shirts to fit farang

opalred

ever notice sizes of cloths different i were xl or xxl in oz depends on brand but here try largest t shirt xxxl equal to large

so no longer buy went back to oz every year before and bought clobber but havent been back now for 3yrs so shirts getting into

fashion holes and stains blending into village without 2nd look shoes have solved problem can buy size 10 but narrow in toe

area now buy rubber sandels and cut big toe joint or gout area out of sandel very comfy also to my nz friends can keep your

feet comfy to by cutting out other side of sandel to fit 6th toe cheers

Just use a tailor and get some shirts made.

What I've done in the past is take a good fitting shirt into them, select some fabrics and just tell them to copy it.

They will do this in a few days and it's not expensive unless you go with the expensive hard to iron fabric.

• Like 2

Export shop or called Export 71 in Chiangmai has stock overruns of western producers. Have to search a little sometimes or go there often, but have everything you need. You can find them as stand alone shops or in some malls.

You guys could always try losing a bit of weight.

There is only one size difference between Asian and Western sizes.

(XL Asian = L Western)

Sizes across the countries are arbitrary.

Nit I do disagree that "There is only one size difference between Asian and Western sizes.

(XL Asian = L Western)"

My experience is that the disparity is much more then that.

I'd like to know where you can buy shoes larger than size 45 here. When I go into a shoe store here the first thing I ask is if they have size 48. They usually just laugh and shake their head.

In my experience here with clothes, most run two sizes smaller that U.S. sizes. I have American "L" shirts that are bigger than Thai XXL's, same with underwear.

I see quite a few plus size Thai men and guys with big feet. I wonder where they buy their clothes and I'm surprised that since there's obviously a market, why there aren't larger sizes available in stores.

Custom shirts are cheap here and the selection of fabrics is good, faster and easier than buying online from Eddie Bauer or Gander Mountain or other stores that ship internationally.

Nobody has said yet: about how much does it cost to get a custom-made shirt?

I buy XL shirts even though I don't think I'm XL. They fit me around the torso well enough but the collar is way too tight if I button it. I use collar extenders. If I buy a 2XL, the collar fits but I'm swimming in the shirt.

Edited by attrayant

I notice a big size difference in the clothes.........@ but equally only like to wear shorts and a vest top. I take the elastic out of the shorts and use a lace and cut bigger slits in the vests so that they are not tight. Open back rubber spangles from Tesco and away

I go. The good thing is no one actually thinks you look strange ? I won't win any fashion prizes, but who cares, it's far to hot to be concerned with such trivial matters ! Shower fully clothed and I'm dressed for the morning!

These 'Export' and 'XL' even some of these Factory Outlet shops have many big clothes..... often seen shirts and T-Shirts 6 XL !! Pants, trousers, shorts up to 60" ........ DO try them on 1st before buying, I have many 2XL and some 3XL + 1x T-Shirt I like size 4XL which depends on shop where bought are all the same size. found out years ago here do not go on what the label says

Made to measure are very cheap here....... remember also here there are lot of people doing sewing, if something need to be taken in cost all of 25 - 30 baht.

Shoes yep do find a problem, just keep looking, Look at the shoe/sandals rather than the size stamp, I take size 47 yet present sandals are stamped 45, shoes never looked for as still have 4 brand new pairs from UK.. often stalls in or just outside a supermarket sell shoes, think maybe buy as a job lot, just cast your eye over the size if looks big try them on.

years ago could never work out in say UK could buy Italian shoes size 47 no problem, yet go to Italy max size 45.

• Like 1

I can't find my last receipt from Raja's in Bkk but I'm sure long-sleeved dress shirts cost me no more than ฿1000-1200 each. A quarter of what I pay in the states for off-the-rack stuff. Short sleeve with more casual style fabric would probably be around ฿700-800 I'd guess, and they fit perfectly.

I buy XL shirts even though I don't think I'm XL. They fit me around the torso well enough but the collar is way too tight if I button it. I use collar extenders. If I buy a 2XL, the collar fits but I'm swimming in the shirt.

I'm sure it looks better than it sounds, but then again, maybe not. What are "spangles", or shouldn't I ask?

I notice a big size difference in the clothes.........@ but equally only like to wear shorts and a vest top. I take the elastic out of the shorts and use a lace and cut bigger slits in the vests so that they are not tight. Open back rubber spangles from Tesco and away

I go. The good thing is no one actually thinks you look strange ? I won't win any fashion prizes, but who cares, it's far to hot to be concerned with such trivial matters ! Shower fully clothed and I'm dressed for the morning!

Forth Floor of MBK in Bangkok has quite a few shops all grouped close to each other. They all have similar stock and similar pricing though (not unusual for Thailand) but there are shirts and pants up to 6xl and quite a few of them are in all cotton rather than polyester . Shoes are more of a problem especially in the larger sizes so i always bring my own from Oz.

I can't find my last receipt from Raja's in Bkk but I'm sure long-sleeved dress shirts cost me no more than ฿1000-1200 each. A quarter of what I pay in the states for off-the-rack stuff. Short sleeve with more casual style fabric would probably be around ฿700-800 I'd guess, and they fit perfectly.

My friendly tailor quoted me 800 baht here in Phuket. Now is a good time to buy. Have a couple made and see what you think.

Marks and Spencer's have a couple of shops in Bangkok, one in Central World. Same clothing stock as in the UK, with UK/European sizing, but quite pricey when compared to M&S back home. Have UK shoe sizes too.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

You guys could always try losing a bit of weight.

There is only one size difference between Asian and Western sizes.

(XL Asian = L Western)

Right...and all goods in Thailand (and Asia) are made to an exacting standard!