Tablet computer purchases suspended

webfact

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I am starting to like this junta more and more. .Rice payments to poor farmers, reforming the police, canceling these tablet schemes, infrastructure reviews....................... alt=wub.png>

These will be the last rice scheme payments the farmers will get. From now on they are on their own again.

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I am starting to like this junta more and more. .Rice payments to poor farmers, reforming the police, canceling these tablet schemes, infrastructure reviews....................... alt=wub.png>

These will be the last rice scheme payments the farmers will get. From now on they are on their own again.

I doubt that.

And considering the sorry state the rice market is in due to Thaksin's "policies" there's a good chance we could see Abhisit's rice subsidy plan in force soon.

• Like 2

Then they will join the poorest of the poor farmers who were not eligible for the scheme.

I doubt that.

And considering the sorry state the rice market is in due to Thaksin's "policies" there's a good chance we could see Abhisit's rice subsidy plan in force soon.

And I doubt that will ever happen. He and his ilk have had plenty of time to implement that when they were in power. But one can hope that the parties will now start kissing the asses of the voters. However this is Thailand we are talking about.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Edited by maxme

And you know that for sure .... how?

At least they got paid!

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Tell me asgain what help did they receive from the reds?

• Like 2

I doubt that.

And I doubt that will ever happen. He and his ilk have had plenty of time to implement that when they were in power. But one can hope that the parties will now start kissing the asses of the voters. However this is Thailand we are talking about.

The Dems did have a rice scheme.

• Like 1

They are turning out to be the Junta "dream team"

Tablet failure was always going to be scrapped if anyone else came in.

The stark contrast of seeing a school room outside Kalasin with no light in the room, no windows (just holes in the wall), a basic concrete box, yet all the students have a tablet of which 3 or 4 were broken was interesting to say the least. And when the batteries ran out they could not charge them at school due to a lack of outlets.

And most had no Internet connection.

this whole affair was clearly just to skim off tea money, nothing to do with educating the kids (typical in education ministry). Along same lines as those bomb detectors. No idea what to use them for, no intensive training of teachers on how to use them and integrate into lessons, seems no actual specs on what these shoud be able to do, and of course no quality control. For those that still happen to be operative, plus is that kid can play games while teacher is droning on, reading from some book, brooking no questions or discussion.

• Like 2

I doubt that.

The problem of kissing asses of voters is that someone has to pay for it all. Raising the VAT wont make the poor happy. The middlle incomes wont like to pay more income tax (and they should not). Money does not appear from thin air, someone needs to pay. A property tax might be it. But still not that much money will come from that.

That is the problem with populist policies.. they ruin the market and a country. The farmers are now worse of as before the rice scam. All is on the head of Taksin.

• Like 1

The free tablets which didn't happen in the main, is somewhat akin to the first "village fund" money introduced under Thaksin.

In the Thaksin scheme, many bought mobile phones only to realise they could not afford the monthly fees to make calls.

With tablets, an internet connection is needed, and that costs extra money which many cannot afford.

Look around the villages though...There is no shortage of tablets and smart phones with the kids. No need for a government scheme!

The village fund was a brilliant scheme as many of the recipients gladly went about buying handphones & motorbikes from those in power at the time. IMO this was policy corruption on a grand scale.

this whole affair was clearly just to skim off tea money, nothing to do with educating the kids (typical in education ministry). Along same lines as those bomb detectors. No idea what to use them for, no intensive training of teachers on how to use them and integrate into lessons, seems no actual specs on what these shoud be able to do, and of course no quality control. For those that still happen to be operative, plus is that kid can play games while teacher is droning on, reading from some book, brooking no questions or discussion.

There's nothing wrong with newer technology but it needs to be used correctly and of sufficient quality. Like many of the PTP schemes the the basic idea was OK but the implementation was poor. You may well be right about the skimming of money.

• Like 2