Curfew may be lifted in Phuket and Pattaya

george

Look at Udon and Nong Khai, we get tons of tourists flowing through here, to cross the border at Nong Khai. Sometimes flying in later in the day, into Udon before arriving in Nong Khai. How do they manage? Basically, it would have to, by definition, include all the border crossing areas. Vientiane is one of the more popular places to get a double entry tourist visa...as well as other types

How many tourists do you think are crossing the border between midnight an 4 AM?

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

the curtain of curfew has been flapping in the breeze all along,

Yes, possibly bars aside (and I know for many TV regulars that's the only thing of importance in their lives), the curfew in Pattaya has certainly been less than rigidly enforced or observed by many. The ladies manning (or ladying) the food carts pretty much began pushing the envelope after the first night of curfew.

If I were Thai, this wouldn't be endearing me to the powers that be. In the little one soi village next to us the army rolls theough every night, ordering people home at 9pm. Small businesses are losing money, people are being dragooned in their own street. Meanwhile, got to keep the tourists happy. Whose country is it anyway?

I guess it all depends on where your village is and how many politically interestimg people live in the neighbourhood. The general's intel have been spot on so far. I sympathise that it must knock the social life a bit. The possible curfew lift in P & P shows he is not just a puritanical wowser with no regards for others' lifestyles. Stick with it. A better Thailand seems to be appearing.

Look at Udon and Nong Khai, we get tons of tourists flowing through here, to cross the border at Nong Khai. Sometimes flying in later in the day, into Udon before arriving in Nong Khai. How do they manage? Basically, it would have to, by definition, include all the border crossing areas. Vientiane is one of the more popular places to get a double entry tourist visa...as well as other types

How many tourists do you think are crossing the border between midnight an 4 AM?

And how many people could potentially be moving munitions or politically interesting shipments around. I reckon P & P will get it lifted before the red heartland.

This is good news as Pattaya is like a ghost town right now!

Also wondering when True will be allowed to transmit the news as Sofon already appears to be broadcasting it. Would also be nice to have the radio back again, even if it is only in Pattaya and Phuket.

Obviously zero. Your point is obvious. What about the businesses that support these people....bars/restaurants/7-11's....

I consider that tourists would want the option to go out for some noodles at 2am...or possibly a beer after midnight...just as they would do the same in Pattaya or Phuket.

Obviously zero. Your point is obvious. What about the businesses that support these people....bars/restaurants/7-11's....

I consider that tourists would want the option to go out for some noodles at 2am...or possibly a beer after midnight...just as they would do the same in Pattaya or Phuket.

The curfew should be managed with the consideration of public security, not tourist convenience.

• Like 1

I hope that they generally again abolish the 2am curfew in Thailand.
8-10 years ago the closing hour 2am were introduced from Taksin to make his police friends rich.
Thais love to party and socialize.
Tourists also want to have fun on vacation.
Good, if the entertainment centers would have open again around the clock.
Also a lot of money would come in again.

I love all these comments about sex tourism in Pattaya. Don't people realise that the main visitors to Pattaya are Chinese and Russian and these nationalities are not usually seen in beer bars or go-go bars, they're in Pattaya for other reasons. Of course there is sex tourism, the same as there is in Bangkok where the "Holier than though" preach from, but the vast demographic are not here to get their rocks off.

• Like 1

I love all these comments about sex tourism in Pattaya. Don't people realise that the main visitors to Pattaya are Chinese and Russian and these nationalities are not usually seen in beer bars or go-go bars, they're in Pattaya for other reasons. Of course there is sex tourism, the same as there is in Bangkok where the "Holier than though" preach from, but the vast demographic are not here to get their rocks off.

Maybe,

but I Wouldn't like to put my money on the results of a poll either way giggle.gif

No, they're there (see below) to fleece off the drunk tourists with drugs and scams under cover of darkness. IMO, probably more crime is committed between 12 and 4 am than at any other time period.

And I agree that my comments are subjective; I have met many Russians and Chinese who are genuine, polite and considerate. But tourist high spots tend to attract criminals because there's a ready market, and sex tourism is one.

• Like 1

Yeah, but can we have the telly back?

Sick to death of SyFy and Universal.

How many farang actually come to Thailand to " sit indoors watching TV " ...?? I must admit the curfew doesn't alter anything in my life of Living in Thailand.But then i dont drink or go to bars ( i got bored with that when i was a teenager ) I am here for the outside life of " Beaches,long walks and riding a bicycle " I must admit i was " strolling home " last night and walked through a massive army roadblock and the army were more than " friendly and very pleasant towards me " It's a pleasure to have them in town!

farang jaidee wai2.gif

I would imagine he is referring to those tourists who are staying in Udon for a night or so before crossing the border coffee1.gif

I hope that they generally again abolish the 2am curfew in Thailand.

8-10 years ago the closing hour 2am were introduced from Taksin to make his police friends rich.

Thais love to party and socialize.

Tourists also want to have fun on vacation.

Good, if the entertainment centers would have open again around the clock.

Also a lot of money would come in again.

Maybe, or maybe not.

You might recall he was having problems with his son at the time.

Another ill-conceived and poorly implemented Thaksin policy.

Another snowflake in Thaksin's blizzard of shame.

My best hopes, now reside..... For a change I guess, that they said it would be.... Guess it is still big money rolling...... So just maybe it is business as usual? coffee1.gifcoffee1.gifcoffee1.gif One can keep it quiet as requested, but the song remains the same, doesn't it? Two areas? The curfew may be lifted?

Good start, and poor finish, wow and it did not take long did it?

This is awful. It means the traffic in Pattaya will gridlock completely from Friday until Sunday when the BKK hordes descend upon us. Time to restock the fridge.

Good news for Pattaya and Live and Let Live.
  • Like 1