Curfew lifted in Pattaya, Samui, Phuket

webfact

coffee1.gif I stayed in a Pattaya beach hotel over the weekend. The large hotel had only a few western tourists and had cut back on all services. The customary buffet was replaced with a meager breakfast with one cup of bad coffee. Other restaurants have cut their portion size. The bars had few customers and not a Thai customer in sight. I don't see how the personnel can go back to their village farms as an option. The farms are mechanized with no help needed. So, folks, admit it-you need us 'farangs' to make a living. Be nice to us.wai2.gif

• Like 1

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the Boom Boom industry now back in full flow I predict a noticeable lull amongst pro coup TV posters as they nip out to the local beer bar to spend their pension which will have just arrived at the start of the month.

You naughty little Fenian cynic you!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

slipperylobster, on 03 Jun 2014 - 17:45, said:

sex wins again

What a small minded comment. You obviously have not touted around these tourist spots much where there are many families, couples and business people.

But they're in bed by midnight anyway...

• Like 1

will they let us hear the English language radio stations again and watch the BBC, CNN etc news on tv?

Fantastic news (finally!). CNN, BBC have been back on Thai TV since last night.

General Sir.....thank you once again for the helping hand with News channels....everything is back to normal here.

Thats 2 favours I owe you...thumbsup.gif

slipperylobster, on 03 Jun 2014 - 17:45, said:

sex wins again

What a small minded comment. You obviously have not touted around these tourist spots much where there are many families, couples and business people.

But they're in bed by midnight anyway...

and thanks for that...(small minded lol) The only places open at 4am are the sexy gogos

How about Bangkok, please Mr General!

Is anyone in Bangkok paying any attention to it? The bars in Soi Cowboy have been rocking till well after 1am.

I heard that, I've been getting the last mrt train back to my apartment, I'll have to check out if Narz is open late this weekend.

and what about your annoying thai wife ????

Will all the 'do-gooders', bible thumpers, etc. please just go to sunday school and leave normal people alone with your preaching. If you don't like sex or booze, that is your problem and your choice, go consult a god somewhere and pray your little hearts out. I don't need you christian taliban to tell me how to live my life, had enough of that growing up in the southern baptist church. Good that the general dropped the curfew in at least a few places, as soon as there is more confidence in 'peace' other places will have the curfew lifted and many of us will welcome it, Thais included.

Well said, that man! You tell 'em bro.

PS can I play "Lady in Red" again soon. Aah, Chris de Burgh; those were the days when music was music.

What about CM for <deleted> sake

A hotbed of violence and arms caches under every tree, at least 6 to 12 months.

You obviously have no clue what ya talking about nothing going on in CM, and no reason for the Curfew

• Like 1

Why do people always start screaming about sex and booze as soon as pattaya is mentioned? Simple question, would you take your family on your annual vacation to a place where the government insists you must be safely locked in your room by midnight or you will be arrested?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

do family tourists really need restaurants to be open all night ?

oh i see, the hooker, drugs entertainment venues have to be open all night to serve their customers...

so george with his satiric article was right with the prioritities

Yes they do ! I went to Istanbul with my girlfriend. Spent the day visiting mosques and markets etc. evening back to room to relax. About 8pm went out for a meal. Then for a nice drink to meet friends. Then a romantic walk along the banks if the bosphorus. Probably got back to the hotel about 2:30. It is meant to be a holiday. No one wants to be threatens with prison if they leave their hotel!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

What about CM for <deleted> sake

You might want to move down South. CM is "red" territory and therefore will be one of the last places to stop the curfew.

it's not 'red' here but 'dead'

girls complaining about no customers in the bars (so my friend tells me whistling.gif ).

Chinese driving us all crazy with their insistence of driving around as if in Tienanmen Square and Army parked at Thaepe Gate looking for 'Three Fingered Salute's' *sigh* coffee1.gif

If you do not live in those areas -- who cares?

I don't.

The surface of the street is exactly the same. The cops still ask for bribes when they let 500 Thais go by with no helmets and pull you over. The immigration still lets education visa students teach here illegally. The rare timber is still being cut down (by both sides). The Issan girls are still for sale (by both sides). The budget of the ex-government is now duplicated and declared as a new idea. Suddenly, the rice farmers are being paid (the money never existed before the junta, but it suddenly appeared because of Saint Ammart). Suddenly there are raids -- not against yellow conspirators (because we all know such people do not exist), but only against those Toxin Thaksinista puppet government ear medicine Skype using baggage-buying Sandmen thugs.

YAWN.

• Like 1

How about Bangkok, please Mr General!

Is anyone in Bangkok paying any attention to it? The bars in Soi Cowboy have been rocking till well after 1am.

I heard that, I've been getting the last mrt train back to my apartment, I'll have to check out if Narz is open late this weekend.

and what about your annoying thai wife ????

I'm sure she will be annoying, but with banging trance going on, I'll be distracted.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Great news ! The bags under my eyes were beginning to go thanks to the Boom Bar on Pattaya 3rd road closing before 7am. Now I can lie in bed at 3am and enjoy staring at the ceiling again listening to the music and screams of the drunk patrons.

Awww! My heart bleeds for you! huh.png.pagespeed.ce.6VcCaNwNXg.png

Feel free to move! There are plenty of quiet places to reside, even in South Pattaya.

Great news ! The bags under my eyes were beginning to go thanks to the Boom Bar on Pattaya 3rd road closing before 7am. Now I can lie in bed at 3am and enjoy staring at the ceiling again listening to the music and screams of the drunk patrons.

One can chose where to live, I bought a home just outside Pattaya just so I wouldn't have to put up with noise, racing motorbikes and drunk bar patrons fighting or peeing on my lawn. Friends who have visited sometime complain its too quite , I say hop in car be down on Walking Street in 12--13 mins.

For you, that's the price you pay for wanting to be right near the action.

Edited by Tony125

If you do not live in those areas -- who cares?

I don't.

The surface of the street is exactly the same. The cops still ask for bribes when they let 500 Thais go by with no helmets and pull you over. The immigration still lets education visa students teach here illegally. The rare timber is still being cut down (by both sides). The Issan girls are still for sale (by both sides). The budget of the ex-government is now duplicated and declared as a new idea. Suddenly, the rice farmers are being paid (the money never existed before the junta, but it suddenly appeared because of Saint Ammart). Suddenly there are raids -- not against yellow conspirators (because we all know such people do not exist), but only against those Toxin Thaksinista puppet government ear medicine Skype using baggage-buying Sandmen thugs.

YAWN.

Hang on! Hang on! I thought Mr Suthep had all the thugs There was a lot of reference to it on TVF from quite a large number of posters, most of whom seem to have suddenly vanished for some reason a couple of weeks ago. Funny that, eh?