Public embraces junta: Thai analysis

webfact

BBC World TV is doing a heavy piece on the NCPO's crackdown on dissent and showing people in Bkk being arrested for very innocuous acts.

I can see the station being blocked once more and Jonathon ' Dick ' Head having to get out of the country fast, again.

BBC went down from one of the best News channel to a propaganda channel for US/UK new world order.

And Jonathan Head is known for his close relations with the red shirts.

So both sides just put their propaganda...

Yes. You are right.

But the junta block BBC everything Mr. Head say something RED.

Allow all to view when Mr. Head say something YELLOW.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And surprise, surprise, Suthep reveals at his fund raising event, "have dinner with kamnan suthep", how he has been advising prayuth on how to get rid of the "Thaksin Regime" since 2010. The other paper goes so far as to suggest that prayuth has been actively plotting to bring down Yingluck Shinawatra - I expect their reporters will be "invited" for an "attitude adjustment" chat in the very near future.

So much for keeping quiet about politics in this period of "happiness"

From the evidence of what we've seen the junta have done something which doesn't appear anywhere in the Book of Thainess. It's called forward planning.

Or did you think the general woke up one morning and thought, "Hmm....nice day for a coup."

Not at all. I'm well aware of what has been happening.

However, there are more than a few on here that have been constantly maintaining that suthep and the pdrc were not part of a common strategy to overthrow the government and that prayuth just decided to have a coup because the talks between the caretaker government and sutheps lot had failed after just two sessions of "talks".

Lecture them, not me.

As usual wrong. It was not because they failed it was because they refused to even try.

PTP arrogance blinded them to the fact that there was a chance for reconciliation. In there ignorance they thought that there was no reconciliation needed just arrest the people who didn't agree with them and all would be fine. They failed to realize that this was not a political event. It was a direct command to begin reconciliation.

It came from a person who cared about the welfare of the Thai people and the Thai nation and was able to back it up.

Personally I think Suthep was talking to hear himself talk. Or words were being put in his mouth or taken out of context typical PTP policies.

Why would he talk with a man in 2010 who did not have the position to bring down a Prime Minister who was not even in politics at the time?

Tell you what, why don't you read, understand and then post.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

""Sooner or later, you [the junta] have to open up common space for the people. Space doesn’t mean instigation. It means catharsis where people can release tension," she said." (Pirongrong Ramasoota Rananand, from Chulalongkorn University's Faculty of Communication Arts,)

I love it. A Thai academic hippy.

She's right though.

True. But did she tell the whole story about how it is necessary to close many holes first.

Public embraces propaganda should be the headline !

What propaganda? facepalm.gif

Public is embracing good news should be the head line.thumbsup.gif

And surprise, surprise, Suthep reveals at his fund raising event, "have dinner with kamnan suthep", how he has been advising prayuth on how to get rid of the "Thaksin Regime" since 2010. The other paper goes so far as to suggest that prayuth has been actively plotting to bring down Yingluck Shinawatra - I expect their reporters will be "invited" for an "attitude adjustment" chat in the very near future.

In 2010 Yingluck was not even in politics. cheesy.gif now that is propagandaclap2.gif

I've told you once, I'll tell you again. Read, understand, then post.

If you had read the article in question you would realise that the first phrase was referring to a statement from suthep and the second phrase was a separate event - a summation of what the Post thought prayuth had been doing during the years of the Yingluck administration.

You see, in the complicated world of Thai politics, the "Thaksin Regime" is seen to comprise any and all of the governments backed by Thaksin - this includes the last government with Yingluck as PM. Now do you understand?

ps You can put the kiddie self congratulatory emoticons away now, save them for the next time you think you have made a "clever" post

Edited by fab4

The Nation is now reporting that the new Interm charter is nearly completed, but with one major change.

The drafting of the interim constitution has been almost done and the junta has ordered an amendment to free the next charter from public referendum requirement, Isara News Agency reported.

The agency quoted a source from the National Council for Peace and Order as saying that the Wissanu Krea-Ngam, a legal advisor of the NCPO, has submitted a draft of the interim charter for the junta to consider.

The draft interim charter would require the new constitution to be drafted by a constitution drafting assembly to be approved by a national referendum but the junta told Wissanu to delete the clause, the Isara News agency said.

In other words, the public will have zero to say about the new charter. Good or bad, it's going to be shoved down their throats, much the same way as the last one was, and there's not a damn thing they can say or do about it.

The Post Today was the first to pick up on it - The Bangkok Pundit had a piece on it on the 20th June,

A military source stated that the NCPO had finished drafting the interim constitution. The key issues were the origin of the National Legislative Assembly and the Political Reform Council in which their members will be appointed by the NCPO. This is different from the original plan where the Political Reform Council would have consisted of 150 members chosen by various professional groups

The [Political] Reform Council will be in charge of the new constitution and set out a framework for national reform. There will be a 35-member committee that will consist of 20 members from the [Political] Reform Council, 5 from the interim cabinet, 5 from the NLA, and 5 from the NCPO and they will be the committee to draft the new constitution.

Once the draft is complete, it will be sent to the Reform Council for a vote without the need of sending it to a referendum as stipulated under the 2006 interim constitution

http://asiancorrespondent.com/123928/will-there-be-a-referendum-to-approve-a-new-thai-constitution/

but now The Nation has confirmed it. Makes you wonder just how much input to a new constitution by non junta appointed people will be allowed to have. Wonder how the apologists are going to explain that one away - ignore it probably.

Edited by fab4

I can see these are emotional times for you fab4. smile.png

Relax, competent people are at works ATM and things are progressing, even you can see it.

"Relax, competent people are at works ATM and things are progressing"

See post 66 .

Relax, competent people are at works ATM and things are progressing, even you can see it.

"Relax, competent people are at works ATM and things are progressing"

See post 66 .

Obviously you are concerned that this is just all a 'part' of some greater plan.

You expect them just to step aside and reinstall some of the other fools that were previously destroying the place?

A I think you may be over analysing the situation. Relax.

I've told you once, I'll tell you again. Read, understand, then post.

If you had read the article in question you would realise that the first phrase was referring to a statement from suthep and the second phrase was a separate event - a summation of what the Post thought prayuth had been doing during the years of the Yingluck administration.

You see, in the complicated world of Thai politics, the "Thaksin Regime" is seen to comprise any and all of the governments backed by Thaksin - this includes the last government with Yingluck as PM. Now do you understand?

ps You can put the kiddie self congratulatory emoticons away now, save them for the next time you think you have made a "clever" post

I presume the ATM part was not an intentional play on words, but probably fairly accurate.

• Like 2

Time like this even Ahbisit besides Prayuth will tell Suthep to put a sock in it. Blabbermouth Suthep has just help hardened the oppositions knowing that a conspiracy has robbed them of their democractic rights. If he planned all this since 2010 while he still in the Dem Party, the party and Ahbisit will be dragged into this. Come next election, this will be the campaign speech and will lessen the chance of the Dem like in 2010. Another landslide victory for the PT is highly expected now.

Prayuth is in full denial as expected and will give him the benefit of doubt but the damage has been done. Even BP is doing some damage control by quickly withdrawing the news. Sorry guys, too late. Plot fully exposed.

Time like this even Ahbisit besides Prayuth will tell Suthep to put a sock in it. Blabbermouth Suthep has just help hardened the oppositions knowing that a conspiracy has robbed them of their democractic rights. If he planned all this since 2010 while he still in the Dem Party, the party and Ahbisit will be dragged into this. Come next election, this will be the campaign speech and will lessen the chance of the Dem like in 2010. Another landslide victory for the PT is highly expected now.

Prayuth is in full denial as expected and will give him the benefit of doubt but the damage has been done. Even BP is doing some damage control by quickly withdrawing the news. Sorry guys, too late. Plot fully exposed.

Give the BP their due - they still have a link up to their original article on sutheps "revelation". It's been moved and put in their new article about prayuth denying what suthep had said.

"Pirongrong Ramasoota Rananand, from Chulalongkorn University's Faculty of Communication Arts, said the past month was a honeymoon for coup supporters and a nightmare for its opponents.

One month might be too soon for an evaluation and the junta must think about the consequences of its conduct, she said.

Short-term measures taken by the junta might become a burden for elected governments in the future, she warned.

The junta also should think about human rights, she said, as people who oppose the coup have not expressed so in public but instead vent their anger on social media and with family and friends. The longer they are oppressed by the coup, the more their dissatisfaction will increase."

"Sooner or later, you [the junta] have to open up common space for the people. Space doesn’t mean instigation. It means catharsis where people can release tension," she said.

Brave point.

"Other academics urged the NCPO to take this chance to put Thai society in order. They noted that over the past month, the junta obviously zeroed in on some chronic problems, such as drug trafficking and illegal taxi activities."

These are issues with the chronic problem. When your legal system is flawed these issues will fester due to the problem.

There is a lot of love from the west. Its just some business practices revolve around abuse of human beings that are not loved or tolerated.

The rice policy was a social policy; more social policy work in the country areas will win the hearts and minds of people living in these areas. The capping of gas and oil prices is a social policy, like the rice scheme.

There is no denying that the General is well loved, "Only time will tell whether its perceived successes today will lead to sustainable changes and improvements in the long run".

Running a country for 6-12 months is not the issue; its if these decisions prove to be sustainable and productive for the long term. When he hands the ball over, there will be an opposition, you would think?whistling.gif

Give the BP their due - they still have a link up to their original article on sutheps "revelation". It's been moved and put in their new article about prayuth denying what suthep had said.

Interesting that you guys tend to believe Suthep what it fits your believes and call him a liar when not.

Anyway, the public embraces the Junta as if to annoy TV posters rolleyes.gif

Do we? I certainly didn't believe him when he was calling his final push, the final one, I'll grant you that. Despite your attempt to divert the comments about suthep, I'll think you'll find that the relationship between prayuth and suthep is certainly of interest to whether the public embraces the junta or not. Didn't 5 or 6 million members of the Thai public follow sutheps every word at one time (well according to him anyway) plus a good few on here I might add.

Anyway, apparently the public does embrace the junta, according to The Nation, it's just that I'm not quite sure what that means - I think it has to be an unconditional embrace these days, all or nothing. Let's see how much the public embrace the junta if Kritsuda Khunasen doesn't resurface after having being "invited" by them.

Edited by fab4
  • Like 2

But...but...but...Suthep. But...but...but...Abhisit. coffee1.gif

From the evidence of what we've seen the junta have done something which doesn't appear anywhere in the Book of Thainess. It's called forward planning.

Or did you think the general woke up one morning and thought, "Hmm....nice day for a coup."

Yes, as Lieutenant-General Chatchalerm Chalermsuk admitted, they did plan ahead and that carried a risk for those involved.

http://www.straitstimes.com/news/asia/south-east-asia/story/coup-necessary-prevent-failed-state-thai-junta-tells-foreign-media-

I think that Thai people do not realise that the West recoils in part because what happened breaks such a powerful taboo in our countries. In my own country it was at one time the last remaining offence for which the ultimate penalty applied.

• Like 1

It really is cringeworthy to read the same posters who just weeks ago were scathing of populist, fiscally irresponsible polices embracing the same behaviour because its "their side" doing the policy. facepalm.gif

Ah, but these aren't populist policies - they're policies to bring.happiness.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

It really is cringeworthy to read the same posters who just weeks ago were scathing of populist, fiscally irresponsible polices embracing the same behaviour because its "their side" doing the policy. facepalm.gif

Ah, but these aren't populist policies - they're policies to bring.happiness.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Sure thing, not the same at all thumbsup.gif

Long live the junta, down with this sort of thing biggrin.png

Edited by tullynagardy

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

So far so good.

However early days yet. Let us hope that the positive attitude being shown at this ,moment in time is for real and will be an effective and an ongoing scenario.

Corruption and the abuse of power and position will never ever be completely eradicated, human nature being what it is (greedy) hence ongoing vigilance is essential.

Thailand and its peoples are in a position now to change their future. It is up to, in fact it is the duty of those in power to remember that they are serving the people and for those in power to to remember that they are public servants not the other way round.

When the honeymoon period is over then we may well in fact we will be able to judge matters with a more discriminating critical eye and the outcome of the military take over and the subsequent events that emerge from the matter.

Indeed we live in interesting times.

Thailand and its peoples are in a position now to change their future?

The Isara News Agency reports from a source in the NPCO that the interim constitution will not require approval by a national referendum as the junta told Wissanu Krea-Ngam, a legal advisor of the NCPO who submitted a draft of the interim charter for the junta for consideration to delete the clause. The people's position may be more of a supplication than standing tall.

But...but...but...Suthep. But...but...but...Abhisit. coffee1.gif

Unless you have something to add to my post other than your usual juvenile offering, why don't you but...but...but out.

In 2010 I predicted pretty much everything that has happened so far. That whenever there was an election a Red party would win it (Pheu Thai or if they got banned then another Thai Rak Thai remake), which sooner or later would make a move to bring Thaksin back, resulting in Yellow Shirts taking to the street and making trouble, giving their military buddies an excuse to launch a coup.

Ok, so you're now officially in the running for the Nostradamus Award.

whistling.gif