Whats up with Thai ladies getting married to much older men?

michaeltheR

some western women also marry (generally wealthier) older guys, but obviously happens more in asia

there are various reasons (less cultural focus on "love" in marriage, gender inequality in education and career opportunities, lack of social welfare system, etc)

it was more common in western countries (for similar reasons) around 100 years ago

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Old Geoffrey must of been a graduate of Thailand because he know how to hook the young ones, and why not, he's only going to die a sad old bloke so he might as well spend his millions on them. I'll take a leaf out of his book any day when it comes to the woman.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geoffrey_Edelsten

Brynne the Ex wife, but he's hooked up with something better by media reports.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brynne_Edelsten

THAILAND CANT REALLY BE COMPARED

to the west,

it is too small, mostly under developed

and highly unstable

women have options in the US, and can make a shit ton of money without selling their bodies

the normal thai female, can generate a thousand a month, tops, without a professional,

american girls can make a thousand a week serving drinks, in one night in many places, 4-5 nights in others

• Like 1

the OP states ...

Just noticed in the news the marriage of some superstar getting married to a man twice her age. Happens quite often I heard in Asian cultures especially in Thailand. I just wonder why women prefer the companion ship of more senior gentlemen. The women argue that the older gentlemen are more settled down and serious about a relationship than people under 40. Any thoughts on this?

What is the referance to Thailand?

Lets not make the assumptions.

OP ... care to say or referance this ... "superstar getting married to a man twice her age"?

"Happens quite often I heard in Asian cultures" ... really ... any statistics?

"especially in Thailand" ... really ... any statistics?

"The women argue that the older gentlemen are more settled down and serious about a relationship than people under 40"... do they?

"any thoughts" ... sure ... coffee1.gif

Heh heh....

Try the Philippines...

On the Thai dating sites, the gals usually want a guy within a decade of their age.

On the Philippine sites, it's mostly 18-99.

I think the OP is jealous of the old guys who can afford to attract the hotties with their fat wallets.

Human nature = Men follow aesthetics and women follow security.

No matter how social engineering tries to change human nature, it will mostly fail.

• Like 1

I saw a TV show in Germany many years ago about women who marry older men. They said older men are usually finished with running around, older men are ready to settle down and older men APPRECIATE them. Having been married 20 years I think they are on to something which means I am also guilty of not appreciating.

• Like 2

I saw a TV show in Germany many years ago about women who marry older men. They said older men are usually finished with running around, older men are ready to settle down and older men APPRECIATE them. Having been married 20 years I think they are on to something which means I am also guilty of not appreciating.

A smart woman will tell you what you want to hear.

• Like 2

married 20 years,

nuff said

Heh heh....

Try the Philippines...

On the Thai dating sites, the gals usually want a guy within a decade of their age.

On the Philippine sites, it's mostly 18-99.

I think the OP is jealous of the old guys who can afford to attract the hotties with their fat wallets.

Human nature = Men follow aesthetics and women follow security.

No matter how social engineering tries to change human nature, it will mostly fail.

thanks god, for the aesthetics part,

after being back in the states 2 months, leaving behind a 32 year old stunner,'

I want to throw up every time I go to the store

and the beach? ugh, 1 of every 100 is worth a second look and she is usually with a plate head

• Like 1

I have theory: Older guys have a nicer tummy : well rounded ;) Makes the gals look like they are good cooks.

Ok, but better than assuming we are a bit older we don't like to look at other women. The nice thing about 20 year younger women, the older i get, the more they stay the same.

Females and males are not looking for the same thing in a relationship. I am often surprised how clueless guys usually are when it comes to what females wants, they automatically assumes it is the same thing they themselves is looking for, which usually is wrong.

• Like 2

The reality is; Thai girl has Thai boyfriend. Thai girl gets pregnant; Thai boyfriend disappears. The child is raised by the girl's mother or aunt or older sisters, whatever. Girl goes to work to pay for the kids upbringing. Result: no man in the child's life so girl's grow up needing a father figure. Work's for me.

• Like 2

The old guy with the hottie I find is regularly rare here, unless he has something going for him - money, style or more likely a mixture of both.

Because a good looking girl can find a younger guy with money easily.

So if a looker is staying with an old fart like me for an extended period of time,I find she genuinely has feeling for the guy and they enjoy a 'honeymoon' period just like everybody else.

Yes the age gap longer term can cause conflict.

But whilst in the honeymoon period, the girl gets a lot more appreciation from the guy and his less likely to be a butterfly than a younger guy.

​Some thing a distraught Thai girl just broken up with her Thai butterfly boyfriend appreciates, more than most of us can imagine.

and so speaks the doormat

Yeah never happens in non-asian countries rich men never end up with younger women it is exclusively an Asian thing. Troll troll troll your boat.....cheesy.gif

Complete and utter rubbish. What country do you come from?