife's. It does happen but no where near as much as the wife abuse.

I accept the customs of the country and do not try to change them but if I catch a husband doing it I will defiantly change his custom.

Some interesting facts in this article,show that men are more victims of female violence than would be thought!

Having a background in welfare, I always found that it was easy to genderise, which caused many to focus more on the female experience to the extent that violence against men was not considered as part of the problem. This was a common practice when being educated; many times I found that I was the only male in some of my classes, I would ask that the gender be taken out of discussion so as not to develop biases. The other problem was that service provision was always to protect the women, with little or no service to protect the rights of the male.

The other factor I found was that many men were aware of violence but found it difficult in identifying it happening to them.

Reports like this are good but when approximately 50% of the population had no way to voice their experiences, the report carries a biases. I assume this was the case as it does not get a mention in the Nations report.

My point is not to trivailise attacks against women but to say that it is also a real problem for some men.

I've never hit a woman, but in Thailand I have come closer to knocking a few heads off than anywhere else on the planet. They just don't know when to shut up, and too many of them want to hit you as if trying to force a strike in return. There is something sick buried inside some of the women here.

Regardless of the percentage or usefulness of the poll, those that make fun or attempt to make light of this topic are indeed sad and lacking compassion. It may be, that some of those that do so are under the influence of some substance, liquid or otherwise.

Black and Blue me ! Quite a useless survey really and proves nothing. No comparisons and no relativity. I would think that actual physical abuse is much, much higher than that, even though it's not considered as being " tolerated." On the flip side of the coin, how many fellas get abused from their wives and partners ? At the end of the day, each to their own. If you like a peaceful relationship - then find and enjoy a peaceful relationship, if you prefer a volitile relationship - then find and enjoy a volatile relationship. If you like chips - eat chips, if you like salt - eat salt, if you like a smoke - have a smoke, if you like a drink - have a drink..........I don't see it's got anything to do with anybody else - so <deleted> em !!

Wow, threads like this really bring the misogynists out of the woodwork.

Well, yes, there is the 'black and white' world but what's being discussed here apart from the merits of the survey itself is the grey/gray areas; closer to the reality, I venture to suggest.

Over the years of having female staff there have been a few being battered by their husbands and boy friends n, normally arguments over money and playing around . The last one was a young girl the workers nick named Panda. The worst thing here is even if a man beats his wife or gf the police will not get involved.

May be that's why so many foreigners come to Thailand to find a wife - because Thai women didn't forget woman's role. the right for a physical violence in the family belongs to a man same as the right for psychological violence (manipulation by a sense of guilt and others) belongs to a woman. these two rights balance each other in a healthy society not contaminated by left-feminist propaganda.

feminist women loose on free sex market - western men choose not emancipated Thai women.

May be that's why so many foreigners come to Thailand to find a wife - because Thai women didn't forget woman's role. the right for a physical violence in the family belongs to a man same as the right for psychological violence (manipulation by a sense of guilt and others) belongs to a woman. these two rights balance each other in a healthy society not contaminated by left-feminist propaganda.

feminist women loose on free sex market - western men choose not emancipated Thai women.

I hope this was your last post ever...you seem me quite not emancipated you see...

• Like 1

I'm still trying to work out how they came up with a figure of 13% from the numbers displayed.

Anybody?

And how is a child of 15 a woman? bah.gif

Edit: Oh yes yes, the children between 15 and 18 with child are adult women, never abused and raped. They don't count. sad.png

27,000 participations in a survey, and they come up with 13%? B.S. : It's more like 40%, but in a survey people generally don't offer honest opinion when under observation!

Very poor study results!

They came up with 13% cos' some believe that 13 is an unlucky number. So 13% seemed appropriate.

When you say- "B.S. : Its more like 40%" ...

people in Patpong, Phuket & Pattaya may point out its more like 69% biggrin.png