World Cup Forum

smokie36

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I had to update the app then it worked rus....try that mate.

;)

Get up to speed redrus.

You have to update the app more frequently than every 26 years.

Van Gaal looking Very Good with the Dutch boys.

alt=thumbsup.gif>

Thank you, my Mac's are updated at least every week and, I updated the app on iPhone and iPad over a week ago now. Also, 26 years is almost all of my life ill have you know, cheeky bugger... ;)

redrus

• Like 1

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I had to update the app then it worked rus....try that mate.

;)

Get up to speed redrus.

You have to update the app more frequently than every 26 years.

Van Gaal looking Very Good with the Dutch boys.

alt=thumbsup.gif>

Thank you, my Mac's are updated at least every week and, I updated the app on iPhone and iPad over a week ago now. Also, 26 years is almost all of my life ill have you know, cheeky bugger... ;)

redrus

• Like 1

haven't got very much right this world cup. a world cup of surprises, shocks and excitement. but one thing i did get right is that that new TV world cup forum has attracted some right wallies and proper plantpots.

I'd know, if I could get in it.....

redrus

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

It would just give you heartburn Russ.biggrin.png

Too right. thumbsup.gif

Some of the drivel being posted might bring redrus to a premature demise.

Strewth.

haven't got very much right this world cup. a world cup of surprises, shocks and excitement. but one thing i did get right is that that new TV world cup forum has attracted some right wallies and proper plantpots.

I'd know, if I could get in it.....

redrus

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Too right. thumbsup.gif

Strewth.

That would be premature, rus reckons he's only 23 years old

• Like 1

Too right. thumbsup.gif

Strewth.

That would be premature, rus reckons he's only 23 years old

21......, actually..... wink.png

redrus

• Like 1

George Best was bldy good though, be fair. What would he be doing in today's game?

Just imagine.

smile.png

With the fitness levels of today i think its fair to say that George would have had to curb his social life somewhat. In this era of the sport natural genius is very much compromised by fitness.

George Best was bldy good though, be fair. What would he be doing in today's game?

Just imagine.

smile.png

With the fitness levels of today i think its fair to say that George would have had to curb his social life somewhat. In this era of the sport natural genius is very much compromised by fitness.

Yes.

Scoring during the half time interval is a thing of the past.

smile.png

• Like 1

Talkin' of Best et al, spoke to a guy the other day who suggested that the final World Cup place shouldn't go to a qualifier, but to an all star squad made up of players whose countries didn't qualify! Would have given the likes of Ibra, Bale, Giggs, Best, Rush etc the chance to perform on the world stage. clap2.gif

Too drastic a change? or worth thinking about?

• Like 1

Talkin' of Best et al, spoke to a guy the other day who suggested that the final World Cup place shouldn't go to a qualifier, but to an all star squad made up of players whose countries didn't qualify! Would have given the likes of Ibra, Bale, Giggs, Best, Rush etc the chance to perform on the world stage. clap2.gif

Fantastic idea. thumbsup.gif

part of me loves it,,seeing those greats on arguably the worlds biggest stage But the other part says the world cups so much bout national pride it' ll take something away, and would those player even less want to play for the smaller nations ! knowing theres.almost an easier.way to get there ?? more i think bout it.more it aint gonna work.

• Like 1

OK, thats interesting but not really doable. However, what about a scratch world eleven to play the champions league winners. The world eleven would be chosen by the semi final managers, two weeks prior the the match.

Now that would be fun.

Reckon a pub team could have beaten England mind.

smile.png

Costa Rica or Greece in the quarter finals. facepalm.gif

Argentina looked very good last night.

But they let goals in.

It's going to be very interesting as the quality unfolds.

part of me loves it,,seeing those greats on arguably the worlds biggest stage But the other part says the world cups so much bout national pride it' ll take something away, and would those player even less want to play for the smaller nations ! knowing theres.almost an easier.way to get there ?? more i think bout it.more it aint gonna work.

Would have to have some sort of criteria to ensure all players represented their countries in qualifying. but you're right, it is probably a pipe dream....therefore FIFA would definitely go for it. More stars = more moneywink.png

2-0 Columbia 4 me ta ra Uruguay, tbh good riddance , nasty cynical football ,gives the game a bad name, nothing ever seems to change with them, saw them in s/a in 1999 literally kic their way to the final of copa America.

What a great footballer Dirk Kuyt is to have around, played all a x the front line for liverpool and probably the same for the Dutch, now he's in at l/b for them, and didn't do a bad job there in the last game. truly amazing footballer.. Real shame,, actually no it's truly shocking given the level of investment,our academies cant seem turn out such 'complete' players.

edit just thinking the bbc reckon its l/b , but i thought blinds playin there, but anyway!!!

Edited by rijit

Yep. Evian, RedBull and Lucozade Sport must be laughing.

Funny how ITV London haven't sold the space though.

No interruption for commercial corruption here in the UK.

Just an opportunity for Glen Hoddle to pass comment on the game.