military at immigration

I was told yesterday (sat) that the military is sitting in the chairs at the Korat office instead of the regular people. I was there this Tuesday and everything was normal and another said he was there Wed. and everything normal. But a long time retiree said when he when Thru it was all military in uniform and it took him over an hr to get his extension.

Hopefully somebody that has been to immigration before would be aware that the immigration police officers do wear uniforms. Even officers at the airport and border crossings wear uniforms.

Since when immigration offices are opening on Saturday?!?

It does not really say that it was Saturday just that he was told on Saturday it may have been a previous day. There are some outreach programs on Saturdays like the one they used to have in ChiangRai until the new office was built.

Edited by harrry

Since when immigration offices are opening on Saturday?!?

Nothing here says anthing about Saturday. There are some outreach programs on Saturdays like the one they used to have in ChiangRai until the new office was built.

Sorry... Misreading the op

The OP said THUR, Thursday< not Saturday. Teachers even wear uniforms, usually on Monday, some with more "i was there" ribbons than some of then generals!

• Like 2

I know the workers are police. I have seen and know this. As I said all was normal Tuesday. The person that reported this to meis a long time resident (12 years)and knows the difference between police and military uniforms. Again, I did not see this myself. I was wondering if anyone else could confirm or if it was happening at other offices.

Maybe your friend thinks that this gentleman is from the military?

phuketnews_Immigration_Bureau_Commission

No! He is the boss of Thailands Immigration Police.

A unit under supervision of the national police organisation.

Similar in Khon Kaen, sometimes they have leisure wear, last time they were in uniform.

Maybe Mr. P. has ordered all servants to wear uniform?

And forbidding silly civilans to wear camouflage shirts (as read in the news) tongue.png

Edited by KhunBENQ

Not anymore. He's been transferred.

Oops. Hard to follow all the transfers these days.

<political comment removed>

Thanks for the update.

Edited by ubonjoe

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I know the workers are police. I have seen and know this. As I said all was normal Tuesday. The person that reported this to meis a long time resident (12 years)and knows the difference between police and military uniforms. Again, I did not see this myself. I was wondering if anyone else could confirm or if it was happening at other offices.

Certainly not saying it didn't happen, but thinking logically, while we at times think that extending a stay, even getting a re-entry visa or 90 day reporting can appear to be a comedy of errors, it is quite a complicated process.

For the army to take over the duties of the immigration department would call for intensive training to ensure it worked.

Still, that said, it could be a good time to ask for your 15 year extension to your tourist visa in Korat.........................tongue.png

Hopefully somebody that has been to immigration before would be aware that the immigration police officers do wear uniforms. Even officers at the airport and border crossings wear uniforms.

Are ther any emplyees in Thailand who don't wear uniforms of some sort? I am saying this a bit light heartedly.

The OP said THUR, Thursday< not Saturday. Teachers even wear uniforms, usually on Monday, some with more "i was there" ribbons than some of then generals!

Tuesday and Wednesday aren't Thursday.

Obviously you didn't go back and read the OP: "But a long time retiree said when he when Thru it was all military in uniform and it took him over an hr to get his extension".

He said they were in military uniforms on Thru which I take to be his screwed up abbreviation for Thursday!!!.

Edited by wayned

Maybe because a lot of teachers have seen more 'combat' action than generals. smile.png

• Like 2

Tuesday and Wednesday aren't Thursday.

Obviously you didn't go back and read the OP: "But a long time retiree said when he when Thru it was all military in uniform and it took him over an hr to get his extension".

He said they were in military uniforms on Thru which I take to be his screwed up abbreviation for Thursday!!!.

I think the use of THRU in this instance is an abbreviation of through, the mistake appeared in the use of WHEN instead of went. Went thru........

But at the end of the day, does it really matter?

OK, since no one else has seen this. I'm going to say he was very mistaken about his observation. I thought that if it were true that maybe the military might be planning to make some changes or they were taking a closer look at those foreigners living here.

On a side note. When I went in on Tues, my letter from the bank was refused because they left out one word. I could not understand their translation of the word but I had to go back to the bank to get another. The bank (Bangkok Bank) said it was the letter they always wrote but immigration wrote on the original what had to be changed and they wrote me another one.