Poll shows junta’s rice farmer payment outstanding performance

Lite Beer

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"They reason rice payment as the outstanding performance because farmers have been exploited and unjustly treated for a lon time. Payment will enable them to continue planting for the new crop season."

Yet as per another news article in another thread. These same farmers are crying poor and have their hands out begging the regime to give them a supplement so they can plant a new crop. Unbelievable. facepalm.gif

• Like 2

So it's praise to the Prayuth government. Buttttttttttttttttt... How will the people in especially the northeast cast there vote when in about a year from now with elections yet another shinaparty promises them again high riceprices, way above international market price? Memories can be short then.

Time for a new party as the dems prolly will never get foot on the ground up north. Which I can understand.

Lets hope that the Junta makes some kind of rulings that prohibit schemes such as the rice debacle.

• Like 2

So it's praise to the Prayuth government. Buttttttttttttttttt... How will the people in especially the northeast cast there vote when in about a year from now with elections yet another shinaparty promises them again high riceprices, way above international market price? Memories can be short then.

Time for a new party as the dems prolly will never get foot on the ground up north. Which I can understand.

And well the Shinaparty will give everyone 500 Baht for the right vote. Than they will win the election. As Super Prayuth will change the laws, the party will be dissolved or half the members red carded.....

Than Abhisit will be premier and again no having any clue what to do, while the reds will tell that the election have been stolen from them. As Abhisit will complete fail again on the next election the Shinaparty will win a landslide. Put her cronies everywhere and rip off the country as complete as possible. Than the yellows will start to demonstrate. The police will have improved measures and the Yellows will have new methods......

and so on till the year 3000.....

• Like 1

"They reason rice payment as the outstanding performance because farmers have been exploited and unjustly treated for a lon time. Payment will enable them to continue planting for the new crop season."

Yet as per another news article in another thread. These same farmers are crying poor and have their hands out begging the regime to give them a supplement so they can plant a new crop. Unbelievable. facepalm.gif

The average Thai rice farmer is never going to be rich. At todays price they are lucky to make a profit at all. At most 2-3k bht per rai. If you live in Isaan it is nigh on impossible to survive just as a rice farmer. Even in those places where 2 or more crops per year are possible it is neccessary to find extra work to survive.

Or send one's children to Pattaya.

• Like 2

A fair proportion of the farmers were forced by delayed payments to borrow heavily and because of this have incurred large interest charges.

In some cases the payments they have finally received did not even cover the repayment of the principal and interest of their borrowing.

They should be compensated for the interest they have been forced to pay through no fault of their own.

There is at present a class action underway by a farmer leaders action group claiming just that, I hope they succeed.

Instead of slagging off at them from your financially secure air conditioned comfort how about putting yourself in the position of working for months then having your boss tell you "I will pay you sometime, might be next week, next month"

The class action was yet another attempt to discredit the scheme, not originated by farmers.

Interesting that Mr Prayuth is praised (rightly in my opinion) for making the final payments under PTP's programme. And it is rightly being claimed that this will raise Thai GDP growth to a less unacceptable level after the damage inflicted by 6 months of insurrection. Meanwhile the architect of the programme continues to be vilified in the rightwing press, and by the less informed, and has had her application for witnesses denied. Welcome to 1984.

Instead of slagging off at them from your financially secure air conditioned comfort how about putting yourself in the position of working for months then having your boss tell you "I will pay you sometime, might be next week, next month"

Don't make the mistake of assuming you know anything about me.But I can tell you I pay taxes which are spent on these farmers, whom I might say the majority don't pay anything, so have a right to an opinion. If farming is so hard then they can always take up another profession. Plenty of labouring work around ATM after all the Cambodians left the country. Cheers.

The class action was yet another attempt to discredit the scheme, not originated by farmers.

Interesting that Mr Prayuth is praised (rightly in my opinion) for making the final payments under PTP's programme. And it is rightly being claimed that this will raise Thai GDP growth to a less unacceptable level after the damage inflicted by 6 months of insurrection. Meanwhile the architect of the programme continues to be vilified in the rightwing press, and by the less informed, and has had her application for witnesses denied. Welcome to 1984.

"Meanwhile the architect of the programme continues to be vilified in the rightwing press, and by the less informed, and has had her application for witnesses denied. "

I think it is generally acknowledged that Thaksin was actually the architect, Yingluck was merely the clerk that delivered the plans.

I am sure BIG BROTHER (1984) would be offended with your comment.

As for denial of witnesses, I believe she has had enough, not the whole football team.

Edited by ratcatcher
  • Like 2

I suppose this is another one of those worthless polls that are only run in Bangkok and don't reflect the whole nation. I suppose this is another one of those worthless polls that are only run in Bangkok that show that the Bangkokians do not have any emphaty for those in Isaan. I suppose this is another of those worthless polls that are only run in Bangkok that show that Bangkokians don't like sharing their tax take with the Isaan poor.

You`re right, it is generally acknowledged by the mass of posters here who rely on the well known right wing, and free of charge, press. You may (or may not be) a majority on TV, hard to tell in these days of curtailed free speech, but you are a minority in the country, and you will be for a very very long time to come, in fact you never have been a majority, and you never will be.

• Like 1

Don't make the mistake of assuming you know anything about me.But I can tell you I pay taxes which are spent on these farmers, whom I might say the majority don't pay anything, so have a right to an opinion. If farming is so hard then they can always take up another profession. Plenty of labouring work around ATM after all the Cambodians left the country. Cheers.

Apt username............perhaps you should stay in one.

Edited by Phatcharanan
  • Like 1

Apt username............perhaps you should stay in one.

Rice farmer ??

To coma: farmers are also landowners, they pay tax, they are the backbone of this country, they are nearly 50% of the workforce, they grow the food that 99% of us eat, they are indispensable. I assume you are a westerner, and I respect the fact that you pay tax in Thailand, only a minority of westerners do, thanks.

• Like 2

And well the Shinaparty will give everyone 500 Baht for the right vote. Than they will win the election. As Super Prayuth will change the laws, the party will be dissolved or half the members red carded.....

Than Abhisit will be premier and again no having any clue what to do, while the reds will tell that the election have been stolen from them. As Abhisit will complete fail again on the next election the Shinaparty will win a landslide. Put her cronies everywhere and rip off the country as complete as possible. Than the yellows will start to demonstrate. The police will have improved measures and the Yellows will have new methods......

and so on till the year 3000.....

Well! Why not adopt a parlimentary system like Switzerland? 7 official PM's 2 each from the three largest party and 1 from the fourth largest. Only concensus on any project/legislation is passed. Either it would work like a charm or nothing at all will get done. One of the 7 are chosen on a rotating basis to serve as PM at functions. What do you think?

• Like 1

Coma you obviously know little about farming. The farmers debts go back at least for the past two seasons. That's three years living on borrowed money. They can't simply close their farms for three years, as they need to be kept viable to grow a crop. The fact that several farmers suicided in the past six months because of their debt, speaks for itself. Yes they need to become wiser and better educated about marketing and production, but a little compassion for this group as they try to resolve their debt situation and just break even, may be more helpful.

• Like 1

Coma you obviously know little about farming. The farmers debts go back at least for the past two seasons. That's three years living on borrowed money. They can't simply close their farms for three years, as they need to be kept viable to grow a crop. The fact that several farmers suicided in the past six months because of their debt, speaks for itself. Yes they need to become wiser and better educated about marketing and production, but a little compassion for this group as they try to resolve their debt situation and just break even, may be more helpful.

Why continue in an occupation or business that is not viable ?? All the VCR repairmen around the world had to find a new career when DVD came out. Nobody is holding a gun to these peoples heads telling them to continue farming rice. wink.png

Not unbelievable when you take into account the loans and interest these farmers had to get just to eat and have electric for many months while the YL gov twiddled their thumbs blaming everyone else for the inability to pay.

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Let's not forget these payments were result of Yingluck's program. The junta just delivered them.

The junta didnt just pay them. They made people get off their butts and money to do it. You call it YLs program. But all she did was make unkept promises to the farmers. Only the PTP would call it their program. Everyone else is calling it their FAILED progam

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app