England vs Italy - Sun 15 June, 05:00 am - Match Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That corner just about sums up Rooney's performance tonight.

Was a good assist for the goal though.

jb1

The GF just said England have to eat sticky rice and Som tum ?

[/quote

Haha!

Yes, it was a good assist for the goal but he didn't do much else.

I agree. But if they are not allowed to go forward we're stuffed. I'm bot trying to defend him but when you have 21 players in the England half for most of the game it tends to cramp you style.

jb1

• Like 2

Up a 4.30am to watch this, no channel 668, <deleted> around for an hour trying to find the match and couldn't! True Vision box in bin. I've paid £50 per month for this pile of sh*t and not watched more than BBC world news cos rest of it is garbage ! I wish they were open today, I couldn't be more fed up if this was Saint Fed ups Day and I was the Patron Saint of all fed upnesses !!
Complete pile of sh*te this True Vision, most expensive box of sh*tive ever had !!

• Like 1

Up a 4.30am to watch this, no channel 668, <deleted> around for an hour trying to find the match and couldn't! True Vision box in bin. I've paid £50 per month for this pile of sh*t and not watched more than BBC world news cos rest of it is garbage ! I wish they were open today, I couldn't be more fed up if this was Saint Fed ups Day and I was the Patron Saint of all fed upnesses !!

Complete pile of sh*te this True Vision, most expensive box of sh*tive ever had !!

I feel for you brother.

Couldn't you just have watched it on Thai TV?

I thought England played well first half,but trying to walk the ball in the net doesn't work against Italy,and why why why did they not put a marker on balotelli?the most dangerous player on the field was left unmarked.

its goner be uphill if suarez gets fit.

They did put a marker on him, but the marker was not up to the job, the same for Baines, both the Italian goals came from Their right side. England's defensive weakness was obvious to all.

However i did think the English attack was very exciting, unfortunate not to score more.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 1

Up a 4.30am to watch this, no channel 668, f**ked around for an hour trying to find the match and couldn't! True Vision box in bin. I've paid £50 per month for this pile of sh*t and not watched more than BBC world news cos rest of it is garbage ! I wish they were open today, I couldn't be more fed up if this was Saint Fed ups Day and I was the Patron Saint of all fed upnesses !!

I guess you're not Ol' King Cole (...was a merry old soul)

I tried looking on all channels and just couldn't find it. I've just seen a message on the screen about having to text some &lt;deleted&gt; to have to upgrade it to get channel 668. &lt;deleted&gt; I already subscribe to the Platinum Package, I didn't have to SMS anyone to receive all the other sh*ite they put on the channels, so why this one ?

Anyway - they lost, not a great surprise and I doubt they will need to extend their hotel reservations either. I can't see them winning a game to be honest. I'm not one for knocking managers, seldom have done, even at club level, but what is it with England Managers - why are they all so boring ? Roy Hodgson reminds me of Ken Dodd !

THis tells you all you need to know:

108 - Andrea Pirlo's total of 108 passes v England is the highest recorded by a player so far at #WorldCup2014. Boss.

BqIdHXSCQAALPFQ.png

I believe there is one back in England who predicted exactly this, but was almost laughed at by the England coach.

what is it with England Managers - why are they all so boring ?

Perhaps it has to do with the limited range of the pool of talent available. Similar to Thai political landscape, you could ask, 'why are Thai politicians so inept?'

The reason you see boring England managers boomer is because the Football Association of England appoint people like themselves.

Plenty of talent available, don't have to be English, but the FA are very conservative.

It reflects in team selection and method of play. Very English. We are not serious contenders when it comes to the world stage.

This time, we may see some change. There is evidence in the first game against Italy that this is the case.

Current manager very conservative but appearing to open his eyes bit.

I think the positives to take from the game is that early one England looked really exciting going forward, especially on the counter attack. Sterling and Sturridge carried on their form from club level, they looked great.

Negatives, well as some of you guys have already mentioned, we looked frail at the back, down the left side. Baines is a good player but I think today we saw how for the last ten years we have been spoiled having Ashley Cole at left back. And although Cole has never struck me as being the most likable of chaps, there is no denying that he has been probably the best English left back of all time, and was probably the best in the world in his position for a while.

Apart from that there isn't too much to take from the game. A 2-1 defeat to Italy is pretty much where England are at - it's no great surprise.

We were overrun in midfield but what other options do we have really? That's just the way it is.

Down but not out yet, already looking forward to the next game.

England to lose for the same reasons as in the past 40 years, they can't keep the ball, and can't win it back easily, so the Italians will do what every other European team has done since 1970, run 'em ragged by passing the ball across the park, then hit them on the counter.

Italy 2 - 1 England

Would you please tell me the Thai lottery numbers for tomorrow?

I trust you.

@ wooloomooloo ^^^

Seems to me it would be down to Hodgson's motivation/objectives and FA leniency/complicity.

Is Roy playing young boys as a development process for Euro 2016?

We don't know.

What we might see is playing this world cup with a bit of a sense of adventure might bring its own reward in Brazil.

Edited by P45Mustang
  • Like 1

I tried looking on all channels and just couldn't find it. I've just seen a message on the screen about having to text some <deleted> to have to upgrade it to get channel 668. <deleted> I already subscribe to the Platinum Package, I didn't have to SMS anyone to receive all the other sh*ite they put on the channels, so why this one ?

Anyway - they lost, not a great surprise and I doubt they will need to extend their hotel reservations either. I can't see them winning a game to be honest. I'm not one for knocking managers, seldom have done, even at club level, but what is it with England Managers - why are they all so boring ? Roy Hodgson reminds me of Ken Dodd !

They should get a Scots manager. England are rubbish compared to the better European teams and personally I'd be happy to see them go home before the next stage. The only good thing about English football is the Premiership, where most the best players are foreign. I blame Gary Linekar, ever since he appeared the team has gone downhill.

I reckon and hope for the sack. The problem with Hodgson is he tries to apply a continental style of football i.e. to play mostly through the centre but without any kind of quality width like Italy brought to play last night. To score wonder goals through the centre of an Italian defence like the one Robben scored against Spain on the break the other night was not going to happen.

And when at times England got into these critical positions, the final ball was on the whole lacking in any quality (apart from Rooney's cross for the goal). Critically, there was no left side apart from Baines, which the Italian's profited all game from.

It's the manager responsibility to set the style and provide the balance or width. So it's clear one for me.

And then you have a coaching system which breeds into players like Wellbeck, who has the pace to burn, to be so negative. Someone needs to put the matador back into Wellbeck and it is not Hodgson.

• Like 1