Ducati "916 Follia" CAFE RACER

mania

Not my bag, but credit for being a unique Ducati.

Looks like a Norton Commando got hit with the ugly stick.

The Paul Smart remake was a far cooler faired Ducati.

Sort of like this.............

post-199254-0-78994800-1403141241_thumb.

I hate the way these companies called their bikes "cafe racers" the whole point of the phrase is that you take a standard bike and make it go faster, aiming for a ton. This hardly fits that description, Ducati should stick to what they do best and brass and copper belong on steam trains or central heating systems...what a bunch of crap.

I hate the way these companies called their bikes "cafe racers" the whole point of the phrase is that you take a standard bike and make it go faster, aiming for a ton. This hardly fits that description, Ducati should stick to what they do best and brass and copper belong on steam trains or central heating systems...what a bunch of crap.

For once I agree with you Allan. I have better things to do than spend my life with a can of Brasso. The bike would make a very nice living room ornament though. I'd be afraid to ride it because it's a work of art not practicality.

Disclaimer: I actually have no interest in "Cafe" style bikes smile.png

Just saw that pic & thought it was striking all done is what appears

to be copper? or Brass?

Looks like copper but must be plated. Copper isn't rigid enough to make a frame. Brasso cleans copper and brass.

• Like 1

Disclaimer: I actually have no interest in "Cafe" style bikes smile.png

Just saw that pic & thought it was striking all done is what appears

to be copper? or Brass?

Looks like copper but must be plated. Copper isn't rigid enough to make a frame. Brasso cleans copper and brass.

Yes plating only for sure....like a chrome dip

Keira Knightley Riding a 1973 Ducati SuperSport 750 in a Coco Chanel Perfume Commercial

wink.png

Pure Class. You should post this in the Cultural Imperialism thread for those retards to see in the General Forum.

My guess it is powder coating since the colour is half way between copper and brass, brass being an alloy of copper and zinc and you can't electroplate with an alloy. Unless the tube material is an aluminum alloy, in which case it could be anodised and lacquered. Either way you don't need to polish it. guitar.gif

Anyway I would rather polish off Keira, Knightly.crazy.gif

It would have suited Liberace.....

Edited by AllanB