NACC sets up panel to investigate assets of Yingluck, former ministers related to rice scheme

webfact

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They should also probe the assets of the General.

Why? He has only been seen doing admirable duty.

You, on the other hand, have broken the law with your statement. Don't think they cannot track you through your computer.

What a delightful atmosphere on this forum.............................

• Like 2

They should also probe the assets of the General.

Generals are not in accusation here, just YL and two of her former deputy. This trio was indict in the scandal of rice scheme. It's just following of this investigation. A lot of money disappear, tons of rices disappear too. The 2 former deputy were indict for corruption..... where's the money ?

Just remind you that YL and PT/UDD stole a lot of farmer, 16 of them commit suicide because they believe lie from PT/UDD

I think perhaps you get-up from a long hibernation and you not follow news from Thailand since few years........

This is very good news, running the country military style and cleaning very swiftly while controlling the newspapers is a wonderful thing, it reminds me of that guy who used to be a natioal hero...how was his name? Taxi or toxy....Tathsin? Can't remember. Anyway congratulations I am sure the new era will be a great success.wai.gif

Along with all the vailed accusations, would someone please explain how the corruption was presumed to work? How was it manipulated? Where and how was the money being syphoned off? Thanks

You won't get much joy there. Most opinion on corruption on this forum is of the "every one knows" persuasion. "Every one knows Yingluck stole money from the Rice Subsidy Scheme", "everyone knows the PTP have been emptying out the treasury", "every one knows..................." - you get the idea coffee1.gif

There are allegations of G2G deals (they could sell cheaper to an other government but not to normal buyers) being fake.. meaning rice was bought by someone close to the Shins and then resold into the program.

There are allegations of rice from Cambodia going into the Thai rice program

And its quite possible YL would have gotten a cut from these fraudulent deals.

• Like 1

looks like her brother will be expecting some guests to hide in exile with him soon.

Yingluck is not allowed to leave Thailand.

Unless she could get her brother's American lawyer to come with a valid excuse to leave the country. Maybe something like, "Ms Yingluck has indicated she would like the opportunity to go to Rio to support the Thailand team at the Soccerball World Series."

All sounds very plausible to me. smile.png

• Like 1

........it's about time........

(,,,when a certain Thai person told me that......'someone'........flew to H.K. with 12 pieces of luggage....and returned with only 4 pieces....I said 'impossible...)

....maybe we will learn otherwise......for the sake of Thailand and the Thai People......

• Like 1

You have to appreciate the timeliness of charges against Yingluck where there is no constitution, no independent courts other than the military court, and all administrative organizations that still exist fall under the purview of the junta. She will predictably be found guilty and impeached.

That entire family are presumed to be corrupt. And how many high ranking members of the cabinet, or ministers are also? But what else is new? How many countries in the world have honest politicians at a national level? Nearly all US politicians are corrupt. Even if they do not accept cash bribes, how can the lobbying system in place be considered anything other than institutionalized corruption? It would sure be nice to see come very high level people spending some time in jail, like they do in Malaysia, Vietnam, Indonesia, China, India, and other countries that have a system with a modicum of law and order. One of the primary issues here is the weakness of the judiciary. There are few judges in this country with courage, it appears.

• Like 1

As I have said before , anything to do with any programme the PTP were involved with , not only the rice scheme, should be investigated bah.gif

Yes and Suthep and his "shady" land deals and Palm Oil scams. Truth would tell that he is probably the most corrupt of them all.

Her face in the photo does not look like it did when she controlled power.

Little stressed and worried

Maybe trying to think of a way to get out of the country .

Bet the military now likely is watching her every move

Along with all the vailed accusations, would someone please explain how the corruption was presumed to work? How was it manipulated? Where and how was the money being syphoned off? Thanks

You won't get much joy there. Most opinion on corruption on this forum is of the "every one knows" persuasion. "Every one knows Yingluck stole money from the Rice Subsidy Scheme", "everyone knows the PTP have been emptying out the treasury", "every one knows..................." - you get the idea coffee1.gif

There are allegations of G2G deals (they could sell cheaper to an other government but not to normal buyers) being fake.. meaning rice was bought by someone close to the Shins and then resold into the program.

Also possible is the rice that never was, phantom rice if you like. The rice is not missing it was simply never there, but paid for to someone? I guess you could call it weight watchers rice, eat as much as you like and never get fat.

I agree, but pictures can be selected to show something. If all the pictures look like this your on to something. But yes I am sure she is worried.

I bet she is cursing the amnesty for her brother that caused it all. Instead of getting him of the hook its costing her and the rest of the PTP.

• Like 1

Also possible is the rice that never was, phantom rice if you like. The rice is not missing it was simply never there, but paid for to someone? I guess you could call it weight watchers rice, eat as much as you like and never get fat.

Chalerm " There is no fake rice only fake farmers asking for their money to be paid"

And when the General has finished investigating the politicians, will he then start on his fellow Army officers and top police officers............i doubt it, too many skeletons in that cupboard ! w00t.gif

In my opinion, they are ALL tarred with the same brush, probably with two exceptions...Yingluck and Abshit ! coffee1.gif

Edited by oldsailor35

Should not be too difficult to investigate as there will be paper trials but not so the unaccountable & unrecorded donations to Suthep and it's no chicken feed.

Sure, that's why I wrote that all should rejoice in Ms. Yingluck and others getting the fair chance to show their innocence.

As for the Suthep chickenfeed, a few million donated cash certainly needs the undivided attention rather than the 500,000,000,000 Baht somewhat officially lost and showing tendencies to reach the minor figure of only 1,000,000,000,000.

I agree, but pictures can be selected to show something. If all the pictures look like this your on to something. But yes I am sure she is worried.

I bet she is cursing the amnesty for her brother that caused it all. Instead of getting him of the hook its costing her and the rest of the PTP.

This is the most patently true thing (from my limited perspective) I've read here. I don't particularly like Thaksin and he put a lot of people under the bus with the amnesty bill. What's going down with the indictment of Yingluck is murky at best - the corruption is thick, both sides, and the 'reporting' is a Machiavellian joke. Controlled news bites. One day we may have a better picture of what is really transpiring. I hope so.

jphantom, on 06 Jun 2014 - 08:12, said:snapback.png

Here are some of the ways

Corrupt Rice Millers wrote out false pledges when there was no rice then they cashed in the pledge to themselves and split the money with PTP

Rice grown in Myanmar, Laos and Cambodia was smuggled across the border with complicit Thai officials and then pledged at the much higher Thai price and profits were split.

Corrupt Rice Millers took rice from the warehouses and resold it to other millers and split the profits - there were several fires to hide the missing rice.

Government to Government deals with officials on both sides splitting the profits

Theft of rice from warehouses while nobody was looking as they were paid not to see.

Rice Millers deducted money for moisture content and the farmers couldn't argue tell the farmer it has 20% when it is only 10% and keep the profit

How could this blatant theft have been organised by Thaksin ?

Many of Thailand's exports, eg rice, tin, rubber, and timber were/are under Thai-Chinese control and we all know the background of the " Chinawatras ".

• Like 2

Should not be too difficult to investigate as there will be paper trials but not so the unaccountable & unrecorded donations to Suthep and it's no chicken feed.

OH please, not again, do you stutter as well???

• Like 2

As I have said before , anything to do with any programme the PTP were involved with , not only the rice scheme, should be investigated bah.gif

Yes and Suthep and his "shady" land deals and Palm Oil scams. Truth would tell that he is probably the most corrupt of them all.

Ha Ha OH Please another one, I had a distant relative who was corrupt do you want his name ???

• Like 1

I would remind THAIVISA that the headline you used in your e-mail "Yingluck to be investigated over rice swindle" is actually libelous since nothing's been proven yet that it was actually a "swindle."

And I'm sure you're well aware of the loosy-goosy CRIMINAL libel laws in Thailand as I doubt you have a real journalist on your staff that would know these things.

Try to be more professional.

They should look into the 1 student 1 tablet scheme as well, see how much dirt will come up from that program

and the "have a cheap car because we're such an amazing country" scheme, too?

R