Why don’t you “fly the flag”?

Costas2008

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To Urloc:

You said it was better in Spain before.

I was hoping (no, not realy) that you referred to the Republic.

All along, I knew you meant The Caudillo.

I am not the big fan of Franco. I would prefer him ten times to what is now though. When he passed away and democracy started in Spain, things started to rot. And now the mindset of people is just awful. Can't tell personally because I was born after Franco's death but anyways I prefer that government way than what we have now.

The "reds" as we call them in Spain had a different view of Spain. Not the best for my taste but at least they were patriots. They loved Spain and they fought to death for the sake of the country they wanted for. Even not liking the idea of comunism, they still wanted the best for the country or what they thought it was the best. But now the so called "reds" are not patriots. They even want to break Spain in pieces and you can talk about that openly. However, if you say you want the inmigrants out of your country you are silenced.

So yeah, they have what they deserve and I admire the patriotism of Thais. Yellow ones or red ones, they are all patriots.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Terror_(Spain)

Yes, I know about that. The thing is the opposite would be worse. The reds would do the same thing and it is not a supposition, they already burned every church they could when they conquered a village so they would do the same thing with the losers than the troops of Franco did. It was a very sad war between two antagonic groups and the winner would smash the loser.

On the other hand, with a little historic criteria, if the reds won the war Spain will no longer be a country now. They wanted to conquer Portugal after the civil war (which was the reason for Portugal to side with Franco) and on top of all, just a few years later Hitler came to the border and asked Franco for permission to cross the country (or else...). Franco let them cross and go to Africa. If it was the reds, Hitler won't ask for permission to cross and just destroy everything they find in their way and the Spanish army would be able to do nothing about it because they just finished a civil war and had no resources to start another one.

Franco was not a lovely leader and a lot of things he did were wrong, but the other party was no better. It was like choosing between getting a punch in your nose or a kick in your balls.

To Urloc:

You said it was better in Spain before.

I was hoping (no, not realy) that you referred to the Republic.

All along, I knew you meant The Caudillo.

I am not the big fan of Franco. I would prefer him ten times to what is now though. When he passed away and democracy started in Spain, things started to rot. And now the mindset of people is just awful. Can't tell personally because I was born after Franco's death but anyways I prefer that government way than what we have now.

The "reds" as we call them in Spain had a different view of Spain. Not the best for my taste but at least they were patriots. They loved Spain and they fought to death for the sake of the country they wanted for. Even not liking the idea of comunism, they still wanted the best for the country or what they thought it was the best. But now the so called "reds" are not patriots. They even want to break Spain in pieces and you can talk about that openly. However, if you say you want the inmigrants out of your country you are silenced.

So yeah, they have what they deserve and I admire the patriotism of Thais. Yellow ones or red ones, they are all patriots.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Terror_(Spain)

Yes, I know about that. The thing is the opposite would be worse. The reds would do the same thing and it is not a supposition, they already burned every church they could when they conquered a village so they would do the same thing with the losers than the troops of Franco did. It was a very sad war between two antagonic groups and the winner would smash the loser.

On the other hand, with a little historic criteria, if the reds won the war Spain will no longer be a country now. They wanted to conquer Portugal after the civil war (which was the reason for Portugal to side with Franco) and on top of all, just a few years later Hitler came to the border and asked Franco for permission to cross the country (or else...). Franco let them cross and go to Africa. If it was the reds, Hitler won't ask for permission to cross and just destroy everything they find in their way and the Spanish army would be able to do nothing about it because they just finished a civil war and had no resources to start another one.

Franco was not a lovely leader and a lot of things he did were wrong, but the other party was no better. It was like choosing between getting a punch in your nose or a kick in your balls.

you werent talking about franco vs reds.  you said you would prefer a man like him ten times more than what spain has now? wow!

To AYJAYDEE

Yes, because with him Spain was sovereign and everything in Spain was for Spanish people. Now:

- It is not a country anymore. It is a colony of Europe, can't even pass laws without their consent.

- An ilegal inmigrant coming to Spain gets health care and subsidies just from the very moment they step on Spain.

- In the times of Franco, nobody knew what "unemployment" means. Only useless people won't have a job.

- In the times of Franco, health care was free (as it is now) there was paid retirement (as it is now) and there was no VAT and the Revenue tax was around 5 times below than it is now.

- Before, Spain was for the Spanish. Now it is just a joke.

To AYJAYDEE

Yes, because with him Spain was sovereign and everything in Spain was for Spanish people. Now:

- It is not a country anymore. It is a colony of Europe, can't even pass laws without their consent.

- An ilegal inmigrant coming to Spain gets health care and subsidies just from the very moment they step on Spain.

- In the times of Franco, nobody knew what "unemployment" means. Only useless people won't have a job.

- In the times of Franco, health care was free (as it is now) there was paid retirement (as it is now) and there was no VAT and the Revenue tax was around 5 times below than it is now.

so murder is justified in the name of spain? DOUBLE WOW!

• Like 1

I think it is inappropriate.....
I would be very angry to see the Turkish immigrants fly their flags in my home country. And everyone was upset with Erdogan making speeches in Germany and Austria.

I agree.

Its inappropriate many wont like it. I am not a nationalist so I also dont feel the need. The world would be a better place without nationalism. Americans are crazy about it the Dutch not so.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Not all Americans. I never flew an American flag back there, so not here either. Most Americans I know don't either.  Funny this topic is seen as another opportunity to rag on Americans. Now Thais, back to topic, they DO fly a lot of Thai flags, don't they?

One day when you stop messing with everybody's affairs, then you wont subjected it. thumbsup.gif

I think it is inappropriate.....
I would be very angry to see the Turkish immigrants fly their flags in my home country. And everyone was upset with Erdogan making speeches in Germany and Austria.

I agree.

Its inappropriate many wont like it. I am not a nationalist so I also dont feel the need. The world would be a better place without nationalism. Americans are crazy about it the Dutch not so.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Not all Americans. I never flew an American flag back there, so not here either. Most Americans I know don't either.  Funny this topic is seen as another opportunity to rag on Americans. Now Thais, back to topic, they DO fly a lot of Thai flags, don't they?

One day when you stop messing with everybody's affairs, then you wont subjected it. thumbsup.gif

Don't count on it. If that happens, people will be WHINING that they don't. 

• Like 1

To AYJAYDEE

War brings murders, rapes, thefts and the worse of everybody. Doesn't matter who won, that would happen with just different people. War is war and it sucks but we can't just judge a 40yr government for what it happened just after the war. In every war there are innocents who die or suffer, it sucks and what should be avoided is war. So no, what happened was not Franco's fault, it is just the consequence of war.

+sorry wrong wording flag pole shoved up arse and put on one of there ships costa concordia and others that keep sinking when all crew run like little rats off there sinking ship  and leave passengers to drown

To AYJAYDEE

War brings murders, rapes, thefts and the worse of everybody. Doesn't matter who won, that would happen with just different people. War is war and it sucks but we can't just judge a 40yr government for what it happened just after the war. In every war there are innocents who die or suffer, it sucks and what should be avoided is war. So no, what happened was not Franco's fault, it is just the consequence of war.

Yes, except that Franco STARTED the civil war.

He actually invaded his own country from Africa.

To AYJAYDEE

Yes, except that Franco STARTED the civil war.

He actually invaded his own country from Africa.

Actually he was not the leader when the war started, he assumed that role after the death of Sanjurjo. The causes of the coup (which failed and led to the war) are very complicated. Me, I know enough from that war as I had a grandfagher fighting in the nationals and another one in the reds. When I was a kid I used to go to one grand's house and listen to his stories and then go to the other one, listen his stories and then tell him about the opinion of the other. Each one would have different opinions but the truth is Franco recovered the control of the country from a Republic that kicked out the previous king who recovered the control from the first republic that previously had dethroned the previous king and we could keep this thing till the times of the catholic kings when the Spanish reign was born. And yet today, some areas of Spain claim their sovereignity on the grounds that the territory was sovereign in the times of the catholic kings (around 600 years ago).

Many wrong things were done but the total truth after the WWII is that Spain would be erased by Hitler if it was a republic in these times. And during the rule of Franco, Spain constructed more dams and more roads than in the previous 600 years and actually, are the ones used nowadays. The worst thing of all is that I know this because I studied by myself. In today's history books the government of Franco has been erased. If you go to the military museum in Toledo there is a cronology of all the governments in Spain. Luis ! who was a 17yr old kid who reigned Spain for about 7 months has a big painting displaying his name and there is a big sign explaining what he did in these 7 months as well as some history about him. Franco leaded Spain for 37 years and has been the longest leader of Spain in the history. All you can find of him in the museum is a 40cm statue saying "Francisco Franco Bahamonde, Caudillo of Spain from 1938 to 1975."

To AYJAYDEE

lol! the guy is saying he would PREFER the reign of Franco to the present situation. are you agreeing?? lol

• Like 1

Well i will say it once more.................waving the flag is a root cause of exacerbating nationalism which if you include religion are some of the causes of war.FLAGS are totally useless and in my opinion just make people look like sheep...................like following the crowd.

I would rather fly my kite thank you very muchrolleyes.gif

• Like 1