All new nissan navara june 11

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I saw 6-7 of them in the convoy today....man,this 'baby shit' color looks bad... tongue.pnglaugh.png

Saw one today on a transporter heading south from Chiang Mai (nobody wanted it?). That colour is awful. Nothing like the publicity shots ( same with Ford's Chilli orange). Hideous is an understatement xsick.gif.pagespeed.ic.tVTSNn-2vr.png

I saw 6-7 of them in the convoy today....man,this 'baby shit' color looks bad... tongue.pnglaugh.png

Saw one today on a transporter heading south from Chiang Mai (nobody wanted it?). That colour is awful. Nothing like the publicity shots ( same with Ford's Chilli orange). Hideous is an understatement xsick.gif.pagespeed.ic.tVTSNn-2vr.png

all the orange colours suck except in a setting sun, expecially the XV - flat orange, looks great in black though.

hard to go wrong with white or black

All-New-Nissan-Navara-2014-GrandOpenning

The new twilight grey looks nice a bit like the vigo grey but lighter

All-New-Nissan-Navara-NP300-2014-9.jpg

all the orange colours suck except in a setting sun, expecially the XV - flat orange, looks great in black though.

hard to go wrong with white or black

All-New-Nissan-Navara-2014-GrandOpenning

The new twilight grey looks nice a bit like the vigo grey but lighter

Those "chrome" add ons around the door handles always look SO cheap & nasty. Why do people do it?

Friend of mine picked up his PJS from the dealer, & they were already added. He complained, & the dealer said "they're free" laugh.png

I would've walked away & found another dealer....

Change your avatar. Makes it look like you think the colour is cool w00t.gif

Change your avatar. Makes it look like you think the colour is cool w00t.gif

Soon as I can find a black one :)

Sent from my LG-P970 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Apparently there was a launch function at the X Centre in Mae Rim.

Here's one for you bkkjames:

http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mellor.nsf/story2/21BA27A71D135960CA257D260016A69C

Related to an earlier discussion we had about engines smile.png

yea, if it happens, we wont see it in this part of the world me thinks.

Well, if history repeats, no we won't see it here in TH. But... who knows... with the 2016 Excise tax changes planned here, a larger, greener engine might just make business sense after all... it's also possible that's when we'll see the 2.3L engine here too BTW - but until the actual 2016 legislation passes and the CO2 tax thresholds are locked in stone, it's anyone's guess.

According to the nation, the ride is so smooth it would be suitable for a pregnant woman (!) and the steering has a car like precision, but the bangkok post says the complete opposite : too rigid chassis, less comfortable ride than competitors and bad steering, vague at the corners... w00t.gif

Paultan's review seems more like the nation's one. Interesting to know that Thailand won't get the new rear multipoint suspension for tax reasons.

According to the nation, the ride is so smooth it would be suitable for a pregnant woman (!) and the steering has a car like precision, but the bangkok post says the complete opposite : too rigid chassis, less comfortable ride than competitors and bad steering, vague at the corners... w00t.gif

Paultan's review seems more like the nation's one. Interesting to know that Thailand won't get the new rear multipoint suspension for tax reasons.

Not surprised by either review - especially the 2nd one as he appears to only like hot new cars that we can't get here lol

Less comfortable than competitors - I find that hard to believe but I have only driven a new mazda and chevy and how to say, they ride no better than my current truck which is the old version.

Agreed though about the rear suspension, how much difference in tax are we talking? I mean if the truck top model costs a million baht all in I would bet if one could get the multi point suspension for say 50 or 75k in tax more, many would go for it...

Not surprised by either review - especially the 2nd one as he appears to only like hot new cars that we can't get here lol

Less comfortable than competitors - I find that hard to believe but I have only driven a new mazda and chevy and how to say, they ride no better than my current truck which is the old version.

Agreed though about the rear suspension, how much difference in tax are we talking? I mean if the truck top model costs a million baht all in I would bet if one could get the multi point suspension for say 50 or 75k in tax more, many would go for it...

2-door pickups are taxed at 3%, 4-doors @ 12%. If they don't fit the rules, 30-50%. Big difference.

BKK James (or anyone else who has enquired recently), have you been given any ideas on waiting lists? Looking to put an order in this month.

Yes I will go and ask myself but on hols in the UK at the moment.

Thanks

Sorry don't know but deliveries were supposed to start Aug 3.

Sent from my LG-P970 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

Looking at the spec, how is it possible that in the double cab version only 1 model is available with leather seats, and even is a manual.

Look again Jesse smile.png

I downloaded the spec PDF file, and it shows me in double cab only the calibre VL 6 MT has leather seat/door trim. All the others have cloth material listed.

I drove the old navara from udon to rayong and back

Only got praise for it.

Comfortable seats loads of power very smooth.

Not even tired or aching after.

Hopefully the new one can improve on that.

And I drove the normal one. Not the 4X4 with 178 bhp.

For a pick up. It's fantastic.

Pity it's a boxy ugly thing. As gf told me.

I thought it was beautiful

Looking at the spec, how is it possible that in the double cab version only 1 model is available with leather seats, and even is a manual.

Look again Jesse smile.png

I downloaded the spec PDF file, and it shows me in double cab only the calibre VL 6 MT has leather seat/door trim. All the others have cloth material listed.

Jesse I think you will find that cloth is listed as standard except in certain models like the one you mentioned and the top of the line 4x4 dc at which are leather.