Fixed Interest Deposit Account Acceptable for Ret. Extension?

moonseeker

Yes.

The requirement is that the money should be available immediately if needed. Most time deposits fit this description even though you may have some sort of interest rate penalty if you withdraw before the end of the fixed period. Just watch out for the rare accounts on which you cant withdraw early under any circumstances.

Probably taking it out of Sterling account (or $ account),to a Baht account. Sterling has appreciated over the last 12 months approaching 20%,no way would interest in Baht account match that.

Baht could go anyway,but with ever mounting problems I would not like to chance it. Chewing my way through the 800.000,do the visa by income letter next time

I had 500,000 in a fixed term deposit with Bangkok Bank, plus a current account of around 400,000. I just got a letter from the bank and there was no problem at Immigration. I guess the bank just combined the two.

I had 500,000 in a fixed term deposit with Bangkok Bank, plus a current account of around 400,000. I just got a letter from the bank and there was no problem at Immigration. I guess the bank just combined the two.

What sort of interest rates are going for fixed terms?

They would not accept my friends fixed account to renew his retirement visa the said funds had to be available for three months prior to applying.So had to get finance letter from US Embasy.

So they would not accept because the money was not seeded - not because it was a fixed account?

I was always told by both the bank and immigration staff, that a fixed deposit is not acceptible. Money has to be in a current account to be deemed accessible.

However, having said that, I met several guys who seemed to be able to manage it. They all had their money in Bangkok Bank. Strange you think ?

I was always told by both the bank and immigration staff, that a fixed deposit is not acceptible. Money has to be in a current account to be deemed accessible.

I gave the reason why a fixed deposit is acceptable in post number 2. I also gave the reason why some (rare) fixed deposit accounts may not be acceptable.

However, having said that, I met several guys who seemed to be able to manage it. They all had their money in Bangkok Bank. Strange you think ?

I manage it with Kbank and TMB.

I was always told by both the bank and immigration staff, that a fixed deposit is not acceptible.

Money has to be in a current account to be deemed accessible.

I know guys who renew their extension with a 800'000 baht fixed deposit at KasikornBank.

It's an absolutely-no-problem at Jomtien Immigration smile.png

Just read again what KittenKong posted. I think he said all about fixed deposit in this case.