• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yep. Bit like a Championship Team.

Now the real football starts.

smile.png

You totally missed the point that USA (and for that matter Costa Rica) have made this world cup. they've played with a commitment, passion team spirit unrivaled by the others and despite their lack of world class players both have proven they can mix it and compete with the best.

the likes of Germany, and Holland (aside the Spain game) whilst still in the competition and despite their great talent have been underwhelming in Germanys case and nothing more than ok in Hollands.

show the underdogs more respect, they've earnt it this tournament and its a better tour because of them.

Nope. Didn't miss the point carmine.

But tomorrow we have the serious business starting.

There will be high quality professional footballers in tears.

smile.png

You totally missed the point that USA (and for that matter Costa Rica) have made this world cup. they've played with a commitment, passion team spirit unrivaled by the others and despite their lack of world class players both have proven they can mix it and compete with the best.

the likes of Germany, and Holland (aside the Spain game) whilst still in the competition and despite their great talent have been underwhelming in Germanys case and nothing more than ok in Hollands.

show the underdogs more respect, they've earnt it this tournament and its a better tour because of them.

i think carms what we're seeing could be likened to the difference between a football fan and a premier league fan, same same, but different.

We are talking World Cup Quarter Finals Day.

Show me this on Hackney Marshes, and I'll sign the kids who can do it:

They want to feel like the Argentine coach Angel Cappa, who was in Spain for the 1982 World Cup, and gleefully recalls that when he was watching Brazil "the ball arrived in one part of the field and disappeared to reappear again in the form of a rabbit and then a dove, and then hide again as the opponents rushed about trying to find it, all of us in the stadium looked at our watches with the intention of making time stand still because we wanted the game to go on for ever".

C'mon Phil.

Jogo Bonito.

lets just hope the' big boys' can bring a level of entertainmant to thw table like weve had already. i just hope the sneaky feeling i've got that baring the s,american input i'tl be relatively unentertaining cancelling each other out cagey cat and mouse stuff, lets just hope I'm wrong

smile.png

It takes a lot less than a high pressure game to reduce these pansies to tears!

This is a strange world cup in many ways. Its been very enjoyable yet most of the big sides, the likes of Brazil, Holland and Germany have been largely unimpressive. Argentina have hardly set the world on fire either.

It my well be the business end starting but the fun and enjoyment of the tournament so far has been down to the lesser nations.

They want to feel like the Argentine coach Angel Cappa, who was in Spain for the 1982 World Cup, and gleefully recalls that when he was watching Brazil "the ball arrived in one part of the field and disappeared to reappear again in the form of a rabbit and then a dove, and then hide again as the opponents rushed about trying to find it, all of us in the stadium looked at our watches with the intention of making time stand still because we wanted the game to go on for ever".

C'mon Phil.

Jogo Bonito.

Unfortunately the '82 Brazil side didn't have a defense. Mindyou, up until they played Italy it looked like they didn't need one.

C'mon Phil.

Jogo Bonito.

Unfortunately the '82 Brazil side didn't have a defense. Mindyou, up until they played Italy it looked like they didn't need one.

The most entertaining side to watch....mind you the French team that year were pretty impressive.....even the Scotland team wasn't bad! tongue.png

C'mon Phil.

Jogo Bonito.

The '82 final was my first "soccer" experience. A friend and I had traveled to New York City for a few days and barely knew the WC was being played. Come Sunday we saw Italy was in the final so we headed down to Little Italy, got a table on a second floor terrace overlooking the street at an Italian restaurant. When Italy won the entire area went mad with parades. Amateur marching bands made up of old Italian men playing and entering and exiting restaurants along the street. Crazy celebrations. Unforgettable.

smile.png

It takes a lot less than a high pressure game to reduce these pansies to tears!

This is a strange world cup in many ways. Its been very enjoyable yet most of the big sides, the likes of Brazil, Holland and Germany have been largely unimpressive. Argentina have hardly set the world on fire either.

It my well be the business end starting but the fun and enjoyment of the tournament so far has been down to the lesser nations.

I must have been pissed then when I saw Brazil-Chile in a sports bar in Marylebone.

smile.png

lets just hope the' big boys' can bring a level of entertainmant to thw table like weve had already. i just hope the sneaky feeling i've got that baring the s,american input i'tl be relatively unentertaining cancelling each other out cagey cat and mouse stuff, lets just hope I'm wrong

South America v Europe will be very interesting.

smile.png

Funny that both Koscielny and Mertesacker have been dropped.......wink.png

the German probably had flu

anyway 3 mins to go and although some great footballers on display, not the greatest entertainment, french are totally missing ribery's pace .

and really havnt gone for it, shame.

Does anyone else hope that when we change the national anthem, it's something a bit livelier like Brazils?

yeah <deleted> god save the queen absolutely tosh, I 100% refuse to stand for it.,

best thing that ever came out of that was the pistols version

tbh honest i'm not a great fan of this band but would be england biggrin.png .and maybe more what the world knows us for

.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0utAHY3xo4&feature=kp

barring the electronicy bits in the middle, imagine it would totally rock wembleyclap2.gif

anthem's abso luv them laugh.png

Right.

That's the pale faced, white haired git in the grey suit, that could do with unbuttoning his jacket out of the way.

Absolute peach from David Luiz.

Who says Brazil can't defend.

Next.

The nervous looking German with the dodgy barnet.

Let's hope Neymar's back isn't fkcd.

Right.

That's the pale faced, white haired git in the grey suit, that could do with unbuttoning his jacket out of the way.

Next.

yep the force is.with brazil.

can u see them knocking the germans out of their stride like they did the columbians? i'de genuinely like to see it

., but i just cant see it happening.

Right.

Next.

yep the force is.with brazil.

can u see them knocking the germans out of their stride like they did the columbians? i'de genuinely like to see it

., but i just cant see it happening.

Without Neymar for the rest of the tournament and Thiago Silva suspended for the semiwink.png

With Toni Kroos sending in quality crosses their center backs could be in for a torrid time. Also, isn't it about time David Luiz did something really stupid?

Germany just seem to be grinding on.

• Like 1

Yep. A real bugger about Neymar's back.

Captain Silva suspended. facepalm.gif

Talk of bringing Willian in.

I don't find Germany convincing under Low tbh.

Looks like it will be a typical S America v Europe affair.

Home advantage might swing it I suppose, but you can never bet against German efficiency.

Argentina-Belgium will be a good one too.

I think Holland will despatch Costa Rica.

But you never know.

Just a general comment about yesterday's quarter finals.

I found the Germany France game rather mundane. France are not the flair team of previous years. Germany? German... but again, not the stoic ruthless Germany we have seen before.

Brazil-Columbia, a much more exciting game. More colour, more flair.

At this point I would predict a S American team winning the tournament, but that view could change after tonight's games.

Neymar and Rodriguez out of the Golden Boot competition. Think we might see some Messi magic.

Plus RVP and Robben likely to score I would have thought.