Prayuth says NCPO will not continue rice-pledging scheme

webfact

And then there are those who, without any knowledge of a science, show their ignorance by making claims unsupported by any facts or personal experience whatsoever, to try to refute that science, for no other reason than to be the contrary grumpy old trolls that they repeatedly and publicly prove themselves to be. Since I have done volunteer work, (which means I do not get paid, and sell nothing), in other countries setting up sustainable farming and aquaponics systems, where output both exceeds input, and yields are superior and mature quicker than unsustainable, petrochemical farming schemes, your statement shows you completely off the mark, once again.

You are yet to answer a single question on input verses output. Do you think you can produce basic protein and carbohydrate botanicals cheaper my Australian farm? Sorry but I am not interested in your volunteer work. Been there, done that.. I have contributed to society but do not find the need to wave a flag as you do. Answer questions on input verses output!

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something.

Plato

Well good to see you crawled back into your modern day nonsense and proved nothing. I encourage you to continue developing aquaponics, I love all things agriculture. But, wise men do have something to say.. and for your benefit, here are some pictures of my farm(s)! I think I have earn't the right to ask at a minimum to justify your claims. And these are all my personal pictures, not shit of the internet. And that's me sitting on the yellow New Holland.

You ask nothing, you insult, demand, and interrogate, yet you expect me to educate you? Amazing!

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And then there are those who, without any knowledge of a science, show their ignorance by making claims unsupported by any facts or personal experience whatsoever, to try to refute that science, for no other reason than to be the contrary grumpy old trolls that they repeatedly and publicly prove themselves to be. Since I have done volunteer work, (which means I do not get paid, and sell nothing), in other countries setting up sustainable farming and aquaponics systems, where output both exceeds input, and yields are superior and mature quicker than unsustainable, petrochemical farming schemes, your statement shows you completely off the mark, once again.

You are yet to answer a single question on input verses output. Do you think you can produce basic protein and carbohydrate botanicals cheaper my Australian farm? Sorry but I am not interested in your volunteer work. Been there, done that.. I have contributed to society but do not find the need to wave a flag as you do. Answer questions on input verses output!

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something.

Plato

Well good to see you crawled back into your modern day nonsense and proved nothing. I encourage you to continue developing aquaponics, I love all things agriculture. But, wise men do have something to say.. and for your benefit, here are some pictures of my farm(s)! I think I have earn't the right to ask at a minimum to justify your claims. And these are all my personal pictures, not shit of the internet. And that's me sitting on the yellow New Holland.

You ask nothing, you insult, demand, and interrogate, yet you expect me to educate you? Amazing!

Good luck in life if you think aquaponics will feed the world. Your last comment here is classic. "you ask nothing", I asked you to provide proof of your numbers, ie the ability for aquaponics to provide efficient food production to a massive and growing population. "you insult", hahahah, you make me laugh even harder,, well it was you that insulted shadmo63 will and agressive statement agaisnt western agricultural systems and I quote ... ""your ideas on the science of sustainable farming methods don't necessarily help" is the height of hubris. To defend the western practices of growing food loaded with toxins, and it's subsequent poisoning of the environment, and the addictions of the farms there to petrochemicals by saying "Modern western farmers take excellent care of their land" are points made without any facts or merit." demand, well "height of hubris" is a pretty extreme insult to our common TV friend, I demand your prove your claim. I did not force you to make the claim, but I did ask you to justify and provide proof..... . .....so, I may talk straight, and I will continue to do so. You are a f88king <deleted>... straight and simple. Go and promote your aquaponics to some other unsuspecting mugs who need to use copious amounts of electricity and all sort so unnatural filtration systems to do what mother earth just just fine already.....ur an IDIOT.

• Like 1

In a perfect world no-one should get a subsidy from government to produce the goods (in this case rice) they the producer has chosen to produce. I think subsidies are wrong.

But, you can't just stop! It has to be a gradual phase out over 3 to 5 years. Otherwise other necessary measures to help farmers will not kick in early enough.

More intense research into plant breeding, better land and farm management practises take time to get in place.

The best way to cut costs and increase production is to get the farmers off of petrochemicals. Teach them about growing organically, which is sustainable, economically sensible, and would get them off their very expensive addiction to petrochemicals. A small side benefit would be cleaner lands, water, and foods not loaded with toxins, which reduce health costs. Sustainable farming techniques are the only logical way to grow, anything else is fiscally insane, medically homicidal, and only serves to support chemical companies and their distributors, and the the pharmaceutical/health industries.

A tick next to your post would be a disservice ... hopefully more (who may be able to do something about it) will read it again ...

Research will show a systematic approach by petro-chemical companies.

[ the USA leads the world in various such practices, such as 'offering guidance' to improve crop production (failure the world over; particularly the Philippines), GM foods (even the Chinese and starving Africans are rejecting) and the making of holding seed stock unlawful in occupied Iraq ...]

Just prior to the collapse of the USSR, farmers in Cuba were the highest users of chemical pesticides and fertilizers; now, organic farming is the norm.

Thailand is a great country, with great people and 'going back to the future' will help them economically (less spent on chemicals and fertilizers) and improve health and increase overseas demand for their more nutritious, healthy rice as well as other crops ...

And just how much has Cuban sugar production declined in that period?

Funny how the spelling skills go out the window when apoplectically typing. Copious amounts of energy???Unnatural filtration systems??? Are you parroting something you picked up from the Dhow Chemical 20 second course on Aquaponics? You certainly haven't studied the world's leading experts on Aquaponics, Dr James Rakocy, and Dr Wilson Lennard, who, even though they have PHD's in their field, and have spent their lives studying and teaching it, would be the first to admit that science has barely scratched the surface on research and applications for Aquaponics. For starters, Aquaponics uses 90% less water than conventional farming systems. That fact alone should wake up anyone actually interested in facts about the farming potentials. Yet you, in your infinite wisdom and knowledge, dismiss Aquaponics outright as a waste of time. Jeremiah 5:21 (‘Hear now this, O foolish people, and without understanding; which have eyes, and see not; which have ears, and hear not’

Edited by thaimat

Funny how the spelling skills go out the window when apoplectically typing. Copious amounts of energy???Unnatural filtration systems??? Are you parroting something you picked up from the Dhow Chemical 20 second course on Aquaponics? You certainly haven't studied the world's leading experts on Aquaponics, Dr James Rakocy, and Dr Wilson Lennard, who, even though they have PHD's in their field, and have spent their lives studying and teaching it, would be the first to admit that science has barely scratched the surface on research and applications for Aquaponics. For starters, Aquaponics uses 90% less water than conventional farming systems. That fact alone should wake up anyone actually interested in facts about the farming potentials. Yet you, in your infinite wisdom and knowledge, dismiss Aquaponics outright as a waste of time. Jeremiah 5:21 (‘Hear now this, O foolish people, and without understanding; which have eyes, and see not; which have ears, and hear not’

Go grow some tasteless, nutrition-less iceberg lettuce and snivel like a rabbit. Hopefully a good farmer boy will see you and dispose of the your fur in a good akubra hat.

• Like 1

In a perfect world no-one should get a subsidy from government to produce the goods (in this case rice) they the producer has chosen to produce. I think subsidies are wrong.

But, you can't just stop! It has to be a gradual phase out over 3 to 5 years. Otherwise other necessary measures to help farmers will not kick in early enough.

More intense research into plant breeding, better land and farm management practises take time to get in place.

You are right of course,subsidies aren't necessary if people were willing to pay a fair price. Strange isn't it that nobody is prepared to pay a fair price for necessities but are willing to pay outrageous prices for luxury goods

What were we talking about? Oh that's right, rice.

F^%#ing entertaining. Only a Yank would quote the bible, and only an Aussie would want to turn you into an akubra.

Thaimat you did bring this on yourself. I think you might be a couple of roos short in the top paddock.

• Like 1

Go grow some tasteless, nutrition-less iceberg lettuce and snivel like a rabbit. Hopefully a good farmer boy will see you and dispose of the your fur in a good akubra hat.

Interesting that, when I post about healthy, sustainable farming systems, you turn it into an attack on just one such system, and defend the practice of putting poisons into the food we eat, thereby deflecting what could have been an intelligent conversation about healthy farming for Thailand's betterment. It's also interesting that just yesterday, the Council of Networks of Farmers of Thailand, said" turning to using organic fertilizers and non-toxic insecticides could help reduce farming cost", when talking about how the farming systems here have put the farmers massively deep in debt, just as it has done in the US. 'But hey, here's a pic of me on my tractor, right after I sprayed highly toxic insecticides that are linked to diseases such as autism, an A to Z list of cancers, as well as birth defects, sexual dysfunction, reproductive dysfunction, diabetes, Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s diseases, all over the food I grew.'

• Like 1

Interesting that, when I post about healthy, sustainable farming systems, you turn it into an attack on just one such system, and defend the practice of putting poisons into the food we eat, thereby deflecting what could have been an intelligent conversation about healthy farming for Thailand's betterment. It's also interesting that just yesterday, the Council of Networks of Farmers of Thailand, said" turning to using organic fertilizers and non-toxic insecticides could help reduce farming cost", when talking about how the farming systems here have put the farmers massively deep in debt, just as it has done in the US. 'But hey, here's a pic of me on my tractor, right after I sprayed highly toxic insecticides that are linked to diseases such as autism, an A to Z list of cancers, as well as birth defects, sexual dysfunction, reproductive dysfunction, diabetes, Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s diseases, all over the food I grew.'

You make the assumption that the average farmer is an idiot. I have tens of thousand of farming friends and colleagues. There are no more concerned people on this earth than the owner-grower operator of small medium and large scale farms. Farming in no country is dominated by multinational corporations. Farmers research inputs whether they be chemicals, natural phosphates, methods of legume nitrification, low till operations and or the myriad of processes that apply to achieving a beneficial efficient profit for the botanicals they plant or the fauna they raise. The long and short of it, the average farm is not an idiot, your past statements have clearly been to attach the entire "western" farming culture. Well, I defend my colleagues. Your aquaponics will and can not feed the world. In a dream world it may. But don't for one minute think the average farmer is not interested in your general list of cancers. Eat and drink aquaponics all your life and sorry, the same percentage of your group will suffer cancer, etc. You have no proof of your claims, unless you can show somewhere a populations of 30 million plus that have been eating as your claim. It is pie in the sky and you should keep your mouth shut when it comes to your opinions on western farming techniques unless you can take the heat.

• Like 1

You make the assumption that the average farmer is an idiot. I have tens of thousand of farming friends and colleagues. There are no more concerned people on this earth than the owner-grower operator of small medium and large scale farms. Farming in no country is dominated by multinational corporations. Farmers research inputs whether they be chemicals, natural phosphates, methods of legume nitrification, low till operations and or the myriad of processes that apply to achieving a beneficial efficient profit for the botanicals they plant or the fauna they raise. The long and short of it, the average farm is not an idiot, your past statements have clearly been to attach the entire "western" farming culture. Well, I defend my colleagues. Your aquaponics will and can not feed the world. In a dream world it may. But don't for one minute think the average farmer is not interested in your general list of cancers. Eat and drink aquaponics all your life and sorry, the same percentage of your group will suffer cancer, etc. You have no proof of your claims, unless you can show somewhere a populations of 30 million plus that have been eating as your claim. It is pie in the sky and you should keep your mouth shut when it comes to your opinions on western farming techniques unless you can take the heat.

And you continue to take a post about a healthy future of farming in Thailand, and twist it into a personal attack on farmers. You clearly know nothing about Aquaponics, yet attack that as well. You don't say anything factual about any sustainable farming methods that could be practiced here that would help Thailand grow healthy food and help Thai farmers have a better life, (which was the subject of this thread), instead choose to defend petrochemical farming. Your words clearly state that you think farming is as good and healthy as is possible today, which is a factually untenable claim. Keep on trolling.

And you continue to take a post about a healthy future of farming in Thailand, and twist it into a personal attack on farmers. You clearly know nothing about Aquaponics, yet attack that as well. You don't say anything factual about any sustainable farming methods that could be practiced here that would help Thailand grow healthy food and help Thai farmers have a better life, (which was the subject of this thread), instead choose to defend petrochemical farming. Your words clearly state that you think farming is as good and healthy as is possible today, which is a factually untenable claim. Keep on trolling.

And define "petrochemical farming". This is new to all of us in agriculture. You have a lot to learn jnr. Keep trying, but you will not feed more than a village or two. In the mean time me and my friends feed the world.

BP story that doesn't seem to have made TVF yet is there was 91,000 sacks of missing rice discovered at a Pathum Thani worth 69M baht!!

they had put props in place to make it appear the warehouse was full, and it was indeed part of the rice pledging scheme.

Whilst I remained open minded about the "missing rice" to see that one warehouse had 3/4 of its stock missing would make me less open minded and the Junta need to expedite the remaining searches.

The warehouse manager needs to be "questioned" as to "who", "where'" and "when" it went missing. The who being who took it, who ordered it to be taken.

• Like 1

And define "petrochemical farming". This is new to all of us in agriculture. You have a lot to learn jnr. Keep trying, but you will not feed more than a village or two. In the mean time me and my friends feed the world.

you and your friends poison the world, don't you mean? Thais are already way ahead of you, for example, there is a whole community in Chantaburi that grows 100% organic, and produce high yields of the best fruit and veggies from that farming intensive region. They've been doing it for almost 10 years, run by a man from the King's Project, yet you're still stuck in "poison farming" mode. SRI rice production another organic way to farm, being done all over Asia, with higher yields, better quality rice, and higher prices, but of course, you probably prefer the rice laden with chemicals because you stated that since you may get cancer anyways, why not eat poisoned food as well. There are so many different, sustainable agrucuture methods, that all Asian gov'ts are researching now. I guess it's a good thing you aren't in charge, or they would not be allowed to find clean, safe ways to grow 100% healthy foods.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

jayjayjayjay, on 28 Jun 2014 - 02:30, said:
thaimat, on 27 Jun 2014 - 09:06, said:
jayjayjayjay, on 25 Jun 2014 - 23:55, said:

Your comprehension skills are severely lacking.

Intimidation skills, well developed.

'Tens of thousands ................ Really?'

Edited by scorecard