Bangkok: Wellknown ex-model Yooyee jailed 15 years for cocaine possession

webfact

I read in the Spanish press that the case is to be re opened and that another hearing will be had within the next year or so, I sincerely hope that the outcome will be swift and just and she will get out of there back to her family.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

--The suspect claimed she was given the tube of chocolate by a passenger on the plane during her flight back from Vietnam, adding that she had no idea that the tube was filled with cocaine--

Haven't read all the posts but on page 4 it says: A chocolate tube filled with coke. Surely it must have been 251 grams.

Edited by Nickymaster

--The suspect claimed she was given the tube of chocolate by a passenger on the plane during her flight back from Vietnam, adding that she had no idea that the tube was filled with cocaine--

Haven't read all the posts but on page 4 it says: A chocolate tube filled with coke. Surely it must have been 251 grams.

No, you haven't, have you?

Thank you for reminding me why I haven't been posting on TVF for a long time.

Would that be because you post rubbish, thinly veiled as speculation to cover yourself?

What an absolute 'clown' of a response ......ignore the git!!

Edited by Nasrullah

• 10 months later...
On 6/12/2014 at 0:48 PM, Pib said:

I expect she will appeal...remain out on bail....and when the judicial dust settles years from now she'll probably end up with a suspended sentence and much smaller fine....I figure worst case a year or two in a low security prison.

She has been in jail for a few years already and was refused bail while she appeals. Methinks she upset someone powerful.

The legal mechanisms for release, bail or sentence reduction are now significantly narrowed.

What's left?

A Royal Pardon. Only dished out once a year, either release or reduced sentence. I am not sure if she qualifies even to apply due to the charge.

A retrial / mistrial. Very rare in Thailand. This might offer another bail opportunity.

Release due to ill health. She would need to be very well connected to secure this. So far the opposite seems to be the case.

The back door. Have a body double serve the sentence. See above.

Escape. Perhaps this is her best option.

A bleak outlook indeed. That is what you get here for challenging those that hold power.