there is something moving in the dropped ceiling attic / help needed pattaya

infinity11

i live in the top floor and now there is something moving up there all day and night in pattaya
i need (someone with) a ladder and maybe someone who can help me figure out what it is and how to remove it and prevent it from returning

it used to be birds but i thought we got rid of them

might be new ones or a cat or another creature or loose panels moving around in the wind, i can not yet be sure

BRIGHT ideas and help only please
i tired to look myself but i can not reach or see that high yet

if i must i will pay to have this done

its a rat i'm afraid

I had one in my roof about 2 weeks ago.

What you have to do is go to 7-11 and buy a glue trap, they are only about 40b

Put some food on the trap and stick it in the roof if you have a hatch... you will just have to use a chair or borrow some ladders.

Here is the post I made on FB..

There was a rat in my ceiling what am I gonna do?

Well I tell you what I had to do! I had to buy a sticky pad from 7-11 and lay it on the ceiling and then waited a day for it to find the blue cheese and get stuck... now comes the GRIM part... lift up the hatch to see the rate looking back at you only just stuck by its disgusting tail... Then take your BBQ tongs (which should go in the bin now) and grab the rat and take him far away and let him go.... URGGGGHHHHHHH
  • Like 2

Often mice or rats. Glue board will work or rat poison which mostly, but not always gets them to go for water and lets them die die outside the ceiling. You got a smelly problem, really bad..., if they die in the ceiling or if they have youngsters which die. Try to plug any access holes into the ceiling, often walls don't go all the way to the top or conduit-access-holes are not closed up fully. Good luck. Had the problem in many of my condos. Often the Thai maintenance people locate the dead rats, remove them..clean the area with bleach and cover with sand and pour some bleach on top....Good luck MS>

I investigated and saw nothing.

I don't think it's a rat or rats because they make a distinct sound i have yet to hear

oh and smell too!

i am now thinking something is loose and banging around in the wind

and/or some creature(s) are coming and going

still not sure, when i want to investigate the sound goes away

when i want peace the sound comes back

mystery and hard to solve and work up there because it's a flimsy dropped ceiling with no support to walk on

thanks for the responses folks

First part cut off.......... I have a rat, not the same one, sometimes in the space between my room ceiling and the roof, the space called the attic. It is good for rats because SOMEHOW they come and go to outside and then inside up there too. You can seal all openings, you think, and still they get in.

"The boy" climbed up thru the ceiling hatch into the attic and put out a catch-alive trap. Next day, rat inside and released a few towns away. Next rat, months later, or same rat returning like a dog can?, would not enter the cage so "the boy" got him with the sticky pad that is sold for that purpose. Smaller rats will get stuck with only one step on that; bigger rats eat it and spit out the chewed parts.

This rat got caught on the sticky pad; "the boy" was not available to check daily, so this rat died there and began to smell so bad my eyes burned and nose ran. NOTHING would cover the smell, and even when "the boy" did finally go up there and bring the shrunken rotted body of the rat down and out from the attic, the rat juices had soaked into the ceiling material, so the smell stayed for couple months.

Once that smell gets into your nose, you think the smell is on everything, your clothes, your food, etc.

This week, another rat (for sure a different one this time) just died in the attic, but this one expired directly over my bed ceiling. Same smell. Then, my Thai wife bought some "white powder" for that purpose in Samut Sakhon and "the boy" went up into the attic and spread the white powder around and over the rat but could not reach the carcass to bring it down.

Somehow, the white powder killed the stench immediately. Now breathing easier, happy to report.

• Like 1

i am spending more and more time investigating

above the cheap dropped ceiling is a cheap metallic slanted roof

it might be that the sound is coming actually from the roof and is magnified by the metal roof along with the hollow attic echoing it

getting to the roof is another whole can of worms and getting there in time to see what is making the noise,

i am thinking close to impossible but i am NOT giving up yet

this is all new to me after a long time but perfectly consistent with the fact that WHEREVER I go in thailand some new noise follows me and finds me, just when i was getting used to that fact

latest useless conclusion:

there are animals, people, or something moving around in the wind on the roof, possible even likely the neighbors roof (attached and connected)

next difficult step getting up to the roof or should i say climbing up there somehow

rats are very punctual about their movements - you could almost set a clock by them, this could be a big clue at to what it is, if you hear it almost exactly the same times during the day chances are it's a rat