Best rates for converting Baht to GBP?

I've found loads of info of GBP->Baht but not the other way around. I'm getting a 30k baht cash deposit back tomorrow and flying home later in the day and will need it converting to GBP. Where would be the best place to change it do you think in terms of rates (I am in Chiang Mai)?

1. CM inner city exchange

2. BKK airport Exchange

3. Heathrow Airport Exchange

4. Home city in UK

Thanks for any input.

2., 3. and 4. are no no!

2. is four to five percent worse than in downtown or CM.

Whether 3. is possible at all?

With 4. you will loose about 10 to 15 percent.

Thai Baht cash is very "exotic" in Europe.

My guess of percentage in 4. are from numbers in Germany,

More than 20% margin in buy/sell.

Don't think its much different in UK.

Find a good exchange in CM and off you are.

Best rates as usual would be at Super Rich Ratchadamri Bangkok.

Benchmark rates:

http://www.superrich1965.com/rate.php

Today 55.10 Baht for selling GBP.

But for 30k its not worth the trip/detour. At least one more zero and it would make sense.

Edited by KhunBENQ

Find a Chinese money changer in Bangkok , the bigger the paper bill the better the rate, £50 notes best but all must be clean , no writing on them. get the best rate you can find, take it to the money lender and they will give you two or three baht more than the going rate.

Thats real news smile.png

So far I was only aware of Kasikorn in the Rail Link area.

Always worth a few steps down to the basement.

However you will not get Superrich top rates here or any other Superrich changing branch. For top rates you have to go to one of their 2 main offices.

Either Silom Road or Rajadamri

• Like 2

Find a Chinese money changer in Bangkok , the bigger the paper bill the better the rate, £50 notes best but all must be clean , no writing on them. get the best rate you can find, take it to the money lender and they will give you two or three baht more than the going rate.

Did you get the point, that the topic starter wants to change Thai Baht to Pounds?

He is bringing in Baht, not Pounds.

• Like 1

Any bank in Thailand will do the job, if changing large amounts it may be beneficial to use the likes of SuperRich but honestly there's not much in it, the rates are very competitive here.

Make the exchange outside of Thailand at your peril!

Any bank in Thailand will do the job, if changing large amounts it may be beneficial to use the likes of SuperRich but honestly there's not much in it, the rates are very competitive here.

Provided you order it. Not many outside the tourist areas have it to hand. I have to go to Pattaya or BKK.

Provided you order it. Not many outside the tourist areas have it to hand. I have to go to Pattaya or BKK.

Yes that can be a problem, particularly during low season, it really depends on the quantity involved although SuperRich usually has a fair amount on hand, from experience. But as you say, give a large branch in Bangkok or similar about ten days notice and they'll be able to gather it is from the other branches.

Rates can vary from Super Rich branch to branch. Personally, I use Vasu on Soi 7/1. If you must exchange at the airport, you should do so at Super Rich in the airport. It is downstairs where you would catch the ARL (Airport Rail Link). You will find that they have better rates than the bank exchange counters at the airport. Good luck!

Did you get the point, that the topic starter wants to change Thai Baht to Pounds?

Thongkorn is correct though. The Chinese money changers are in every major town at least and some will change THB/GBP or GBP/THB, either way, that's been my experience. For the best rates (I've got 0.75 of one pc better than the Thai banks) you need large denomination notes.

Thongkorn is correct though. The Chinese money changers are in every major town at least and some will change THB/GBP or GBP/THB, either way, that's been my experience. For the best rates (I've got 0.75 of one pc better than the Thai banks) you need large denomination notes.

thanks saved me saying , you can change baht to pounds and you will get a better rate.

Why not leave it in your thai bank account and then take it out of an ATM with your bank card in the UK.

I have done this with a kasikorn bank account and card several times.

Mind you no idea what exchange rate they apply.

TBWG