Romantic Songs

Patsycat

Same as this one....................

555 transam, Bonnie Tyler, I had a thing about her in the mid 70s, that blonde hair and husky voice..For me France was always romantic, going there for family holidays in the summer was magical, eating gorgeous food over 2 hour dinners in candlelight ambiance, outside families chatting, playing betong in the village square and then back to a Loire valley hotel down a long avenue of trees, through a courtyard and up an old stone staircase to our rooms with a bidet!!

And one year, 69, I think it was,the gasket blew in the car in Le Mans and we were forced to spend 4 or 5 days in a campsite waiting for a replacement. Hanging around I met a beautiful French girl, Mirielle,I forget her name exactly now,she was 14, beautiful and slender with a love of life, always laughing, and of course the French language is just so melodic compared to English.

I was sad when the gasket got repaired and although we weren't lost in France, we were certainly stuck. But then Bonnie came out with this song and i knew how she felt!.....555

Most romantic song.

She gimme head. - The Radiators.

Sorry can't post clip from here.

almost compares with Jimmy Buffet's 'why don't we get drunk and screw'....

'screw' ye unnerstand covers all positions and eventualities...wasn't it the Big Bopper that said: 'yew know what I like!'...

tragically taken from us along wid Buddy Holly and Ritchie Valens in the 'plane crash of the century'...Oh, Donna is romantic...

• Like 2

talkin' about dees things, I nominate Judy Collins' 'Suzanne' as the best acoustic intro, immediately identifiable...

but, is Suzanne a romantic song? romance is perhaps peripheral bein' a Leonard Cohen song but it sure does sound good...a good cover of the Beatles 'In my life' as well on that album which is romantic, reminds me of a high school girl friend...

man, dat vodka is tastin' good here at home after a few weeks in Hofuf...goes to show dat dem guys is crazy livin' inna place like dat widout no liquor...shias and sunni jihadis killin' each other inna place in the middle of the desert without significance or meaning...

'why go to those places, tutsi?'....it's just, whatever...I ended up in a wonderland in north central Vietnam that had got bombed into the stone age because of how the wind was blowing (tutsi, please come and help us with our new project...)...my wife has just built a new toilet closer to my laptop on the ground floor of our shophouse, maybe I should stay at home...

Edited by tutsiwarrior
  • Like 2

and Dennis Wilson actually useta surf!...I never did see him out in the water but when you're out in the line up and it's pumping you ain't got attention for anything but the next set coming in...

sittin' on yer board in silence with everyone and staring at the horizon, an' then here it comes and a mad scramble to take off or to get to the next wave in the set (everyone is gonna go for the first one and the next ones you could have for yerself)...and then, howls of delight mixed with the roar of de crashing water with the primal force of de ocean hurling you toward the beach at high speed...

surfing...there is no other life...I'm 64 and with diabetes and hypertension but I'll get back out there again if it's the last thing that I do...

Edited by tutsiwarrior

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...