Chicken Fried Steak, Bad News...Good News

ThePunPun

No disrespect I have enjoyed your food, but hows about a Chicken base Chicken Fried Steak ?

john

No disrespect taken, but chalk this up to the devil made me do it.......

chicken based we could probably get away with it ...... but would we have to rename it as jons willy based chicken fried ??????

tongue.png just for you ..... had to do it

You shouldn't need to justify a cost increase John, nor should you feel any guilt......other than being part responsible for increasing folks weight:(

Airlines don't apologise, stats companies don't apologise. Fuel companies change their prices every week.

Don't ever de value your product, long standing customers don't ever quibble over a fair price increase plus the fact it keeps the riff raff away.

Standards maintained!. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

What's the white gooey stuff on the top? So it's a piece of beef, pounded, breaded and formed into a chicken, then fried? I luv corn.

The term "chicken fried" comes from frying steak by the same method as Southern US cooks fry chicken. Yes, it is breaded and fried.

The "white stuff" is "white gravy", or "country gravy." It is also excellent over biscuits, known as "biscuits and gravy."

Gravy recipe Biscuits and gravy

Actually the white gravy will often have bacon or sausage grease, and white pepper added for seasoning. It's really good.

Edited by NeverSure

No disrespect I have enjoyed your food, but hows about a Chicken base Chicken Fried Steak ?

john

No disrespect taken, but chalk this up to the devil made me do it.......

chicken based we could probably get away with it ...... but would we have to rename it as jons willy based chicken fried ??????

tongue.png just for you ..... had to do it

Where I live it is simply called Chicken Fried Chicken and sells well since some people feel it is healthier than beef. Everything else is the same including gravy.

Where I live it is simply called Chicken Fried Chicken and sells well since some people feel it is healthier than beef.

I'm not sure that it makes much difference whether one eats deep fried chicken or deep fried beef when it comes to health considerations. tongue.png

Serious question, Is John's chicken fried stake worth flying/driving all the way to Chiang Mai for?

And for John, is biscuits and gravy on your menu?

YESlicklips.gif licklips.gif licklips.gif licklips.gif

But if you have to drive far or fly you had better stay at his place and have breakfast and lunch too.

What's the white gooey stuff on the top? So it's a piece of beef, pounded, breaded and formed into a chicken, then fried? I luv corn.

The term "chicken fried" comes from frying steak by the same method as Southern US cooks fry chicken. Yes, it is breaded and fried.

The "white stuff" is "white gravy", or "country gravy." It is also excellent over biscuits, known as "biscuits and gravy."

Gravy recipe Biscuits and gravy

Actually the white gravy will often have bacon or sausage grease, and white pepper added for seasoning. It's really good.

Same stuff with SOS, but add lean ground chuck. Yum!

So where's the blue spoon? We've come to expect a blue spoon in all your photos!

Nancy, So help me............ I thought about that blue spoon before posting that photo. I thought better of it so as not to appear to be smart a$$ed towards you. When I read this and the big EYE's post re the blue spoon, I realized I missed the boat.

Second ..... So help me, in the same morning......

I have just been too lazy to do the biscuits and gravey thingy, but now I am going to do so within the next few days.

I have got a few slices of Smithfield Ham..... those who know.....know what I am talking about.... the dry cured super salty ham..... and am going to put together something else I have wanted to do....... a real down home HAM BISCUIT.

Whatdya tink ????

G

Southern USA? Like the Bible Belt, religious snake handlers and rednecks with beer cans? Sounds like home to me.

Go git yer chicken fried steak at Pun Pun on a wednesday or saturday morning. You'll see.

I love the place and white gravy should take it to the next level.

Second ..... So help me, in the same morning......

I have just been too lazy to do the biscuits and gravey thingy, but now I am going to do so within the next few days.

I have got a few slices of Smithfield Ham..... those who know.....know what I am talking about.... the dry cured super salty ham..... and am going to put together something else I have wanted to do....... a real down home HAM BISCUIT.

Whatdya tink ????

G

Please PM me if you do. I miss good buttermilk biscuits and I have not had Smithfield ham in 40 years. I grew up near where it is made and we would always bring them to the family Christmas dinners up North as a special treat.

Gonzo

Is the Pun Pun restaurant that has opened up on the 118 to Chiang Rai anything to do with you and if so does it have the same menu as the Chiang Mai branch?

This is the original and only PUN PUN.

In the past few years there seems to have been a gangel of interlopers copping the name or our greatness.....

It is my understanding that all of these interlopers have been in some way affected by lack of a balanced diet., As far as this , MY Pun Pun we serve only health food....... you eat it you stay alive...... you don't eat ..... you starve...

or

if you want the brief and short answser to your question.....

NO

Thanks for asking and stop by and stay healthy

Gonzo

You mean you do not sell nice mung bean salads only Gonzo. Think of the animals that you are giving a pleasant life to till they end up on the plate....without you they would never have existed to enjoy life.

You mean you do not sell nice mung bean salads only Gonzo. Think of the animals that you are giving a pleasant life to till they end up on the plate....without you they would never have existed to enjoy life.

Harry, we must learn to love our fellow animals...... I have learned to love the furry or feathered little critters....... roasted or deep fried preferably....

Where Ya Been. ???? .... Been a while...

G

Low Fat? I'm not bring nasty and it's probably wonderful. But it's a serious problem in restaurants in Chiang Mai......very few seem to cater for a low fat option. For some older people ...medical issues make it very important that a low fat option be available for some oldies....

Low Fat? I'm not bring nasty and it's probably wonderful. But it's a serious problem in restaurants in Chiang Mai......very few seem to cater for a low fat option. For some older people ...medical issues make it very important that a low fat option be available for some oldies....

Mikey, I am in agreement with you 100%....... With our Chicken Fried Steak Dinner, you can cut your fat intake in half.......

Order the C F Stk Din...... eat half ...... take the other half home....... up to your will power as to when the half mark is hit...

G

Edited by Gonzo the Face