Junta head to hold politicians responsible for their past wrongful management of the country

Lite Beer

Those small black plastic boxes which did nothing, and cost around 1 million baht each. Ah yes. You and I knew early on they were a worthless scam, but several Thai administration along with a slew of gov't, police and military brass either didn't know they were bogus or WENT AHEAD AND BOUGHT THEM ANYWAY.

Even if they functioned, what would be their value? More than a laptop computer, at Bt. 9,000 each?

The plastic box fiasco is symptomatic of how gov't and military do business. Yingluck's gov't went and spent Bt.572,000 each for clocks. How much would you or I spend on a clock to hang on a wall? Perhaps Bt.1,200.

Government expenditures are too important to be left to gov't or military. They only know how to spend waaaaay too much, and their choices of projects/equipment is suspect. But then again, who can be trusted to spend big money wisely? In a Thai perspective, I honestly cannot answer that. Mr. Korn (Abhisit's Finance Minister) is smart, but he's not even being considered for a decision-making role now.

Not in any way a justification but let's just quash your ridiculous claim of the government buying clocks at 572,000 baht each. Complete nonsense, the clocks were bought by the office of the secretary general of parliament for a still stupidly high price of 62,500 baht each which includes a satellite link.

Wrong, again.

Yinglucks govt spent 15 million baht buying 240 clocks.

15,000,000 / 240 = 625,000B per clock.

Total crooks that deserve every second of their post coup trauma.

I just love the way ginjag likes any post that that supposedly counteracts one of my posts, whether he has checked to see if it's correct or not. I'm suprised djjamie's not got on the bandwaggon too - maybe he can perform simple arithmetic.

So, jaidam, ginjag would you like to get out your calculators and then come back and apologise....................

I doubt it.

How much did she spend on that watch, shopping abroad, expensive dinners. And who supported that?

I think the poster is just annoyed by what it is that compels an expat to try and justify the behaviour of a few liege lords in a developing country who shamelessly plunder and think only of their family's benefit, and use populist policies to lead the poor to believe they'll be tossed a few goodies, but in reality they are just (or were) wrecking the nation for their own personal gain. What drives an expat to sit there and come up with fantasies about how these swindlers are so grand, these chinese shinawatra scoundrels?

• Like 2

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those small black plastic boxes which did nothing, and cost around 1 million baht each. Ah yes. You and I knew early on they were a worthless scam, but several Thai administration along with a slew of gov't, police and military brass either didn't know they were bogus or WENT AHEAD AND BOUGHT THEM ANYWAY.

Even if they functioned, what would be their value? More than a laptop computer, at Bt. 9,000 each?

The plastic box fiasco is symptomatic of how gov't and military do business. Yingluck's gov't went and spent Bt.572,000 each for clocks. How much would you or I spend on a clock to hang on a wall? Perhaps Bt.1,200.

Government expenditures are too important to be left to gov't or military. They only know how to spend waaaaay too much, and their choices of projects/equipment is suspect. But then again, who can be trusted to spend big money wisely? In a Thai perspective, I honestly cannot answer that. Mr. Korn (Abhisit's Finance Minister) is smart, but he's not even being considered for a decision-making role now.

Not in any way a justification but let's just quash your ridiculous claim of the government buying clocks at 572,000 baht each. Complete nonsense, the clocks were bought by the office of the secretary general of parliament for a still stupidly high price of 62,500 baht each which includes a satellite link.

Wrong, again.

I just love the way ginjag likes any post that that supposedly counteracts one of my posts, whether he has checked to see if it's correct or not. I'm suprised djjamie's not got on the bandwaggon too - maybe he can perform simple arithmetic.

So, jaidam, ginjag would you like to get out your calculators and then come back and apologise....................

I doubt it.

I just love the way you divert posters, where have I posted on this page ????

Your reply was to me ???

So why did you post off topic about nothing that had to do with the reply you were to respond to.

So which post was counteracted ??? you correct about what, if I reply to your posts it's normally because of your non acceptance to the latest Twists in the political scene.

As before you were all the time telling opposition to PTP shut it, now they are out of the limelight you hate to lose face.

So now I and the army are your scapegoats--after Suthep----give it a rest will you.

If you want to respond in future do it in the normal fashion rather than trying to win brownie points and use another poster post to mention me.

• Like 2

Wrong, again.

I doubt it.

How much did she spend on that watch, shopping abroad, expensive dinners. And who supported that?

I think the poster is just annoyed by what it is that compels an expat to try and justify the behaviour of a few liege lords in a developing country who shamelessly plunder and think only of their family's benefit, and use populist policies to lead the poor to believe they'll be tossed a few goodies, but in reality they are just (or were) wrecking the nation for their own personal gain. What drives an expat to sit there and come up with fantasies about how these swindlers are so grand, these chinese shinawatra scoundrels?

Seem some feathers were ruffled. Ouch.

Wrong, again.

I doubt it.

Lies are to be reported. YOU apologize as I have not answered any posts relating to you lie reply. I need a calculator for what, my brain was in order well before they came into fashion.

Apologize and do not bring me into your pro PTP rants again---old hat past their and YOUR sell by date---move on stirrer.

Wrong, again.

I doubt it.

I apologise for my 1st factually incorrect post.

I congratulate you on your 1st factually correct post. Well done.

Wrong, again.

I doubt it.

Seem some feathers were ruffled. Ouch.

Feathers of the few and the proud: the taxpayers.

How far back are they going?

Accountability in Thailand, has a nice ring to it.

Back to Surayuth time?

No way.

Back to Yingluck, Somchai & Thaksin time only.

Would it not be logical when looking at errors of the past to start with the most recent?

Back to Surayuth time?

No way.

JR Soul: Would it not be logical when looking at errors of the past to start with the most recent?

My answer: Would it not be logical when looking at errors of the past to start with the errors of those looking into errors?

edited because of problems with quotes.

Edited by nidieunimaitre

Back to Surayuth time?

No way.

Would it not be logical when looking at errors of the past to start with the most recent?

Would it not be logical when looking at errors of the past to start with the errors of those looking into errors?

That I will leave in your capable(?) hands, good luck with that.

BTW I have corrected your mis-posting of your words under my name. The irony of a post accusing a 3rd party of errors being erroneously posted is amusing.

Wrong, again.

And again and again.

The purchase was not by the government. It was by the independent (thank you military constitution of 2007) Office of the Parliament Secretary-General, not accountable to government or parliament. In fact the OPSG could not bear much scrutiny at all, the clocks being just one of its ... um, projects. It is not, however, the government.

And please get the money back on your calculator, or put in a protest to whoever paid your math teacher. It or the teacher is a magnitude off. The cost, per clock, as posted above, is 62,500 baht well over double what they are actually worth.

and again and again and again, wrong.

Parliament Secretary-General Suwichag Nakwatcharachai is considered an aide position to Pheu Thai Party MP/House Speaker Somsak. Issues on PTP MP Somsak's exorbitant travel budget and 70,000 baht water coolers were also raised at the same time.

Thailand's House committee on anti-corruption is set to probe Speaker Somsak Kiatsuranont and his deputy Charoen Chankomol over allegations that both overspent their overseas travel budgets.

The investigation comes hot on the heels of claims the Office of the Parliament President and Somsak's close aide, Parliament Secretary-General Suwichag Nakwatcharachai, spent budgets unnecessarily and without transparency, like paying 15 million baht (US$479,000) for 200 clocks at a price of 75,000 baht each.

The story of over-priced clocks went viral. The government camp quickly shifted into damage-control mode, arguing that the price was not just for the clocks but also the equipment and system to connect to satellites and the Internet

Democrat MP Ong-art Klampaiboon said that besides the 75,000 baht clocks, parliament also spent 70,000 baht for each hot and cold water maker imported from South Korea. He called on Somsak to show leadership by ordering a speedy investigation of the alleged procurement irregularities for overpriced items.

http://www.asianewsnet.net/Thai-speakers-lavish-travel-spending-faces-probe-50480.html

• Like 1

I doubt it.

I apologise for my 1st factually incorrect post.

I congratulate you on your 1st factually correct post. Well done.

As wandsloan put it, an apology, "all in the spirit of happiness and reconciliation" and what do we get, pure arrogance.

Wrong, again.

I doubt it.

I just love the way you divert posters, where have I posted on this page ????

Your reply was to me ???

So why did you post off topic about nothing that had to do with the reply you were to respond to.

So which post was counteracted ??? you correct about what, if I reply to your posts it's normally because of your non acceptance to the latest Twists in the political scene.

As before you were all the time telling opposition to PTP shut it, now they are out of the limelight you hate to lose face.

So now I and the army are your scapegoats--after Suthep----give it a rest will you.

If you want to respond in future do it in the normal fashion rather than trying to win brownie points and use another poster post to mention me.

Please read my post before spouting off. If you like a post, I'm of the old fashioned opinion that you agree with that post, simple as that.

So there I was correcting an original mistake about the purchase price of some clocks, then I'm accused of being wrong in my calculations ( the post that you liked) and finally here you are ranting about the PTP, the army and suthep, none of which were mentioned by me in my post.

You need to learn to chill before posting.

I know a number of very senior police have been yellow carded -bye, bye Kamrongwitless - but as much as P is going after the political asswipes, the big point is the entire police force. Now that's a very big ass to wipe. Can't imagine how you can clean up this insidious boil on scrotum of Thailand. I'd like to know what the good general is thinking here. For most people, the main contact with corruption is the police. It touches everyone right across the social spectrum. There's cooperation between the police and the military - at the moment. But at some stage P is going to have to turn his attention to the minutae of Thai life - and that's the daily dealings with the police that touch our everyday lives. There are something like a quarter of a million police in Thailand. They are a significant factor. They have zero credibility but enormous influence. Limited intelligence, but limitless power.

How to deal with this? I'm sure many police are wondering as well. Perhaps nervously. I hope so.

They can drop a trusted a general as a temporary police chief, to clean the stables.

They can pick some old timer high police officer they trust (I do not believe all are totally useless or thoroughly corrupt).

I think that right now the coup leadership is not interested in opening a front vs. the RTP. So while showing them who's boss,

they do not push them too far, at least so far. If they fill they got matters in hand, especially when there is an interim government

in place, they might make a move.

Alternatively, they can just go on like this. Kinda helpful to have the police intimidated into doing their jobs, while subtly (or not

so subtly) reminding the public what's the cause of that.

• Like 1

So the military will decide arbitrarily who they feel is responsible? Looks like judge, juror and executioner all rolled up in one. Not a nice thought internally and externally.

You just dont like the fact that theyve cleared up the past Governments garbage in 1 month and have the country feeling like a more honest, on track place!! Maybe one day youll realise that the answer to Thailands problems is in Thailand NOT in Dubai!!

The military has not cleaned anything up. The military just took control. The military should not be the ones deciding what the country should do. The Thai people should be doing that and they should be maintaining a constitution and they should be properly using the courts and civilian police force. Just because the Thais don't seem to be doing that, does not mean the military has the right to take over and run things. In a few years, the next military will probably arbitrarily do the same thing and again usurp the government. Who is watching the military? Who is making sure they are not doing anything wrong? Who is or can judge the military? What keeps the military on the straight and proper path? Who or what will assure that people's rights are protected when there is no law or constitution?

• Like 1

Another who failed dismally in his duties the Attorney General has also been removed from his office yesterday. The Junta sweeping out the garbage continues. Long overdue and more good work General Prayuth.

What about the judicial system? Do you think the junta will reform this?

Another who failed dismally in his duties the Attorney General has also been removed from his office yesterday. The Junta sweeping out the garbage continues. Long overdue and more good work General Prayuth.

Indeed, it is good news that Attorney-General Athapol Yaisawang was shown the door. Time to review the Thaksin charges that were dismissed by his predecessor for the most ludicrous of reasons.

Former Attorney-General Chulasingh said he was responsible for the decision [to drop charges against Thaksin] because he felt that the crime allegedly committed by Thaksin took place outside the kingdom

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/chulasingh-defends-oags-decision-thaksin/

Also, in addition to Attorney-General Athapol's removal yesterday, the aforementioned ( Post #223 of this thread) aide to Pheu Thai Party MP/House Speaker Somsak, Parliament Secretary-General Suwichag, was also given the heave ho to an inactive post yesterday.

Good housekeeping.

:thumbsup:

Head of the National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO) said politicians who have their hands in running the country wrongfully in the past must be held responsible for what they have done to the country.

Well that's practically everyone bar Mark. :P

And I agree, but to be fair, that is the Thai way. The whole system is set up for the take and until they change the culture a bit, it will always be that way.

You know what? Some of the guys on this rather insignificant website need to trade insults and bitch-slaps by private message, or maybe hook-up face to face and duke it out.

As my British friends would say, what a bunch of <deleted>!

Your membership and contributions to threads suggests you're part of it, haha. Off to the ring for you as well?

Head of the National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO) said politicians who have their hands in running the country wrongfully in the past must be held responsible for what they have done to the country.

Well that's practically everyone bar Mark. :P

And I agree, but to be fair, that is the Thai way. The whole system is set up for the take and until they change the culture a bit, it will always be that way.

If Mark can clear the allegation regarding the 42 B corruption tainted "strong Thailand" projects and answer doubts raised regarding the fire sales of cheap assets from the financial crash plus the charges by NACC and DSI, then we can exclude him. Seem all these cases are frozened in time.