I am an addict.

Costas2008

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have never understood getting addicted to coffee. I do like the taste with milk and sugar, but that makes most things taste good and black coffee is like medicine to me. I drink coffee to wake up in the morning and that is about it and if I drink it every day, I get headaches for a few days when I stop. To each his own I guess.

I don't get the addiction either, though, clearly many *are* addicted. I wonder if it's more psychological than physical. Like you, I like a morning coffee to properly wake myself up. I might have a second one in the afternoon, but not always. Once a year, I go a week without coffee to ensure I can do without. I don't feel any different that week, though am glad to be getting back to my routine at the end of it.

The OP has alerted me to something: I usually have my sugarless coffee (with a dash of milk) with something sweet, like a banana or a home-made musli bar, or peanut butter and jelly on toast. During my coffee-less week, I still have that, but with a glass of warm water instead.

Could it be that the addiction is to the sweetness, rather than the caffeine?

T

Thakkar, you could be very right here.

Always, in my life liked sweets and cakes and all the Greek, honey riddled sweets.

Always afraid that I would develop diabetes.

Thank God, up to the age of 67, am OK.

Me and my wife stopped drinking that thai icecoffee. It is to fat and also 70 baht is not cheap.

We have a percolator now which makes great coffee. Mix with hot milk and brown sugar and it tastes even better and is less fat/sweet.

• Like 1

Melbourne has two things going for it - the food and the coffee. I dont believe it's coincidence that it also has one of the largest concentrations of Italians and Greeks in Australia - I'm assuming they pass that coffee-making skill down from father to son.

• Like 1

I though it was about being a forum addict.

No such thing btw.

That's my next thread, kris.

When I finish my iced coffee.

I think its fine unless your man boobs are lactating.

If you can do that, I have an abandoned newborn puppy that would just love to meet you.

(not a joke)

I though it was about being a forum addict.

No such thing btw.

That's my next thread, kris.

When I finish my iced coffee.

I think its fine unless your man boobs are lactating.

If you can do that, I have an abandoned newborn puppy that would just love to meet you.

(not a joke)

I always thought of you, as a serious and grown up man.

Obviously wrong.............

Its quite simple.. if your health is still good.. Chris lawrence made a good remark about a hba1c check and maybe a normal blood sugar test in the morning. Just go to one of the many clinics they will take your blood and send it for testing. Make sure you don't eat or drink before the test, best thing done early int he morning after waking up.

If those test indicate your still in the clear then its up to you if you want to keep staying fat and enjoy more food or change your food habits and maybe do some exercise. One thing is for sure it won't go away without some changes. Also it might not need to go away if you are ok with it and it does not damage your health.

• Like 1

Its quite simple.. if your health is still good.. Chris lawrence made a good remark about a hba1c check and maybe a normal blood sugar test in the morning. Just go to one of the many clinics they will take your blood and send it for testing. Make sure you don't eat or drink before the test, best thing done early int he morning after waking up.

If those test indicate your still in the clear then its up to you if you want to keep staying fat and enjoy more food or change your food habits and maybe do some exercise. One thing is for sure it won't go away without some changes. Also it might not need to go away if you are ok with it and it does not damage your health.

robblok, thank you very much for your advice.

I have a full blood test, every 3 months, my wife being a nurse insists on that and also it's free for me being married to a civil servant.

I'm not fat anyway......1.82height........85kgs weight.

Probably have to loose about 5kgs and the main thing is more exercise.

Costas: The condensed "milk" is has usually replaced the milk fat with palm oil (read the small writing on the cans).

When you come from Greek, which has very delicious coffee, and in general a very high culture for food and drinks, you should be ashamed to drink such a crap.

Go make some delicious Greek-coffee licklips.gif.pagespeed.ce.v-hsVd-Wpu.gif and ignore that palm oil powered crap.

My Thai wife, after learning of good Italian Espresso refuses to drink any of the average Thai brews. And find some Thai coffee beans which are good quality for Italian coffee.

And manboobs aren't very sexy....

• Like 1

I have a full blood test, every 3 months, my wife being a nurse insists on that and also it's free for me being married to a civil servant.

Apparently your BMI is 25.7 = slightly overweight...

Your ideal body weight is 82.5 kg... Apparently

But that's what BMI calculators reckon... IMO it depends on your frame...

They say anything over a BMI of 25 is overweight...

My BMI is 22.7 and my gut doesn't show me being skinny at all, it's just a lack of exercise, which apart from dog walking is absolutely no existent...

I couldn't possibly be addicted to that stuff. Because I think it tastes vile, I'm sweet enough and don't like sugar.. I'm lactose intolerant also which makes me flatulent enough already without all that sugar & milk! [emoji40]

Edited by Porkster
  • Like 1

Not so, I know quite a few people that are lactose intolerant and when we all work together you can cut the atmosphere with a blunt knife!

[emoji13]

Lactose Intolerance

Many coffee beverages, particularly lattes, contain dairy products such as milk and cream. A common cause of gastric discomfort is lactose intolerance, a condition that makes dairy products difficult to digest. According to the authors of a December 2013 article in the "European Review of Medical and Pharmacological Sciences," more than 75 percent of the world's population develops some degree of lactose intolerance, with symptoms starting as late as age 65 or older. Symptoms can include abdominal pain, bloating, flatulence and diarrhea. Decreasing or eliminating dairy products, using soy or other alternatives or using lactase products may help relieve symptoms of lactose intolerance.

Edited by Porkster
  • Like 1

Some 30 years ago, a colleague worker of mine told me that if I stopped putting sugar in my coffee for one week, I would not be able to drink sweetened coffee ever again.

I tried it. I have not bought white sugar ever since... nor do I tolerate sugar added to any of my drinks...

• Like 2

Apparently your BMI is 25.7 = slightly overweight...

Your ideal body weight is 82.5 kg... Apparently

But that's what BMI calculators reckon... IMO it depends on your frame...

They say anything over a BMI of 25 is overweight...

My BMI is 22.7 and my gut doesn't show me being skinny at all, it's just a lack of exercise, which apart from dog walking is absolutely no existent...

I couldn't possibly be addicted to that stuff. Because I think it tastes vile, I'm sweet enough and don't like sugar.. I'm lactose intolerant also which makes me flatulent enough already without all that sugar & milk! [emoji40]

Bmi is outdated. I got a higher BMI as Costa and I can assure you my belly is not fat. Muscle weights more as fat.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Well , the headline grabbed my attention !!! , Alas , when i saw the topic my interest drained rapidly. I thought you were going to say whores.

Take 'em or leave 'em.

Coffee- don't even talk to me before my first cup in the morning. Not that I'm proud of it...

• Like 1

I would be more concerned with your cholesterol level if I were you.

Just a thought.

EVERYTIME I get addicted to something new, someone like you comes along and kills the joy.

When I order my ice coffees now, I specify NO SUGAR, I get a few weird looks but it may help we'd off diabetes for a few more years.

So much <deleted> sugar in everything.

While we're (almost) on the topic, are any of the canned coffees sugar free? Love the caffeine, could live without the sugar.

I mean the 10-20 baht ones, like Birdy or Nestle, not that Japanese black coffee that goes for 45 baht a can.

I always wanted to ask Costas, why he exchanged Greece and it's thousand of unique, beautiful islands with it's genuine "down to earth people" to a spot somewhere in the Isaan?

For sure it wasn't for the coffee.

Costas, spill your guts and don't be shy.

Cheers.

• Like 1

While we're (almost) on the topic, are any of the canned coffees sugar free? Love the caffeine, could live without the sugar.

I mean the 10-20 baht ones, like Birdy or Nestle, not that Japanese black coffee that goes for 45 baht a can.

They are all laced with sugar, which is why I won't touch those ones.

• Like 1

So, now I know how to make my second $$$ million....

Edited by impulse

Yeah they are disgusting as are this 3in1 shit

• Like 1

I would be more concerned with your cholesterol level if I were you.

Just a thought.

EVERYTIME I get addicted to something new, someone like you comes along and kills the joy.

When I order my ice coffees now, I specify NO SUGAR, I get a few weird looks but it may help we'd off diabetes for a few more years.

So much <deleted> sugar in everything.

What about the condensed milk, Neverdie?

Is that diabetes friendly?